So what did we gain from picking Parthiv Patel ahead of Rishab Pant?

Pant wudnt have been picked after a poor ranji season and he didnt do much in A-games as well 

But Samson did well , has been doing well in A-games so he cud have been given a chance. Atleast when saha got injured

What baffles me is if Karthik wasnt keeping this season why was he sent ????

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
19 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Unfortunately he hasn't kept wickets much because Karthick has been our keeper.

He kept for a couple matches I think becoz Karthick was having injury.

i think he kept more games this season as Karthik was playing for India.

Edit: just checked that Jadeesan kept in 5 games this season, Karthik just 1.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/keeping/most_dismissals_career.html?id=12014;team=2184;type=tournament

Edited by rkt.india

Pant is 20 years old guys . Stop rushing when if you watch him he is no we’re near ready for international cricket . And very very rarely are 20 year olds ready so no disgrace in that 

let’s be honest he is only 20 and so raw in his batting . Very naive in shots played and how he plays match situations . He has lots and lots of work to do before being ready . Technically he is not good enough , so green .

he not even had a good season . In fact has second season dip. You guys will ruin him pushing him when not ready at all ! Similar to stupidity making him Delhi skipper , you guys making same error 

Max is t20 for pant . As for tests that is laughable proposition at moment . Saha stays as test keeper for me until someone shows have technical ability to take over 

if you think pant in engaknd will

do well in tests swinging across line you must be kidding . Pant for india needs revisiting in 12 months time , let’s see how progresses 

5 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Pant is 20 years old guys . Stop rushing when if you watch him he is no we’re near ready for international cricket . And very very rarely are 20 year olds ready so no disgrace in that 

let’s be honest he is only 20 and so raw in his batting . Very naive in shots played and how he plays match situations . He has lots and lots of work to do before being ready . Technically he is not good enough , so green .

he not even had a good season . In fact has second season dip. You guys will ruin him pushing him when not ready at all ! Similar to stupidity making him Delhi skipper , you guys making same error 

Max is t20 for pant . As for tests that is laughable proposition at moment . Saha stays as test keeper for me until someone shows have technical ability to take over 

if you think pant in engaknd will

do well in tests swinging across line you must be kidding . Pant for india needs revisiting in 12 months time , let’s see how progresses 

pant is a very good keeper and we are looking for safe keeper.  yes, saha is keeper for now but we need to prepare a backup and Pant is that backup. is it so hard to understand that Pant is a better backup than PP and DK on any day. Regarding his batting that is his style of batting. he is an aggressive batsman and he will learn other things as he plays more.  

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

pant is a very good keeper and we are looking for safe keeper.  yes, saha is keeper for now but we need to prepare a backup and Pant is that backup. is it so hard to understand that Pant is a better backup than PP and DK on any day. Regarding his batting that is his style of batting. he is an aggressive batsman and he will learn other things as he plays more.  

Look dk and pp are not way forward . Totally agree . Both guys glove work is awfu l

but my point is pant ready for tests ? Massive no . No way . Let’s in a year or 2 . 

Need to try pant in t20 and odi for a few months and see how goes . My opinion may struggle with bat in odis , as has zero match awareness 

for test need to identify someone else for back up as now. Maybe is no one good I can see , hence desperate and pathetic call ups of pp and dk maybe ?

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

For Devils squad he missed keeping gloves only when Kock was playing. And being second to Kock is not a  bad thing for a 20 year old. But for that to happen, Dhoni must give way to him in either t20 or odi internationals. But Kohli can not afford loosing infield advises/decisions from Dhoni.

So only solution is Kohli needs to start going to Rohit or Rohit should take over. We can think about test cricket later. However, In absence of Saha, Pant should have been given the gloves

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I just don’t understand kohli the captain he invests so much on bowler , pant or anyone could have also travelled with all these tons of bowlers we have in sa.

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

how bad can any regular keeper be than both PP or DK. Stop playing these bozos and play pants or any youngster they can surely do better than 16 and 5 dropped catches.

This nonsense that they are not ready is just hogwash.

I doubt you remember deepdas gupta keeping in sa