India vs South Africa 1st ODI, February 1, 2018: Durban

rkt.india

6 hours ago, 02/04/11 said:

We need a sixth bowling option, can't go into the world cup with only five options (Rohit and kohli don't count) incase one gets smashed everywhere.

Another thing I really don't like bhuvi at 8. Yes he's done well but that was against lankan chuckers and at some point we'll be 100-5 at the world cup and with bhuvi at 8 we'll get rolled over for less than 200. 

I do think that he is the only batsman in the top 6 who can bowl.  And relatively he is bowling more than Rohit and Kohli. So out of those 3 his bowling is better. Rohit has stopped  bowling all together in IPL. Kedar bowled some spells in ODI versus Kiwis. Been a long time since Kohli has bowled as many overs as Kedar has.

And at 6 or 7 they will look to have a hard hitter.

Just because for his pa rt t time bowling we cannot have a passenger like Jadhav,his batting alone cannot find him a place in the xi,more to that during our fielding captain seems concerned about hiding him somewhere.Wc In Eng don't warrant his place just for his bowling ..should have been ignored long time back

I feel Rahul should be given a proper run at no 4.If we are playing batsman who can bowl spin at no.6 like Kedar,why can't Jadeja be given that spot.His fielding & catching will get 2 wickets per match at least and reliable 6th bowling option.It's terrible that Neither of these are in ODI squad.

Probable team for 1st ODI:

Rohit,Dhawan,Kohli,Pandey/Rahane/Iyer,Pandya,Dhoni,Pandey/Kedar/DK,Bhuvi,Shami,Kuldeep/Chahal,Bumrah.

If both Kuldeep & Chahal are played,6th batsman can be dropped.

Edited by diehardpacer
25 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Just because for his pa rt t time bowling we cannot have a passenger like Jadhav,his batting alone cannot find him a place in the xi,more to that during our fielding captain seems concerned about hiding him somewhere.Wc In Eng don't warrant his place just for his bowling ..should have been ignored long time back

Jadhav has an average of 41 at an SR of 109 with two 100s and 3 50s after 37 games batting at 5-6. His stats are not bad. Yes, he is not good as peak Dhoni or peak Yuvraj as a hitter but even peak dhoni and Yuvraj never had an SR of 109.  These are still early days for him but saying he is a passenger is quite untrue.  My biggest grudge with him is his poor fielding.  i will drop him for that alone. He has dropped easy catches.

5 minutes ago, diehardpacer said:

I feel Rahul should be given a proper run at no 4.If we are playing batsman who can bowl spin at no.6 like Kedar,why can't Jadeja be given that spot.His fielding & catching will get 2 wickets per match at least and reliable 6th bowling option.It's terrible that Neither of these are in ODI squad.

Probable team for 1st ODI:

Rohit,Dhawan,Kohli,Iyer/Pandey/Rahane,Pandya,Dhoni,Pandey/Kedar/DK,Bhuvi,Shami,Kuldeep/Chahal,Bumrah.

If both Kuldeep & Chahal are played,6th batsman can be dropped.I would play both.5 bowlers is too risky.

yes, discarding Rahul is a mystery to me at just after 3 games.  He is the only potential batsman at present who can match Kohli in all formats.