So it's established that Karthik is better T20I batsman than Rahul

8 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

In shorter format both ODIs and t20, he hasnt scored when not opening. Yesterday our first choice rohit and dhawan were available, so they rightly played kartik who is a middle order batsman than Rahul an openers known to struggle in middle order. 

Karthik should be given game time since he's the spare tyre for WC 2019.  But KLR should be given chances ahead of Pandey.  

Problem is that if KLR does well then he puts pressure on the dick's favorite 2 little balls - Tailunt and ThighFive.  And what man likes his balls under pressure? 

People on ICF make a mistake by making it between Karthick and Rahul.

It is Karthick vs Slowni and the winner is Karthick.

Rahul deserves a chance but the slot he should be putting pressure on is Rohit's and Pandey. Dhawan is in a different zone right now. It was shortsighted and petty on the part of the coach and maha kaptaan to not give Rahul a game.

8 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

DK played his part in yesterdays win. We won the game and series. Why are you stil cribbing about Rahul ?

also do post videos of Rahul opening in test series facing philander against him scoring against russell, badri on an makeshift ground in a game where even an unknown windies batsman got a 100.

That unknown batsman is Ewin Lewis. While Rahul has played 3 ODIs in middle order and you have decided he isn't good enough. While DK has been a serial failure.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Any basis for this rumor mongering?  

I'm no fan of VK's captaincy or selection gambles, but this is quite baseless..

When Rahul can walk into that dressing room and every batsman including Kohli tries to hide instead of looking him in the eye because they know his stats are far better than theirs and be should be in that team it's nota cricketing decision he has been left out ...give me your reason then 

This forum  is based all about rumour and opinion , if you can't beat them join them 

11 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Exactly Kartick did his job because he was more equipped to handle that situation. Infact playing rahul in middle order would have been setting him up for failure.  

Rahul had a poor test series. No big deal he didnt get runs, noone from both sides scored but it was his stay, it looked as if he didnt belong at that level and thats the worry. 

Rahul has 100s overseas and now he didn't belong.

Nobody denies karthik has no weaknesses. He can take on any type of bowling anywhere. Swing, pace bounce. But he is a mental midget at the end of the day. He cannot continue his focus on an innings more than a limited period. That is why he continued to be average while technically not exactly gifted Dhoni made great strides. He made lot of money in the iPL. HE should just keep it and settle down.  

The problem with this management is there is a different set of rules used for each player and that should be strongly condemned. I still feel this is all comes down to rampant seniority culture within the team. They will never become a dominant team with that pitiful mindset. 

16 hours ago, Mosher said:

5 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

When Rahul can walk into that dressing room and every batsman including Kohli tries to hide instead of looking him in the eye because they know his stats are far better than theirs and be should be in that team it's nota cricketing decision he has been left out ...give me your reason then 

This forum  is based all about rumour and opinion , if you can't beat them join them 

Any truth to the rumors that Fawad Alam doesn't get picked because he wasn't a willing participant in the team's bacchabaazi sessions?

On 24/02/2018 at 3:41 PM, Trichromatic said:

HS of DK is 48 and Rahul has a century already.

Rahul should just retire. If top performance can't get into team, then nothing else can.

He should just change profession as he no chance under current management.

Why retire, he will make millions playing IPL... just as I feared.