Mayank Agarwal is in India selection queue, says chief selector MSK Prasad

saik

16 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Mayank is 27 if not now when? Gotta give break to inform players, this is probably Mayank's best form... but short sighted selecters are ignoring him and will cap him when he's over the hill. Pathetic attitude.

Have you appreciated the same selectors for selecting Pandya, Chahal, Kuldeep,Bumrah??

Don't think T20 is his strongest format so right not to call him up now-  Nair for one ahead of him in T20 pecking order. 

A team for 5 day matches, potentially  ODI if fielding a second string. Rahul is considered back up opener for now.

4 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

Have you appreciated the same selectors for selecting Pandya, Chahal, Kuldeep,Bumrah??

Selectors selected kuldeep and Chahal in ODIs after a lifetime thrashing Ashwin and Jadeja received in CT. Why not selectors show some vision in advance. Most of the selections are aftermath of a great loss. What is the point of dhoni in the t20 team. Now most probably Raina would get back in ODIs too. From where the hell did Parthiv and karthik became second choice keepers. Where's the vision recycling old ttfs?

8 hours ago, philcric said:

I've no choice but to agree. The evidence of cricketing greatness was simply irrefutable.

2 fours in 2 balls !! And that comfort level.  :drool:

He had no more than six balls to play when he was send down in the pecking order. I am sure a century from him would be your comfort level.

6 minutes ago, Nikola said:

I haven't followed mayank in domestic cricket so can anyone tell me if he has game for overseas conditions?

Acc to me he doesnt

he plays to across and plays far away from the body, if u look at his dismissals in NZ-A tour....he wud have also gotten out against those balls on which vijay, rahul got out today

the diff between him, vijay n rahul currently is 

Mayank has confidence from pile of runs he made 

Vijay looks like he is done

Rahul is woefully out of form, short of confidence and struggling with mental aspect to now

So high chances mayank might do better now due to his mental space .... but he deserves a chance . Pass or fail baad ki baat hai .....even if he fails its always good as player understand his weekness and works to become better