Bharat Bandh

Stradlater

In the wake of Dalit organisations' call for a nationwide strike (Bharath bandh) in protest against the alleged dilution of SC\ST Atrocities Act, the government is likely to move a review petition in the Supreme Court today. Meanwhile, the situation remains tense in Punjab, where all business establishments and educational institutions will remain closed. The CBSE has postponed all Class 12 and 10 exams scheduled for Monday in Punjab. Exams will be held as scheduled in Chandigarh and in the rest of the country.

The Punjab government also suspended Internet services from 5 pm Sunday which will continue on Monday till 11 pm, and has requested Army to remain on “stand-by.” Public transport services have also been temporarily suspended in the State. Meanwhile, members of Punjab Congress, which has declared solidarity with the protesters will hand over a memorandum to the Governor against the Supreme Court ruling during the day.

---------------------------------------

Great another Bandh. This country is doomed.

Aah....while driving to office, I saw group of people marching on the road with placards and a big banner saying Bharat Bandh. Couldn't make out what was that all about.
Maybe it's related to this issue.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Scar said:

8-10 men have been killed in where I live. Never thanked so much to bajrang dal in my life to safeguard our properties. You would think we are doing away with reservations looking at the furore it's creating here. 

Don't spread  rumors.

I person dead in police firing in mp till now.

Edit. Now 4.same incidence.

Edited by beetle

4 hours ago, beetle said:

Don't spread rumors.

Authorities generally downplay casualties in riots. He may be wrong here but it isn't beyond scope of imagination, many riot related deaths are passed off as natural deaths/caught in crossfire yada yada to quell the situation. Direct Action Day, Noakhali, Nellie, Bhagalpur, 1984, 2002 all have unofficial casualty estimates anywhere between 4 to 20 times what the official figures say.

Edited by beetle

It's a draconian law which is an insult to our constitution. Not even one leader has come forward due to fear of losing their vote banks.I have seen incidents of fake cases filed by SC/STs to make money out of nowhere by falsely accusing innocents.Its a constitutional loophole which is being systematically exploited.I disapprove govt's move for review petition on SC/ST act. 

Its sad that so many people lost their lives. :frown:

Edited by Turning_track
Typo

1 hour ago, Turning_track said:

I support govt's move for review petition on SC/ST act

If  you support the sc 's decision to make some changes, then you can't support the govt move for review.

The govt has asked for a review of the decision by the SC that dilutes the draconiaon law.The govt has asked for review because it under pressure from other parties that are supporting the bandh against changes to the draconion law.

The govt is asking for review to protect it's dalit votebank. They are no better when it comes to appeasement . The SC has taken a brave stand and the fattu govt is scared to be seen as supporting the SC stand hence they have asked for a review of the decidion taken by the court

On Monday, April 02, 2018 at 1:43 PM, beetle said:

Don't spread  rumors.

You don't live here where I do, one boy has been burned alive. News haven't reported it yet. That raja Chauhan guy doing the rounds in news was actually enraged, after our locality cars were turned into paper sheets. It's better you don't speak something if you have no  idea what's going on. Just now, since yesterday we can use internet facility, it's curfew out here, so again shut up if you don't know zackshit. 

1 hour ago, Scar said:

You don't live here where I do, one boy has been burned alive. News haven't reported it yet. That raja Chauhan guy doing the rounds in news was actually enraged, after our locality cars were turned into paper sheets. It's better you don't speak something if you have no  idea what's going on. Just now, since yesterday we can use internet facility, it's curfew out here, so again shut up if you don't know zackshit. 

@beetle is a woman, one of the very few female posters on ICF. Please show some respect, you can disagree with her but please express your views politely.