BCCI to host Asia Cup in UAE, Crown Prince writes to BCCI

5 hours ago, Khota said:

It was a response to your post where an obscure hockey game in CW is being equated to a cricket match. This has been the position of Indian government for a while now that bilatterals are only to be played with friends. You cannot shoot and kill and pretend nothng has happened.

Read his post again ...all sports !!!!!

8 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Mini Battles of Asia cup

India vs Pak - Border rivalry

Afg vs Pak - Good Taliban Bad Taliban rivalry

SL vs BD - Cobra rivalry

Ind vs BD - Social media rivalry

Pak vs BD - Muktiyoddha rivalry

Ind vs SL - Tamil tiger rivalry

:lol: 

11 hours ago, Dangraj said:

You need atleast couple of half decent pacers as a back up for bhuvi and bumrah since wc19 has pretty lengthy group stage so chances of burnout are very high. And your 4-7 are horrendus in my opinion 4 and 5 are still not known dhoni has completely lost it. I still cant figure it out how come kl rahul hasnt been given a proper run in such fragile middle orders as yours.

Shami and Umesh are sufficient. ishant is good too. That is the best pace attack in the world.

15 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Mini Battles of Asia cup

India vs Pak - Border rivalry

Afg vs Pak - Good Taliban Bad Taliban rivalry

SL vs BD - Cobra rivalry

Ind vs BD - Social media rivalry

Pak vs BD - Muktiyoddha rivalry

Ind vs SL - Tamil tiger rivalry

Matches still tend to be snooze-fest.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:45 AM, Lala said:

finally pakistan nation is happy. Thanks BCCI :cantstop:

So if something goes bad for India you feel happy? Now ask yourself a question why should India play Pakistan?

Edited by Khota
10 hours ago, Khota said:

So if something goes bad for India you feel happy? Now ask yourself a question why should India play Pakistan?

We are happy because after so many years we got the hosting rights of Asia cup. Moreover UAE is our 2nd home. India should play Pakistan in order to keep up good relationship. That is the secret behind asia cup, that is collaboration among asian nations. :cantstop:

5 hours ago, Lala said:

We are happy because after so many years we got the hosting rights of Asia cup. Moreover UAE is our 2nd home. India should play Pakistan in order to keep up good relationship. That is the secret behind asia cup, that is collaboration among asian nations. :cantstop:

I think collabration among nations has a lot more to it than cricket. Collabration means granting land routes to Afghanistan for trade. Opening trade routes to other countries. Not voting against India everytime. Not calling india the enemy in cricket (Sethi Jeee) . As a minimum not killing us.

I am not a big fan of BCCI etc. but not playing cricket with Pakistan was the most courageous decison they took. There is no reason in playing you and India has moved on.

IMO we should limit ourselves to Asia Cup, WT20, CT and CWC as far as playing Pak is concerned but never bilaterals. However won't be surprised if U turn Modi makes us tour jihadland  the way he is going about his image makeover. If he can lay red carpet to anti Indian/Islamic fundos from LOLlywood what's to say he won't make us play cricket with them?

For fellow Indians who bat for bilaterals, what has changed in the ground situation post 26/11 that we should engage with them in any sporting or cultural sphere? Had they taken even 1 step forward in the correct direction I am sure we would have taken 5 steps forward but they refuse to mend their ways, we are losing lives every single day because of their exports and I don't see things improving anytime in the near future. It is an irrefutable fact that politics and sports are intertwined, else we wouldn't have had 1980, 1984 Olympic Games boycotts or Israel-Arab states sporting stalemates... for peaceniks and aman ki asha flagbearers the thought process may be different but unfortunately that is how things have always been, terror and sports don't go hand in hand.

Edited by Gollum

Asia Cup is sure to get bigger in the coming years when AFG and Nepal become competitive. Cricket is a dying game outside Asia, esp among the non desi population. Hope this can become cricket's equivalent of Copa America one day, my only wish is for it to be organized as an annual event, played alternatively in T20 and T50 format.