Indian T20 team based on IPL 2018 performance !!!

velu

dhawan
rahul
rana
rohit
samson/pant/kishan/DK
krunal
washington
ashwin (c)
bhuvi
makande
bumrah

Kohli should stop playing useless bilateral Intl T20 and ODI series to manage his workload.

Edited by bowl_out

5 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Even as a CSK fan it is unacceptable to have Dhoni in the lineup.

Previously Dhoni as finisher would win 60 percent of games and lose 40 percent with his approach. Now it's reached to 90/10 ratio. Can't have him in team for that one in ten games.

if we give him more proactive role in the batting lineup , he will make it 10/90 :p:

International teams shudnt be picked entirely on IPL , specially one season

By that logic Kohli might find hard to get in the team and he is the best t20 batsman

Why it should not be the case? IPL is the criteria for T20 cricket.  Kohli is one of the highest run getters in IPL overall with close to 4000 runs. Still, I dont consider Kohli the best T20 batsman.  He does not hit enough sixes.  He had a great year two years back but has been up and down since then.  Kohli is the best T20 batsman of a very average T20 team that India is.

Why it should not be the case? IPL is the criteria for T20 cricket. 

how many international player do we play in IPL 

The conditons we play are just in India 

In franchise ull get a position that might suit ur game, aint happening in national side.

Eg sanju samson - highly doubt he ll get a chance to bat in top 4 ,

rahul- their is no place in top 3 specially now dhawan has also come good 

Raydu- have been gr8 in IPL, but when he ll have to play t20 on bouncy pitches will struggle. If he goes abroad he wnt even get so many spinners to feed on

Rohit has been the most consistent batsman in IPL ,he never had a bad season .......yet their was no consistency from him in Last 3 WCs

Rahane has done decent for his franchise over the year opening and in international - terrible 

Look at the amount of trundlers that have done well in each season - sidharth trivedi, dhawal, munaf , unadkat, rajat bhatia

Look at ipl to find quality players who can do well in that format, just dont look at numbers .

Kohli is one of the highest run getters in IPL overall with close to 4000 runs. Still, I dont consider Kohli the best T20 batsman.  He does not hit enough sixes.  He had a great year two years back but has been up and down since then.  Kohli is the best T20 batsman of a very average T20 team that India is.

He has been the best batsman in last 3 wcs , look at his consistency ...the avg is bradman like for t20s 

Not enough sixes, how does that matter he scores runs .......

U are not going to get everything in one player- some will find consistency, some firepower .......at the end wat matters is who wins max number of games. Kohli wins his team max number of games in all condition.

He won u in Aus, then in Bang (asia cup), then single handedly took the team to semi in world cup 

If he is not the best t20 batsman i dnt who is 

Virat is the 7th highest run scorer ovrrall and 3rd highest run scorer if we consider only Indian batsmen.

M talking about this IPL which hasnt been that gr8 for virat and virat has had few off seasons in IPL, coz the tittle says from 2018 IPL.

Samson, raydu have done better this IPL but i wnt pick them over kohli

M talking about this IPL which hasnt been that gr8 for virat and virat has had few off seasons in IPL, coz the tittle says from 2018 IPL.

I am also talking about this IPL.

Virat is 7th best run scorer including foreigners and 3rd if we consider only Indian batsmen.

how many international player do we play in IPL 

The conditons we play are just in India 

In franchise ull get a position that might suit ur game, aint happening in national side.

Eg sanju samson - highly doubt he ll get a chance to bat in top 4 ,

rahul- their is no place in top 3 specially now dhawan has also come good 

Raydu- have been gr8 in IPL, but when he ll have to play t20 on bouncy pitches will struggle. If he goes abroad he wnt even get so many spinners to feed on

Rohit has been the most consistent batsman in IPL ,he never had a bad season .......yet their was no consistency from him in Last 3 WCs

Rahane has done decent for his franchise over the year opening and in international - terrible 

Look at the amount of trundlers that have done well in each season - sidharth trivedi, dhawal, munaf , unadkat, rajat bhatia

Look at ipl to find quality players who can do well in that format, just dont look at numbers .

He has been the best batsman in last 3 wcs , look at his consistency ...the avg is bradman like for t20s 

Not enough sixes, how does that matter he scores runs .......

U are not going to get everything in one player- some will find consistency, some firepower .......at the end wat matters is who wins max number of games. Kohli wins his team max number of games in all condition.

He won u in Aus, then in Bang (asia cup), then single handedly took the team to semi in world cup 

If he is not the best t20 batsman i dnt who is 

So what should be the criteria for T20? Ranji trophy? Everywhere in the world teams pick their T20 team based on their T20 tournaments. Most of those tournys dont have even as many foreigners as in the IPL. it does not matter whether IPL is India or overseas. Ranjio trophy is played in India too and we pick players for our National and A team based on Ranji trophy. There will always be variables. 

Rahane never had a great IPL. He has been mediocre in IPL and same has panned out in T20Is for him.  Just scoring runs along is not enough, SR matters too.  he scores runs for India too but at low SR. 

Regarding failures of batsmen like Rohit in T20 WC, we barely played T20Is before.  So our team has no strategy or planning how to go about things.  You suddenly go to play WC in a format you barely play as a team, has a disaster written all over it.  Rohit does not have a great success in IPL as an opener. He does well in middle order for MI, not opening.    

. Still, I dont consider Kohli the best T20 batsman.  He does not hit enough sixes.  He had a great year two years back but has been up and down since then.  Kohli is the best T20 batsman of a very average T20 team that India is.

Kohli may not be the best T20 batsman ... but he does average 50.85  with a SR of 137  in T20Is after 57 matches.  That is an incredible batting average and SR combo for T20s. 

I always get the feeling that Kohli plays international matches with much more intensity and just has a good time in the IPL.  I feel that is the right approach too. His priorities are in the right place.

he is also talking about this IPL too. Overall, Kohli is the second high run getter in IPL after Raina.  At current form, i will pick Rayudu and Samson over Kohli. Kohli in T20 is overrated.  He had one mind blowing season in 2016.

if this ipl is the criteria for next t20 selections

i shud pick raydu  ahead of kohli

Suryakumar yadav ahead of rohit sharma 

Yes and you wont be wrong.  This is their current form.  Its T20 cricket. Here, you can pick any of the top run getters and can still be in good stead.