Why do some South Indians can speak Hindi fluently while many can't?

Franco Vazquez

To answer the question- its most likely because South Indian languages are an entirely different language family, so pronouncation structure is completely different.

Its the same reason why a German person's English is way better than an Arab guy's. NE people also have an accent to their Hindi & Bengali, likely because of the same reason.

To answer the question- its most likely because South Indian languages are an entirely different language family, so pronouncation structure is completely different.

Its the same reason why a German person's English is way better than an Arab guy's. NE people also have an accent to their Hindi & Bengali, likely because of the same reason.

Plus exposure to south indian movies/ tv drama  and songs is less in the north.

If that was for love....he would not have sent his pregnant wife away because some people talk .

I feel it  was more about the man's ego( the great war ).....specially a future kings ego.

That is my view on that because any one who went to such lengths to get her back should have stood by her when she was most vulnerable and weak.

Haha. It is appalling to see what is our understanding of the subject. She was swayam a Shakti of Vishnu. 

If she was what you describe her to be then she would have come back with Hanumana on the first occassion itself.

Anyways, let's leave it.

no .. 25/30 % of the words are shared between both language families and both language wont sound much different .. 

no .. 25/30 % of the words are shared between both language families and both language wont sound much different .. 

the  shared words are due to Sanskrit loanwords. However, i've noticed that S.Indian languages do have a very different pronounciation structure. 

Never had a chance to learn Hindi. Never needed Hindi to survive.  Unless you genuinely need it, people don't really have the motivation to learn other language. Some do. But not all. Those who were forced to learn Hindi eventually learnt it. We still watch Hindi movies, listen to Hindi songs (these days with subtitles though).  As long as you are in TN you can get away with Tamil. I was in Delhi for a month or two. I managed to survive with English. Bit of borken hindi helped me. Other than that period i never really needed Hindi.