How to make Rasam anti-Hindu

coffee_rules

33 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

OTOH, it is ROPers from Pak who make fun of baniyas , there are a lot of crass comments on them. I have never seen any kind of discrimination that baniyas face from other castes. For commies, it is favorite to talk about #Brahmanvaad, #Manuvaad #Savarnavaad as there is no backlash because of the common guilt experienced by these insulted people (narrative set by British, Commies, Congresssis and AAPtards now) and they can sell their seed to the downtrodden.

True that, I think as per most Pakistanis all Hindus are baniyas, they don't know much about Brahmins or Dalits.

Edited by Gollum

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Its pretty common for brahmins to object to marriage with baniyas on the basis of them being lower caste. 

That is different. No other upper caste like to marry outside their caste. It's true for both Baniyas and Rajputs as well. This has nothing to do with Brahmins racially discriminating Baniyas. 

Baniyas themselves don't like to marry outside their caste fold.

1 minute ago, Stradlater said:

That is different. No other upper caste like to marry outside their caste. It's true for both Baniyas and Rajputs as well. This has nothing to do with Brahmins racially discriminating Baniyas. 

Baniyas themselves don't like to marry outside their caste fold.

there is no racial discrimination with caste. baniyas are more than happy to marry outside their caste if its a brahmin or a kshatriya.

I have seen way too many times people stressed out about telling their family they are gonna marry a baniya because their brahmin family will flip out. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

there is no racial discrimination with caste. baniyas are more than happy to marry outside their caste if its a brahmin or a kshatriya.

I have seen way too many times people stressed out about telling their family they are gonna marry a baniya because their brahmin family will flip out. 

No they are not. With the educated generation it has changed in the cities but that's true for all 3 upper castes.

In rural areas though the marriage code is still strictly observed and no Baniya would like their children to marry outside their caste be the other is Brahmin or Kshatriya. I know that because I hail from a village myself.

50 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

No they are not. With the educated generation it has changed in the cities but that's true for all 3 upper castes.

In rural areas though the marriage code is still strictly observed and no Baniya would like their children to marry outside their caste be the other is Brahmin or Kshatriya. I know that because I hail from a village myself.

well where i come from, most brahmins are snooty about marrying below caste and most vaishyas are quite happy to marry a brahmin.

52 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

well where i come from, most brahmins are snooty about marrying below caste and most vaishyas are quite happy to marry a brahmin.

Not the same case here. All the three upper castes consider themselves superior and thus only prefer to marry amongst themselves. But that's strictly for rural areas btw 

5 hours ago, Stradlater said:

No they don't. I live here and I have never seen Brahmins ever looking down upon Baniyas. @Gollum @coffee_rules @velu @beetle @Mariyam @Garuda Have you witnessed anything of that sort ever?

I haven't stayed in villages that much. Apart from occasional trips to Chennai, Ahmedabad and Lucknow, I've spent most of my life in urban India. I wouldn't know how caste dynamics would work in the rural areas.

In Urban areas, I don't think it is much of a consideration. I have never  witnessed Brahmins looking down upon Baniyas. Or maybe I do not catch the finer nuances.There are many cross caste/linguistic community marriages too. So much so, that they may even be a substantial minority in terms of % of marriages.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

True that, I think as per most Pakistanis all Hindus are baniyas, they don't know much about Brahmins or Dalits.

I see that you've capitalized Pakistanis, Hindus, Brahmins and Dalits, but not baniyas.

:sherlock:

Sub-conscious caste bias? :p:

Damn, I'm good at picking up these non existing 'offenses', I should be writing on thewire.com. Sending em my CV asap. 

Edited by Mariyam

33 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I see that you've capitalized Pakistanis, Hindus, Brahmins and Dalits, but not baniyas.

I, you've and not I, You've??

I sense elitist arrogance from Your end. I know I am a middle class person while You are a globe trotting business hotshot but that doesn't mean You can mock me :Cry:.

Besides I never thought of baniya as a caste, I thought Vaishya was the correct word.

I have so many dalit, obc, christian, muslim friends. No body is looking down upon anyone here. 

I am born in this so-called caste as well. I have seen, many dalits, muslim hating me because I am bramhin than the otherway. I just ignore and move on. You will see it everywhere. But it cannot be generalized. 

And what is this that bramhins dont allow marriages in lower caste. You have $reaking no idea about bramhins. Some smart a$$es dont even let their kids marry the other bramhins let alone other caste. Yaar, its their prerogative and who are we to question that. Apane bachhe paida karo and marry them to a goat or camel. who $reaking cares. Let them take care of their own. As others said this is commies, cong and Pakistani propoganda. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

I haven't stayed in villages that much. Apart from occasional trips to Chennai, Ahmedabad and Lucknow, I've spent most of my life in urban India. I wouldn't know how caste dynamics would work in the rural areas.

In Urban areas, I don't think it is much of a consideration. I have never  witnessed Brahmins looking down upon Baniyas. Or maybe I do not catch the finer nuances.There are many cross caste/linguistic community marriages too. So much so, that they may even be a substantial minority in terms of % of marriages.

:phehe: Take it easy on the Chennai folk at least today, after their humiliation in Eden.

42 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

You don't strike me as someone who shares my political views, so hearing you say something like this - in addition to your earlier comment about rana ayyub - really pleases me.

My views on eclectic topics like politics, BJP vs Congress, religion etc should be taken with a pinch of salt. The rather important and nationally significant issues like Bollywood, contemporary music/dance and IPL are where I opine more frequently and without levity. Having said that, I think, political viewpoints aside, bad journalism is bad journalism. And wrt Ms Ayyub, she can hardly be termed as a journalist. I don't think anyone takes her opinions seriously. 

Edited by Mariyam