Question for Meat Eaters: Do you find difference in taste of Halal and Jhatka meat?

Alam_dar

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Meat is not the one that gives you taste. It is the masala powder that adds the taste. So it doesn't matter. I have tried both.

No it's the cooking skills which matter otherwise every Ramesh Suresh would know how to prepare a delicious mutton.

Besides the same logic could be applied in the case of raw vegetables. Try eating kachha bengan someday.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Meat is not the one that gives you taste. It is the masala powder that adds the taste. So it doesn't matter. I have tried both.

I have different experience in the west. But it is possible that you are correct while:

(1) In India the quality of Halal or Jhatka meat seems to be same, while in the West only the lowest quality meat is slaughtered in Halal way so that it could be cheap. 

There are tons of variety of chicken in the West. Best being the Organic free range chickens, and they are 4 times more costly than any Halal chicken. 

(2) And I find that indeed meat has it's own taste. It may be not due to Halal or Jhatka, but it is due to the "quality" of the meat. 

Good quality meat is tender and smells amazing, even if we only making soup out of it using only salt (i.e. without any spices). 

8 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I saw similar thai dish too, using the frozen blood cubes. 

Nevertheless, in Pakistan I have never seen anyone using blood. 

But on the other hand, there is a lot of blood in liver/heart and even after washing it many times some blood still remains there and keep on coming out from inside the organs. 

Organs:

No doubt, they are the power house. Normal meat is no where near to them when it comes to the nutrition. 

All predators go for the organs first after the kill instinctively. Wolves are eating the lining of the stomach too (but I have no idea about it as I never ate them). 

The bolded part is categorically false. 
1. organs are *not* more nutritious than straight meat. They have lower protein content

2. Organs (except the heart) contains a lot more toxins in them than muscle.

3. Predators go for the soft, fatty meat around the belly first, then they eat other flesh and finally the organs.

7 hours ago, velu said:

damn .. i take only liver and dont touch other organs   

bone marrow tastes good as well ..

Have you tried the heart?

Have you tried the Brain?

Have you tried the testicles?

Have you tried the udder?

Have you tried the tongue?

Have you tried the kidney?

Have you tried the thalamus gland?

All these come under "Organs" and all are superior foods (including the bone mark, which you already eat). 

For me heart, brain, testicles, udder, tongue all taste better than liver. 

17 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

All these come under "Organs" and all are superior foods (including the bone mark, which you already eat). 

Yet again, categorically false. 
They are most definitely inferior foods - due to lower nutritional value and much, much higher toxin/mocrobial load. heart and tongue are the only exception, because they are a muscle technically, themselves 

32 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

What?

I never knew non vegetarians ate all these organs but testicles is too much bro. 

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

most non-vegetarians don't eat organ meat except the occasional consumption of liver and/or tongue. 

I have heard about liver, tongue, brain, kidney but udder, testicles, heart seemed far fetched. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

I have heard about liver, tongue, brain, kidney but udder, testicles, heart seemed far fetched. 

There is a dish in Pakistan called katakat which is made of goat's testicles. I've heard a lot of exotic stuff eaten in rural Kerala too.

7 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

i have some OCD problem :sick:

i dont take things like praws or lobster ( just tasted a bit ) .. i dont like to eat  animals which are ugly and many of these look like insects 

13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

The bolded part is categorically false. 
1. organs are *not* more nutritious than straight meat. They have lower protein content

2. Organs (except the heart) contains a lot more toxins in them than muscle.

As far as I know, muscle meet is far inferior when compared to the organs. 

For example, the amino acid score of Beef muscle meet is only 92, where as of liver is 152. This is a huge difference. 

Similarly, when it comes to "complete source", then the score of Beef meet is only 38, while liver scores almost double with 64. 

There is only slight difference in proteins (Beef having 32.9 grams, while liver having 29.1 grams, while heart has 28.5 grams). 

Rest "all" the vitamins and minerals and trace elements are found much much more in the liver as compared to meet. There are some vitamins which are only present in the liver, while meat is empty of them. 

Please have a look here:

Beef: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3504/2

Liver: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3469/2

Toxins: 

As far as I know, liver and organs neutralize the toxins, and not store them. 

Toxins are stored in fats of animals. 

As Weston A. Price Explains:

One of the roles of the liver is to neutralize toxins (such as drugs, chemical agents and poisons); but the liver does not store toxins. Poisonous compounds that the body cannot neutralize and eliminate are likely to lodge in the fatty tissues and the nervous system. The liver is not a storage organ for toxins but it is a storage organ for many important nutrients (vitamins A, D, E, K, B12 and folic acid, and minerals such as copper and iron). These nutrients provide the body with some of the tools it needs to get rid of toxins.

Sourcing Matters

Of course, we should consume liver from healthy animals–cattle, lamb, buffalo, hogs, chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese. The best choice is liver from animals that spend their lives outdoors and on pasture. If such a premier food is not available, the next choice is organic chicken, beef and calves liver. If supermarket liver is your only option, the best choice is calves liver, as in the U.S. beef cattle do spend their first months on pasture. Beef liver is more problematical as beef cattle are finished in feed lots. Livers from conventionally raised chicken and hogs are not recommended.

So, in other words:

To call the liver a simple filter is incorrect. If we want to maintain the metaphor, it’s more like a chemical processing plant. The liver receives shipments, determines what they contain, and reacts accordingly. It converts protein to glucose, converts glucose to glycogen, manufactures triglycerides, among many other tasks, but its best-known responsibility is to render toxins inert and shuttle them out to be expelled – usually in the urine via the kidney. It doesn’t just hang on to toxins, as if the liver is somehow separate from the body and immune to contamination. The liver is part of the body! If your liver contains large amounts of toxins, so do you!

I am a huge fan of superior quality food.

The best meet/organs are from 100% grass fed animals. Not only they are healthy, but they are also taste great. 

Which parts Loin eats first:

3. Predators go for the soft, fatty meat around the belly first, then they eat other flesh and finally the organs.

As far as I know, they go for the Belly first , and then the organs, leaving the muscles meat. 

http://santacruzpumas.org/2014/03/22/lion-kills-vs-coyote-kills/

…eaten starting at the ribs.  Lions tend to eat the chest-area organs first (lungs, heart, liver).  They chew a hole in the ribs to get to these tasty and most-nutritious morsels.

…missing the stomach.  Lions remove the stomach (called the rumen) when they first open the check cavity and bury is a few feet away from the body.  This prevents stomach acids from spoiling the meat over the 3-5 days it will take the lion to finish eating the entire deer.

Here one video of lioness eating the heart, although the muscles meat was also present, but she went for the heart.

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

What?

I never knew non vegetarians ate all these organs but testicles is too much bro. 

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

I never ate testicles whole of my life, but recently I tasted them and to my surprise they were really soft and tasty. And then I understood why people are so fond of eating them. 

Very famous dish of Pakistani Punjab is Katakat (as has been mentioned by @MechEng above). 

Hakeems (i.e. Pakistani Vaids) make a lot of medicines from the testicles, which are supposed to give strength to male sexual life. 

Hamdard (which is also present in India) is also make a lot of medicines from the testicles. 

Eating testicles directly is also supposed to help you with the sex life. 

Heart:
Among all organs, heart and tongue are perhaps the best tasting ones. 

Brain and udder also have unique taste and sometimes people simply love them. 

The least tasting ones are the liver and the kidney.

Bone marrow is also really tasty. Especially if you buy 100% grass fed beef, then the colour of the bone marrow is not white, but yellow, and it is creamy like butter. Delicious. 

There are tons of videos where the predators eat the Testicles First (link). 

Edited by Alam_dar

4 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

@Alam_dar How about bugs ? heard they are more nutritious than meat and more environment friendly, though haven't read up on it .What are your views?Have you researched it or tried some yourself.

insects1-300x300.jpg

Yummy plus high protein plus diseases. Overall a surprising package.:yay:

6 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

@Alam_dar How about bugs ? heard they are more nutritious than meat and more environment friendly, though haven't read up on it .What are your views?Have you researched it or tried some yourself.

I have also not read about bugs in details, and have never ate them personally. But indeed there are people who have tried the worms. 

I only know that Chimps are compelled to eat the ants in order to come up with their protein deficiency. But sometimes ants are not enough and they have to make a kill a whole animal like monkeys in order to overcome this protein deficiency. 

Scientific Records are telling that human beings (Home Sapiens) evolved from Homo Erectus who were using big amount of meat. In fact Homo Erectus seems to be the biggest hunters on the earth. 

I don't know if Homo Erectus were eating the worms or not, but I am sure there demand for meat was huge and they killed the whole animals. 

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

I am a vegetarian by choice. But I have no issues eating non veg occasionally by choice. :phehe:

However this thread is giving me scares to never ever touch or eat non veg food. :fear1:

It seems that the role of vegetables and lentils is negligible in the EVOLUTION of homo sapiens, as their cultivation started only about 10 thousand years ago. 

19 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I never ate testicles whole of my life, but recently I tasted them and to my surprise they were really soft and tasty. And then I understood why people are so fond of eating them. 

Very famous dish of Pakistani Punjab is Katakat (as has been mentioned by @MechEng above). 

Hakeems (i.e. Pakistani Vaids) make a lot of medicines from the testicles, which are supposed to give strength to male sexual life. 

Hamdard (which is also present in India) is also make a lot of medicines from the testicles. 

Eating testicles directly is also supposed to help you with the sex life. 

Heart:
Among all organs, heart and tongue are perhaps the best tasting ones. 

Brain and udder also have unique taste and sometimes people simply love them. 

The least tasting ones are the liver and the kidney.

Bone marrow is also really tasty. Especially if you buy 100% grass fed beef, then the colour of the bone marrow is not white, but yellow, and it is creamy like butter. Delicious. 

There are tons of videos where the predators eat the Testicles First (link). 

In India heart tongue of goat is hardly available but liver , kidney brain and testicles are sold.Brain curry if cooked properly is very tasty .Gurde kapoore is also famous and keema kaleji is also very good