ICC Future Tour Programme 2018-2023 released

On 6/21/2018 at 12:47 AM, Jimmy Cliff said:

Can't disagree with anything here although I'd say that BCCI has sort of devalued the SA contests by making it a 3 Test series. The series with RSA have been crying out for 4 Tests ever since the epic 2010-11 tour. We ruined the 2013 tour by restricting it to 2 Tests and even the latest tour could have easily had 4 Tests including the Boxing Day Test but the BCCI shat on it again. With Australia regressing this was the ideal time to give a certain "push" to the India-SA rivalry but I think we have missed the bus. 

as I said CSA earn more money through LOIs. Tests were not their priority.  BCCI earn nothing when touring other countries. 

21 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Away test dont get BCCI any money. So, please it is not a case of being money minded.  BCCI only earns money through home series and ICC tourneys.  

But broadcasters have a say and BCCI earns money through them right?

On 6/20/2018 at 11:39 PM, Gollum said:

Indian tours to NZ:

2002: 2 tests

2009: 3 tests

2014: 2 tests

2020: 2 tests

Kya chal raha hai yahaan? 9 tests in 2 full decades...unpardonable !!!!

Wish we had scheduled more tests against a steadily improving WI, at least in their territory to make the contest more even. Also the historical H2H needs some correction, even now too lopsided in their favor. 

I beleive that has to do with Indian timings and I remember this was discussed previously on ICF as well 

7 minutes ago, Stuge said:

hate 2 tests with Windies ..

You want more or none?

5 minutes ago, Stuge said:

I beleive that has to do with Indian timings and I remember this was discussed previously on ICF as well 

Then how come we had 3 and 4 test series against a much weaker WI all these years? When a handful of teams play this sport we can't afford to be so choosy. 

Edited by Gollum

Both the away series in WI and NZ should be min 3 tests. WI is now a serious (and exciting with change in nature of pitches !!!!) team at home and NZ has always been a difficult opponent for us. 2 test series is a cruel joke, 2 days rain and it will become a solitary test :facepalm:

Edited by Gollum

Updated OP.

No Zim series in the near future, nothing confirmed yet, latest updates say 'postponed'.

SL 3 match T20 home series in Jan 2020.

Nature of 2021 ICC event in India unclear but will be T20 format. 

From now on, 30+ T20s (incl next year's Asia Cup) before 2020 WT20. 

Edited by Gollum
18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Updated OP.

No Zim series in the near future, nothing confirmed yet, latest updates say 'postponed'.

SL 3 match T20 home series in Jan 2020.

Nature of 2021 ICC event in India unclear but will be T20 format. 

From now on, 30+ T20s (incl next year's Asia Cup) before 2020 WT20. 

People would be bored to death and T20WC will lose all relevance.

Absolutely hate the idea of 5 T20's in a bilateral. I mean what the hell? We need to play practice matches against the best team in Plunkett Shield . We need points for the WTC. Also why are we playing ODIs against WI at home and away against NZ when we did that last season. Atrocious scheduling. Expect more injuries, fatigue etc. After all nobody is going to skip IPL either. 

Lol. Just noticed that we are touring England for 5 tests in 2021. Why are we touring England so often? We just toured there last year.  

Edited by Nikhil_cric
13 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Absolutely hate the idea of 5 T20's in a bilateral. I mean what the hell? We need to play practice matches against the best team in Plunkett Shield . We need points for the WTC. Also why are we playing ODIs against WI at home and away against NZ when we did that last season. Atrocious scheduling. Expect more injuries, fatigue etc. After all nobody is going to skip IPL either. 

Lol. Just noticed that we are touring England for 5 tests in 2021. Why are we touring England so often? We just toured there last year.  

Dude, it is needed. We have world t20 in a year from now.