Say sorry to Saha

Gollum

17 hours ago, Gollum said:

Last thing this thread needs is Dhoni fans jumping in. That fat *er was the reason an entire generation of Indian quicks was forced to mellow down...why? Because poor old pussy couldn't take the pounding on his precious fingers. Have also seen enough of that sloth bear against the quicks and his refusal to attempt any catch beyond the range his deep rooted static feet allowed him.

Anybody with a functioning brain will appreciate Saha's footwork behind the stumps, for a true connoisseur of cricket there is as much beauty in it as a Kohli cover drive or Ashwin jaffa. Pity this generation of fans has relegated the subtle art of wicketkeeping to the sidelines in the quest of cheap thrills. Watching Dinesh Karthik concede some of the byes was just :facepalm:. Now Dinesh is more agile than Pappu/Dhoni but his refusal to follow the angle of the ball and wait till the last minute before diving in vain with both feet cemented to the ground makes me miss the genius of Saha. Watch the Australia series where he plucks out catches off Umesh's pacy deliveries flying to conventional 1st slip position, you don't even need a 1st slip with Saha as keeper truth be told. Also some of the catches he took flying towards SP and FSL off Ash/Jaddu....ordinary keepers don't even anticipate those chances. 

Some trolls here want to bring up his mistakes as if great batsmen and bowlers never make mistakes. But there is a difference between 1 mistake in 4 tests and 4 mistake in 1 test. Keep hating our true gems lads...bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad. 

Great collection! So we see Saha making up for an absent first slip, leg slip and forward short leg. Easily worth two fielders.

ATM any keeper will do in the remaining matches. Don't want that fidgety idiot KKD in the team. Can’t get hold of the ball and keeps jumping infrom of other players spilling the catches.

Hope he wears that joke of Baseball Helmet for the last time in his test career, in this match and then kick him out.

They: We lost in Cape Town only and only because of Saha :hitler:, he is useless. 

Me: But he took 10 catches (Indian all time record) and failed on a pitch where most batsmen failed :dontknow:.

They: Agar Mr 360 Indian ABDV hota toh hum jeet jaate, because he is Indian ABDV and Saha is crap :giphy:.

Home of Cricket 2018:

ducks.jpg.53af9c6c3ae4c2b38a28e6d9ac144298.jpg

baby.jpg.7a5799562fddfdd9252c5083e91afea6.jpg

Edited by Gollum

BUMP. Don't mean to mock Pant here because I like him and truly believe that he has it in him to develop into a world class WK bat. Hope he redeems himself in the rest of the series. 

Just pointing out that had Saha batted like the keepers on this tour he would have been held responsible for all ills in Indian cricket, just like how he was scapegoated after some of the losses we suffered when he was playing. Image matters, just because Saha appears meek and unassuming he is an easy target. Saha is a decent batsman, tough and gritty who may not look aesthetic but somehow manages a way...his test record is testament to that.  

I am more or less sure he played his final test for India last year. Gets too much hate here, his unassuming nature certainly can't help. 

He may not be a good batsman but plenty of gritty knocks incl twin 50s on Eden greentop against NZ. Not some #11 as some ICFers want to believe. Neo-Gilchrist scored 60 runs in 4 innings with a couple of lives I think. CB commentary indicates he missed a catch earlier today, who knows had he held on to that our bowlers could have got a leg-up. 

Good luck to Pant, hope his fanboys desist from taking potshots at Saha from now on :thumb:

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am more or less sure he played his final test for India last year. Gets too much hate here, his unassuming nature certainly can't help. 

He may not be a good batsman but plenty of gritty knocks incl twin 50s on Eden greentop against NZ. Not some #11 as some ICFers want to believe. Neo-Gilchrist scored 60 runs in 4 innings with a couple of lives I think. CB commentary indicates he missed a catch earlier today, who knows had he held on to that our bowlers could have got a leg-up. 

Good luck to Pant, hope his fanboys desist from taking potshots at Saha from now on :thumb:

He is a blue collar player who gets no appreciation and plenty of hate for the slightest reason or no reason at all. People may like him or not, but can't deny the fact he is a hard-worker and an excellent keeper who does his best without complaints despite being treated shabbily. He is probably the last pure keeper we will ever see in Indian cricket.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Dropped Blundell when the score was 26.

Got to play in the home series vs easier opposition, and then when we got tougher conditions, the TM did not find him good enough to be in the 11, that too after publicly humiliating Pant for his keeping standards and keeping him on the bench in dead LOI rubbers.

Whether it is Pant pr someone else, I do hope Saha has played his last game for India. Better to groom a younger keeper in home conditions if Saha is not good enough to be picked away from home.