England vs India, 3rd Test Trent Bridge - 18-22 Aug - Match Thread

Trent Bridge match winner  

55 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd Test : Who will take the final wicket?

• Bumrah
    • Shami
    • Ashwin
    • Ishant
    • Pandya

This poll is closed to new votes

By the way why did root decide to bowl first on this wkt? India are pathetic chasers and hardly ever won a match batting last under kohli away from home.this looks a perfect bat first pitch and I think root has given India the initiative to take this match to England. 

The score is pretty decent after lunch ,if India scores above 230 ,it's India's game !

Just now, Adi BB said:

By the way why did root decide to bowl first on this wkt? India are pathetic chasers and hardly ever won a match batting last under kohli away from home.this looks a perfect bat first pitch and I think root has given India the initiative to take this match to England. 

The score is pretty decent after lunch ,if India scores above 230 ,it's India's game !

It's possible that the pitch will get better to bat on day 2, in England there's usually moisture on day 1 and when it dries out the batting is much easier and fluent.

5 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

We need the weasel rahane to come out good. I'll take a 30-40 from him him. 

5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

:confused:

He was batting really well before that brainfade. Only looked to have one bad shot against broad but that ball was unplayable. He showed intent and didn't look that troubled. Really bad shot to get out.

he should have just played like old unintentional pujara :p:

Just now, Brainfade said:

Truly jealous of the talent options that the Poms have. They pick up Sam Curran, he rattles us in Match 1. Stokes sits, Woakes plays, kills us in Test 2. Now they have the luxury of sitting Match 1 hero Curran. Quite a happy headache for Root.

Come to India :p:

Seriously though, the results could've been totally different had we won the first game and won the toss at Lords. The importance of toss cannot be overstated in England.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I have zero confidence in the current team in current form. I am not watching. But i bet each ball against our Indians (bar Kohli) comes with "Easy wicket" written on it. It is only a matter of time before they fold for another paltry total. That will be 5th in a row.

r u an indian?

How are you so pessimistic about Indian team?

Just now, R!TTER said:

Seriously though, the results could've been totally different had we won the first game and won the toss at Lords. The importance of toss cannot be overstated in England.

And don't forget the rain at Lord's and we had to keep going on and off and on and off. 

Just now, R!TTER said:

If pigs would fly “seriously”

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Totally agree. But with a bit more grit in the 2nd innings they could have flipped the script. Oh well ... Maybe the new guys will help bolster the m.