Asia Cup: Playing 11 vs Pak

zen

11 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

No need of Pandey who has acquired hazardous trait of dragging match till last from old man Dhoni..We have one man enough to do that chewtiyapa.

Apparently Pandey is in red hot form. I read this on Cricinfo:

Pandey has forced his way back into the ODI squad with his blistering form in the A team quadrangular series, in which he made 306 runs in four innings without being dismissed.

Why pick two spinners against Pak. Chahal is a mental midget I'd pick Kuldip ahead of him

My 11

Dhawan

Rahul

Rayudu (ask him to get on with the game like he did in IPL)

Rohit (anchor the middle order and hit the spinners when field is up)

Manish (ask him to maintain a healthy SR)

Kartick

Pandya

Bhuvi

Kuldip

Khaleel

Bumrah.

Edited by Sgattick10

No one knows what exactly would be the playing 11 against Pakistan.

Having said that, the Team Management is unlikely to play both Kuldeep and Chahal in one game, as none of them is an all rounder and therefore, the tail would be very long. Plus Pakistan play spinners well. especially Chahal might get exposed in both bowling and fielding (he is probably the worst fielder in our squad, at par with Jadhav)

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

Why pick two spinners against Pak. Chahal is a mental midget I'd pick Kuldip ahead of him

My 11

Dhawan

Rahul

Rayudu (ask him to get on with the game like he did in IPL)

Rohit (anchor the middle order and hit the spinners when field is up)

Manish (ask him to maintain a healthy SR)

Kartick

Pandya

Bhuvi

Kuldip

Khaleel

Bumrah.

Good, but dhoni will not be benched.

38 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

No one knows what exactly would be the playing 11 against Pakistan.

Having said that, the Team Management is unlikely to play both Kuldeep and Chahal in one game, as none of them is an all rounder and therefore, the tail would be very long. Plus Pakistan play spinners well. especially Chahal might get exposed in both bowling and fielding (he is probably the worst fielder in our squad, at par with Jadhav)

Chahal should not be played ahead of Axar at any cost, especially against Pakistan because Axar can hold a bat (unlike Chahal) and is a way better fielder than Chahal, plus Axar is a left arm spinner whom Pakistani batsmen have been traditionally weak against.

It's really sad that we are stucked with trundlers like bhuvi and pandya. These guys average 40 with ball and against quality opposition they will go hiding. With Just few months to go for worldcup i can easily bet this trundler bhuvi & pandya will loose us key match with their pathetic bowling. Any good batsman can hit these two and all workload will be on bumrah and in that pressure he might bowl another no ball.

6 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

The more I look at this team, the more I feel like Hasan Ali and Amir will knock them stumps out. 

Amir is lethal only in the first 3 to 4 overs. He can be handled well if we see off these overs ,by scoring ones and twos initially and the odd boundary.                      Hasan is better in the death overs. He seems to be the real threat. 

31 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Amir is lethal only in the first 3 to 4 overs. He can be handled well if we see off these overs ,by scoring ones and twos initially and the odd boundary.                      Hasan is better in the death overs. He seems to be the real threat. 

Those 3-4 overs are enough to get out of form dahwan and couple of middle order batsmen out me thinks. Death over is a no worry for them cause our lower order sucks lol

15 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

How fast is this Khaleel fellow ?

Khaleel bowls 135 k to 148 k range in T20s.  

But don't know whether he can bowl at this pace in ODIs ... as he very young and still learning to bowl longer spells.

But he is a very bouncy bowler with a hostile bouncer... and keeps hitting the splice of the bat with good length balls.

He has been a genuine wicket taker and a good death bowler in A-team and domestic 50 over games.

Don't think you guys should be playing Pandya in the desert ... his bowling gonna get smashed ... BK too if there ain't no swing.

Pandya is the only lower-middle order big hitter we have got.

Edited by express bowling
8 hours ago, motomaverick said:

Chahal is a physical midget as well :cantstop:

Chahal has no place in odi this idiot should be restricted till t20. You don't like to have 2 bowlers who are prone to ball no balls at crucial juncture and we already have bumrah for that. Besides bumrah is taller faster and stronger than this scrony chusela thakela tharki batla.

Edited by raki05
4 hours ago, Adam_Johansen said:

Watching Aisa Cup 2018 is one of the things I am searching for last few weeks as I m in Laos and no channel is offering the live coverage. Thanks to an Edwin who guided me well with a simple article where guide how to watch Asia Cup 2018 live online anywhere. I feel it's my responsibility to share the same with you guys.

You are damn lucky. Most Indians wouldn't want to watch atleast 2 smashings against Pakistan.