What's the highest level at which you've played cricket  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What's the highest level at which you've played cricket

• Gully
    • High School
    • University
    • District
    • State

I have opened for my corporate company multinational for 4 years and also captained my corporate team for 1 year. 

Simultaneously I have opened and batted at no 3 and at no 5 and played for two Clubs in Mumbai district level games and played 45 over games at Cross and Azad and elf Vengsarkar academy ground, police lines ground near Marin lines and few other grounds. 

This is where I have faced some quick bowlers at dadar ground and at elf Vengsarkar ground. 

I have scored a century for my company as opener once and scored around 15 50+ scores and out on zero once. 

Edited by vishalvirsingh

My role, started of as a leggie, coz I had a natural rotation and could bowl Google and leggie and turn even rubber n tennis balls .

Then as I grew older started to bat and got into the technique and method, after getting into fitness lost then arm rotation and started biw!ing seam and loved that.

Worked hard on gaining pace and was successfully in doing so .I see n hear what Shoaib Akhtar talks about and a lot of it rings true.

Bowling from a pitch n half, lighter ball, technique, Soo many things you can do to improve pace and accuracy.

I feel the current generation of Indian paxers are a league ahead of their predecessors in terms of fitness, methods, understanding,

Khalil, Siraj, Rajpoot, Mavi, Nagarkotti could be the first time India might have someone the level of Steyn.

Batting wise we are not producing many good test batters or they want to play IPL and can't adapt to both.

The reason why we don't have the edge besides having g all the talent is,Vision, selections and team setup.

I play in Washing DMV cricket leagues where all the top West Indies first class players and Pakistan’s first class players play along with few from India and South Africa.  Its very competitive down here and not too far from  Associate level cricket. Infact, a lot of clubs from here can beat top associate teams.  

I myself play as a fast bowler for different clubs. I was captain of Montgomery College a while back and we won the first ever college tournament in USA also. 

Now looking forward to coming to India and play some club cricket as we have off season here and just work on my game. Still deciding which clubs to find in India.

Played for high school and for a club as a junior member prior to that. Was a opener and left arm orthodox spin. The last high school match I played, I got out the first ball. It was an important match and the opposing bowler was best in the school and quick (by HS standards). I just froze the first ball I recevied, no real footwork and the ball kissed my pad strap and was given LBW by the umpire who also my hostel warden. I thought it was missing leg, but had to go without making any face for fear of getting spanked. :lol:

Was mercilessly bullied for the next month or so my friends and team mates and just said to myself ... phuck it ... moved on with my life becoming a nerd!! :giggle:

Actually, my Dad played for his university in the 50s and did have the potential to play to state level. But during those days, there was no financial incentive and my granddad scared him off to be a paper pusher as an engineer. So growing up, received a lot of encouragement from my Dad to pursue cricket, but even in my teens (late 80s) cricket was not very lucrative unless you made it to the national level. 

2 hours ago, st12345 said:

i  was  selected for  indian  cricket team  in  1997 as a 19 yr old   but parents  didnt  allowed  me  and  forced  me  to  focus  on  iit .today i  am neither a cricketer  nor an iitian .all hopes shattered .

You must be around 40 now so there's a good chance of getting a call for the national team now under the current management. Don't lose hope lol  

Represented my college at university level. Used to either bat at no. 4 or 5 & bowl medium pace. I was just a part of the winning team & the rules suggested that the winning team would represent our college instead of top players from all sides made into a team. So luckily got a chance to play against other sides & face few players who made into Ranjis.