Indian squad for WI test announced . Siraj n Mayank gets selected

Mayank,Rahul,Shaw,Pant,Kuldeep,Siraj should be selected for the playing XI.Obviously Kohli will play.The rest 4 spots can go to whomever they like.

Shardul is there to serve water & drinks.I am not confident of players like Nair & Vihari. So,happy to see Nair not getting selected this time. Vihari was giving too many chances in that test & was lucky to get Root & Cook's wickets.

11 hours ago, Lannister said:

lol... I am shocked to see such a good Test squad. Are the selectors all right? 

Positives:

* Agarwal being finally rewarded for his hardwork and consistency. 

* Siraj: Need I say more. The current most exciting talent. 

* Umesh: I am glad they decided to stick with him as he didn't get enough chance in England. 

* Shaw: Let's see what this kid is made of.

Negatives:

* Thakur: There should be an investigation as to why this mediocre player keeps on getting selected.

* Nair: Poor management of this player. FFS he has scored 300 in Test cricket. Show some respect. 

Astonishing indeed, a bowler who gets pasted by the weakest side in the world Hongkong makes the cut,

Saini should be gutted

Good Squad overall.

Selectors finally have woken up to the fact that Gabaar and Rohit are good for only LOI cricket and should stick to it.

Also, apart from the triple century against England in 2016, Karun Nair has got quite a few chances but has failed. So, his exclusion is OK for now.

Both Mayank and Siraj should play in the eleven against Windies.

Only question is about Shardul's inclusion.

He must have bribed the selectors and also would have offered at least 10 bottles of Vodka to bewda Shastri so as to get included in the squad. :cantstop:

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

everyone seems happy with squad. Now in the event we faulter there is no cribbing as people will need longer rope.

Extremly true.   

We have to remember team is in re building phase and new players should be given a long rope. 

I think 

1. we have picked players for opening slots for atleast 1-2 years . Just play them according to form.  

2. Pace attack - almost complete . Jut add 1-2 new faces  for next 1 year . ( Saini , Ankit)

3. Pujara & Rahane -  Include them in AUS tour in eleven , but monitor closely . 

4. If they fail in the series - discard them and take new guys .

5. Be bold enough to lose with new guys rathar than lose with old guys

6. Develop a wrist spinner option. 

In any case i do not see any very noteworthy prospect right now who has been left out of consideration. 

1. in opener's role  .

2. in middle order - May be Bawne may need a look in. (some teenagers - need atleast 1 full domestic season) 

3. No outstanding spin talent.

So this is the core and just stick to it for atleast 15-20 tests.

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

How can selectors be so blind that they can't see the difference in quality of saini vs shardul

You have to get in the que, no ifs or buts, we treat everyone equal, like you wake up in the morning n grab a lota n get in the que, these selectors are geniuses.

Everyone has to go , no nepotism, be it a hack or a good bat a fast bowler or trundler, get in the que, coz selectors are Qlueless

Edited by MCcricket

My preferred playing 11

1.  Rahul

2.  Shaw

3.  Pujara

4.  Kohli

5.  Vihari

6.  Pant

7.  Ashwin

8.  Jadeja

9.  Shami

10. Umesh

11. Siraj 

--  We should start preparing for the Australian tour from these test matches. 

--  With that in mind, the playing 11 selection should made and batting order decided and I would play 3 fast bowlers.  

--  Pant should be allowed to settle at 6. That will allow us to play the pacer-allrounder at 7 in Australia.

--  I feel Shaw has a game more suited for Australia ... so, I will open with him.

--   Siraj must play.

--  There is batting till No.8

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My preferred playing 11

1.  Rahul

2.  Shaw

3.  Pujara

4.  Kohli

5.  Vihari

6.  Pant

7.  Ashwin

8.  Jadeja

9.  Shami

10. Umesh

11. Siraj 

--  We should start preparing for the Australian tour from these test matches. 

--  With that in mind, playing 11 selection should made and batting order decided and I would play 3 fast bowlers.  

--  Pant should be allowed to settle at 6. That will allow us to play the pacer-allrounder at 7 in Australia.

--  I feel Shaw has a game more suited for Australia ... so, I will open with him.

--   Siraj must play.

--  There is getting till No.8

Very sorry and disappointed that Saini is not included

Hope he is considered as a backup seamer in Aus 

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

his competition is with Vihari. Vihari wins because of bowling and age. But Nair never got his full run after 300. This is unexcusable. 

that is where I have a problem with ... proven failures like Pujara Dhawan Rahul get  chances after chances despite  remaining mediocre even after 4 series in any of SENA. It is from that perspective that Nair's treatment is really of double standard .But with moron Shastri at the helm, no surprise that these things go on happening. He is the worst with regard to nourishing talented youngsters.  

5 hours ago, diehardpacer said:

Mayank,Rahul,Shaw,Pant,Kuldeep,Siraj should be selected for the playing XI.Obviously Kohli will play.The rest 4 spots can go to whomever they like.

Shardul is there to serve water & drinks.I am not confident of players like Nair & Vihari. So,happy to see Nair not getting selected this time. Vihari was giving too many chances in that test & was lucky to get Root & Cook's wickets.

then ...you might be happy that proven failures Pujara & Rahul are still playing....

So frustrated with seeing Pujara in the squad. This hack has played  6 or 7 series in SENA. And still has been absolute mediocre over all  in all 4 of SENA. This was the right time to give chance to another talented youngster. Nair along with Shaw needed to have played in  this series(ofcourse with Vihari & Pant  in the eleven). Instead the proven failure Pujara is given yet another chance so that he can feast on the poor Windies bowling at home and strengthen his place in the team so that  at least in the next 2 series in SENA  India can rest assured to get beaten comprehensively.

11 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

So frustrated with seeing Pujara in the squad. This hack has played  6 or 7 series in SENA. And still has been absolute mediocre over all  in all 4 of SENA. This was the right time to give chance to another talented youngster. Nair along with Shaw needed to have played in  this series(ofcourse with Vihari & Pant  in the eleven). Instead the proven failure Pujara is given yet another chance so that he can feast on the poor Windies bowling at home and strengthen his place in the team so that  at least in the next 2 series in SENA  India can rest assured to get beaten comprehensively.

Lol that pujara and rahanes just need a 50+ score to again be in the reckoning as i said the jokers have made it musical chair no wonder dhawan  is so good in bhangra

Edited by Suhaan