Umesh bowling wide last ball was Dhoni's idea - cricinfo

CSK Fan

Dhoni is a coward and a bully.

He tells bowlers  to bowl how he wants them to bowl.

If they refuse ,then publicly humiliate like he did with kuldeep.

If they bowl the way he asks.....he gets credit if it works and they get the gallis if it doesn't .

Shameless cancer.

Good this failed advice came out in public.Others need to come out and expose this fake  cool guy.

Shai is not going to csk.:p:

19 minutes ago, beetle said:

If they refuse ,then publicly humiliate like he did with kuldeep.

There is reason why bowlers were never happy under him, often he used to humiliate bowlers on ground when he was a captain, since you are bhuvi fan I would like share one incident relating to bhuvi.

Now I don't have source for this but it happened around  2014 can't recall the exact day, we were playing against srilanka and bhuvi was bowling to some left hander, upul tharanga I guess.. Bhuvi bowled two beautiful outswingers shaping it away and then was trying swing it back into  left hander going for wickets trying to plumb him but in process bowled two back to back wides.

Frustrated msd immediately shouted 

"Bhuvi tu swing wing chhordd sirf sidheyy daal" :facepalm:

You be the judge!!! 

Edited by speedheat
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

A bowler who has 200 international wickets can figure out what to bowl himself . Sure execution or the skill to execute can be missing. However the Dhoni bashing is because bowlers can figure it out themselves or even if as a senior he gave them advise they need to get 100% credit or blame for their execution.

Whenever a bowler is successful articles pop up how Dhoni is responsible for the success, In this case he is being criticized. Need to take both with a grain of salt. 

I am consistent in my view that Dhoni’s advice behind the stumps is over exaggerated. However I see some hypocrisy with Dhoni fans when they over hype his advice  and give him all the credit but  criticize the  bowler when it doesn’t come off.

Well its not like MS Dhoni is the 1st person to give advice to a bowler. In crunch situation you would you would often see a mini hurdle in the center. Captain, senior players all give advice to the bowler. It does works sometime (eg:Hardik Pandya's last over in T20 WC against BD) or it flops like yesterday. We should not read much into it.

But blaming Dhoni for giving advice is hilarious.

1 hour ago, velu said:

its all fun :phehe: 

anyway there should some valid reasons why every bowler is thanking dhoni  :p:

earlier we use to see every batsmen thanking sachin for their batting as well 

It’s fine if Pant/Kishan say they were inspired by Dhoni to pick up keeping just like Every Indian batsman of the modern era has stated Sachin as an inspiration for their batting- nothing ridiculous about it.

However a keeper getting over involved or his fans over exaggerating his impact on the performance of a bowler is super ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Well its not like MS Dhoni is the 1st person to give advice to a bowler. In crunch situation you would you would often see a mini hurdle in the center. Captain, senior players all give advice to the bowler. It does works sometime (eg:Hardik Pandya's last over in T20 WC against BD) or it flops like yesterday. We should not read much into it.

But blaming Dhoni for giving advice is hilarious.

Did you even understand what I wrote? No one is blaming Dhoni for giving advice, However the fact of hyping him for the bowler’s success and blaming the bowler for the failure is ridiculous.

Also highlighted part is exactly what I am writing about. All the Bangladesh batsmen had to do was tap and run a single on a good length ball, it was their own brainlessness that cost them the game. Sure you can give him credit for the runout off the last ball and praise his keeping skills all you want. No problem with that.

Can you tell me what was so unique about the advice he gave Pandya? He said Nehra bhai and Mahi bhai asked him to bowl Yorkers which he clearly fked up :laugh: 

I rest my case

Did you even understand what I wrote? No one is blaming Dhoni for giving advice, However the fact of hyping him for the bowler’s success and blaming the bowler for the failure is ridiculous.

Also highlighted part is exactly what I am writing about. All the Bangladesh batsmen had to do was tap and run a single on a good length ball, it was their own brainlessness that cost them the game. Sure you can give him credit for the runout off the last ball and praise his keeping skills all you want. No problem with that.

Can you tell me what was so unique about the advice he gave Pandya? He said Nehra bhai and Mahi bhai asked him to bowl Yorkers which he clearly fked up  

I rest my case

Well, Dhoni himself never said give me credit for the bowlers success. Its the way media hype it up, so we cant make Dhoni responsible for it. He does it work quietly from behind the stumps without any antics/showoffs. For eg., he just nod his head once towards Rohit to take the DRS review against Imam. Suddenly Gavaskar started screaming in comm box "This man is genius" etc. Print media started writing how MS Dhoni outfoxed Imam etc. Is nodding a head is crime?

Now should media goes overboard when its comes to MS? No.

But why they do it? Due to history. MS has a history of being street smart and take decisions which changed the fate of Indian cricket. Like asking Yogender Sharma to bowl last over, promoting himself in WC finals, defending that total in CT 13, giving Pandya the last over etc etc. Ofcourse there were luck involved in them and some of them may be flukes. But now anything Dhoni does, media hypes it up due to the man's history.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Even Manju was complaining in the last over about why did they change the field after the 1st ball Umesh bowled. The first ball was pretty good, then there was a field change for some reason. Manju went on about that for a few minutes saying that the original field was good enough and Umesh look comfortable bowling to it, but then they changed the field. 

Whether that was Kohli or MSD who changed the field is up for discussion. 

39 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Even Manju was complaining in the last over about why did they change the field after the 1st ball Umesh bowled. The first ball was pretty good, then there was a field change for some reason. Manju went on about that for a few minutes saying that the original field was good enough and Umesh look comfortable bowling to it, but then they changed the field. 

Whether that was Kohli or MSD who changed the field is up for discussion. 

Lol yeah I remember that and it seemed as if he was blaming Umesh for that. I'd like to see I manju changed his stance.

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Lol yeah I remember that and it seemed as if he was blaming Umesh for that. I'd like to see I manju changed his stance.

Yeah, Usually Manju seems against Umesh, but that was the only time he seemed sympathetic to him.

He usually likes line and length bowlers. One time he was telling Dada that India should focus on swing bowlers instead of fast bowlers, and Dada had a face like no you are an idiot :cantstop: