Ranji trophy 2018-19

TOld you guys. Our current Indian players cannot survive against the domestic spin attack. Atleast in the interest of sharpening their game they must play domestic cricket. These are highly challenging conditions. There is a reason why we give wickets to Lyon, that lefr arm spinner from OZ, Moeen Ali.

52 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

This match just highlights the fact that we don't have good players of spin anymore, the likes of Dravid/SRT/VVS/Dada/Sehwag/GG were so much better against spinners it isn't even worth debating! On the other hand our current lot make Ali and Lyon look like Murali 2.0 :cantstop:

They also made Udal, Batty, Boje look like Murli. Lyon and Ali are certainly better than them.

10 hours ago, R!TTER said:

You're counting what 1, 2 innings from each of those bowlers on tricky surfaces? How many times have our batters failed against Lyon or Ali, especially away from home? You'd be hard pressed to find such disasters from our retired oldies outside Asia.

TRue failing against off spinner in England is blasphemous. They ddin't fail in one test. They failed in two series in a row.

11 hours ago, R!TTER said:

You're counting what 1, 2 innings from each of those bowlers on tricky surfaces? How many times have our batters failed against Lyon or Ali, especially away from home? You'd be hard pressed to find such disasters from our retired oldies outside Asia.

Difference in conditions and quality of bowlers. Moeen is a far superior bowler than anyone England had in last 20 years except Swann. 

28 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

How's he better than Panesar who averaged 34 while Moeen averages 37?

Even Giles was as good as Ali.

because of bowling style.  what are their home averages?  Moeen's bowling style of off spin suits his home pitches, Panesar didnt, being a left armer.  Same way why Ashwin's bowling style does not suit current England pitches but does suit Indian pitches.  Not everything is just black and white.  There are several things that decide which bowler is going to be successful where.  I remember 2011 England tour, hardly any ball turned on those pitches.  Bhajji was rendered useless.  Compare that to pitches on last two tours.  Moeen has turned the ball even if from the rough.  Even Ashwin did turn the ball when he got it right at times even from the stumps.  There used to be hardly any rough before.  Pitches across the world are becoming more spin friendly, less pacier except some.  Even in Australia, never saw such spin friendly pitches before.  Think about it, Murli averages 70 plus in Australia, IIRC.  It will tell you how pitches have changed over the 15-20 years.  I remember 2012 Aus tour, hardly any ball turned.  For me, it is the conditions that dictate the play most of the time.  I dont think if we had pitches like 2012 Aus tour, we could have won the test series there even this time.  

Pujara seems a totally strange  character.... while he was struggling badly in 2nd division county  & also with his nursery kid level running between the wkts  and there by   making his own  international future so bleak, he comes up with match winning dominance in  the AUS series and that  too against a set of high quality pace bowlers. Here again in the domestic, where playing spin is his strength,   he can't buy a run ... So awkward...

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

because of bowling style.  what are their home averages?  Moeen's bowling style of off spin suits his home pitches, Panesar didnt, being a left armer.  Same way why Ashwin's bowling style does not suit current England pitches but does suit Indian pitches.  Not everything is just black and white.  There are several things that decide which bowler is going to be successful where.  I remember 2011 England tour, hardly any ball turned on those pitches.  Bhajji was rendered useless.  Compare that to pitches on last two tours.  Moeen has turned the ball even if from the rough.  Even Ashwin did turn the ball when he got it right at times even from the stumps.  There used to be hardly any rough before.  Pitches across the world are becoming more spin friendly, less pacier except some.  Even in Australia, never saw such spin friendly pitches before.  Think about it, Murli averages 70 plus in Australia, IIRC.  It will tell you how pitches have changed over the 15-20 years.  I remember 2012 Aus tour, hardly any ball turned.  For me, it is the conditions that dictate the play most of the time.  I dont think if we had pitches like 2012 Aus tour, we could have won the test series there even this time.  

Funny! Murali played a total of 5 matches in Australia. Out of which, 2 test matches were played around 95, when he had not even established himself. Out the remaining 3 test matches, Murali was booed a lot, and in one of them was questioned by the umpire. A very difficult period for Murali. Other than that, have you thought that the Aussie team he played against was an ATG, and they were fantastic players of spin? 

In short, theres no substance to your claim that conditions have changed. The example doesnt hold water at all! 

Panesar any day was better than Moeen. 

29 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Pujara seems a totally strange  character.... while he was struggling badly in 2nd division county  & also with his nursery kid level running between the wkts  and there by   making his own  international future so bleak, he comes up with match winning dominance in  the AUS series and that  too against a set of high quality pace bowlers. Here again in the domestic, where playing spin is his strength,   he can't buy a run ... So awkward...

Carried his team to semis and then to finals in tough chases on day 4/5 in QF and SF!