India A Tour of NZ

Mosher

29 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj becoming more economical ... but still taking lots of wickets like before  ... is a big plus.

The TM and selectors should not waste this kind of form.  They lack eye for talent.

And please don't mix formats.  Siraj is good for tests but not for LOIs.

they lack brains as well.

35 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj becoming more economical ... but still taking lots of wickets like before  ... is a big plus.

The TM and selectors should not waste this kind of form.  They lack eye for talent.

And please don't mix formats.  Siraj is good for tests but not for LOIs.

I don't know what more a pace bowler can do to deserve test selection, at least the squad, to  be honest.  

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

I don't know what more a pace bowler can do to deserve test selection, at least the squad, to  be honest.  

I think we need great clarity of thought from the TM as far as our pace bowling unit is concerned.

We have lots of good support pacers in the form of Ishant, Shami, Bhuvi and Umesh.  But only one potential strike pacer in Bumrah. And even he is 6 tests old.

Shami and Umesh perform in Asia ... Bhuvi when the ball is moving ... and Ishant is a quintessential support pacer. 

We needed to unearth another strike pacer ... Siraj was there potentially ... and we messed up by not playing him against the WI.

What will happen if Bumrah is injured  ?  Who will lead the attack and take wickets  ?

Kohli's  limited thinking ability may cost us.  And most past cricketers are similar.

Edited by express bowling
21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I think we need great clarity of thought from the TM as far as our pace bowling unit is concerned.

We have lots of good support pacers in the form of Ishant, Shami, Bhuvi and Umesh.  But only one potential strike pacer in Bumrah. And even he is tests old.

Shami and Umesh perform in Asia ... Bhuvi when the ball is moving ... and Ishant is a quintessential support pacer. 

We needed to unearth another strike pacer ... Siraj was there potentially ... and we messed up by not playing him against the WI.

What will happen if Bumrah is injured  ?  Who will lead the attack and take wickets  ?

Kohli's  limited thinking ability may cost us.  And most past cricketers are similar.

Classic case of lack of pace bowling culture.  

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

We have lots of good support pacers in the form of Ishant, Shami, Bhuvi and Umesh.  But only one potential strike pacer in Bumrah. And even he is tests old. 

what... thinking ability... hic!?

Massive over hyping of Siraj here.  He is knocking on door but not smashing it down to be picked

He is not 90mph lethal bowler.  May do well in tests or not .  Difficult to say.  But not this amazing bowler who not getting chance situation.  Lots of hyping here and plenty ready to jump on bandwagon

Our seam attack in tests is strong and has depth

Shami, ishant, Bumrah, BK, Yadav.  Thats 5 good seamers.  Personally none deserve dropping at moment and I would stick with them for now in tests

10 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Massive over hyping of Siraj here.  He is knocking on door but not smashing it down to be picked

Siraj in last 8 A- Games has 47 wkts and 8th game is still one, m not talking about domestic this is A sides of Eng, SA, NZ, AUS, WI ........these sides have their next best players and some international players to 

If this is not breaking the door I dnt knw what is 4

He is not 90mph lethal bowler.  May do well in tests or not .  Difficult to say.  But not this amazing bowler who not getting chance situation.  Lots of hyping here and plenty ready to jump on bandwagon

he clocks 140-145 easily 

We only have one strike bowler in bumrah

Ishant is basically a workhorse 

umesh highly inconsitent

Bhuvi condition dependant 

shami- fitness ka maara .....who is not using his potential

Its a good attack not great

Shami, ishant, Bumrah, BK, Yadav.  Thats 5 good seamers.  Personally none deserve dropping at moment and I would stick with them for now in tests

they are good but nothing wrong in aiming to achieve better 

they are good but not gr8 apart from bumrah 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Siraj in last 8 A- Games has 47 wkts and 8th game is still one, m not talking about domestic this is A sides of Eng, SA, NZ, AUS, WI ........these sides have their next best players and some international players to 

he clocks 140-145 easily 

umesh highly inconsitent

Some good points to be fair.  Balanced response

Did not realise he had done this well.  Ok desreves a go, should have played v windies or at least been in squad to have a look at him.

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Some good points to be fair.  Balanced response

Did not realise he had done this well.  Ok desreves a go, should have played v windies or at least been in squad to have a look at him.

yea the ideal thing is he shud have played against WI and also on Flight to Aus coz when someone is in that form best to use it, rahul was in gr8 form last yr but it wasnt used to it full due to injuries+ pref to dhawan in test and rahane n others in ODI now the man has stuck a bad patch.....its everyone loss....

Same is the case with Siraj....he is runnning through sides. In India he ran through Aus-A i thinking taking 8 wkts in one innings......in India ...thats not at all easy for a seamer

Apart from bumrah most are not rising above a level and if we have to look at world domination we have to have everyone as match winner. Like in aus team - mcgrath, gillespie, lee, warne all cud win u games on their own.....

Shami and umesh are excellent in India but we need equally strong bowlers overseas as well 

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he clocks 140-145 easily 

umesh highly inconsitent

I have also been screaming for SIRAJ and only Siraj ..also supported Khaleel earlier but he has been unimpressive.

siraj has broken doors but still, he is playing only A matches...he is bound to come into Indian 11 test team.

he is definitely not the best for t20 to play for INDIA but he has played for india in  t20- some serious wrong selection.

Apart from Siraj, I support Avesh khan and Tushar deshpande. i understand mavi will take time to mature.

i hope avesh and tushar can remain fast and get into the queue after siraj.

13 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Siraj is ahead of UMESH YADAV, Ishant Sharma and BHuvi on Australian wickets with no swing.

-siraj is bowling accurately and in rhythm and thats why he is getting lot of wickets whereas Umesh always has rhythm issues even recently and has taken a wrong decision to bowl slower to maintain his line n length- only thin which UMESH has was SPeed and he has compromised on Speed in order to get better control, not sure whether he has got better control or not.

-siraj is bowling 136 to 146k and is definitely 1 yard faster than Umesh ishant and 1.5 yard faster than bhuvi and has no rhythm Issues.

- Siraj is athletic and is youngest so probably has more stamina than ISHANT and BHUVI ..umesh is strong so may be Siraj and Umesh may have the capability to bowl 22 overs in a day.

on australian tracks siraj should have been with bumrah and ishant in the 11 and Kuldeep as our only spinner.