Best chance to win in Aus hampered by

zen

4 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

just don't know why you try to defend him wiith these senseless  stats filtrations.  ..... now taking only last 2 years data......for what ??? we are here talking about Pujara's performance in SENA  from his batting position in his entire career.You are bringing Rahane who has done lot more than Pujara in SENA from his batting position in his entire career. And to suit your motive you conveniently  filters out last 2 years only.

I am not defending Rahane  or  any other player by any means.They all have short comings as of now. For instance take Rahane. He needs to perform  in this series because his strong zone is in SENA barring ENG.Naturally if he is not upto the mark in this series , he needs to be dropped. Just stating that ,from the performance till now Pujara has  been the most inadequate. That's it. If you do not feel  otherwise, so be it

Those were SENA stats and right now he is ahead of others (best top order batsman and 2nd best overall) .... And in Asia, he is Bradmanisque and one of the best players of spin .... Thank you!

Edited by zen
10 hours ago, zen said:

what is the obsession with Pujara?  :lol:  

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Opposition team Australia remove Australia from query or England remove England from query or New Zealand remove New Zealand from query or South Africa remove South Africa from query
Home or away away (home of opposition) remove away (home of opposition) from query
Start of match date between 2 Dec 2016 and 2 Dec 2018 remove between 2 Dec 2016 and 2 Dec 2018 from query
Qualifications runs scored greater than or equal to 200 remove runs scored greater than or equal to 200 from query
Ordered by batting average (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 6 of 6   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS AveDescending BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
V Kohli 8 16 0 879 153 54.93 1500 58.60 3 4 1 102 1 investigate this query
CA Pujara 7 14 1 378 132* 29.07 1068 35.39 1 2 2 48 0 investigate this query
AM Rahane 6 12 0 314 81 26.16 734 42.77 0 2 1 34 0 investigate this query
KL Rahul 7 14 0 329 149 23.50 551 59.70 1 0 2 48 1 investigate this query
HH Pandya 7 14 1 283 93 21.76 461 61.38 0 2 2 42 2 investigate this query
R Ashwin 6 12 2 216 38 21.60 321 67.28 0 0 0 33 1 investigate this query

Clearly, everyone has been pathetic barring VK. Not surprising.

5 minutes ago, zen said:

In a way, outside Asia, we are more like a Kohli + Bumrah team  

The bowlers underperformed in crucial moments, but I would not say that they did badly... mostly because the conditions were so helpful to them. Hence, I think outside Asia we are: 1 batsman (Kohli) and 2-3 bowlers.

17 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

spot on ... he even can't differentiate between 'different roles  for different batting positions'... it seems.... He, for some reasons tries to defend this mediocre batsmen( utter mediocre in SENA + WI even after 8 series in these countries) at any cost.

he can't even differentiate between Kohli and Rahane. he expected Rahane to score same number of runs in Australian test series as Kohli

That tells me all I need to know 

13 hours ago, Vijy said:

The bowlers underperformed in crucial moments, but I would not say that they did badly... mostly because the conditions were so helpful to them. Hence, I think outside Asia we are: 1 batsman (Kohli) and 2-3 bowlers.

Yup, the bowlers usually need ideal conditions and/or a tremendous spell that changes the game (Pandya's spell for e.g.) 

On 12/1/2018 at 5:12 PM, vvvslaxman said:

I am not sure why we think it is the best chance to win in Australia? We had Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly, Sehwag, Kumble. THey had no McGrath, Warne. We could only draw that series. Sure this is probably one of the worst AUstralian side. Same way this is one of the worst Indian team to tour Australia. 

clear delusion,nothing this team has done in recent series inspires confidence especially on flat aussie tracks.

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

OP forgot the most important thing in away games,winning the *ing toss.

Winning or losing the toss is not in our hands but how we apply ourselves in the field is .... To be a good team overseas, we have to learn to take advantage of opportunities and make a comeback in the series 

Edited by zen