Umesh- what has gone wrong with Umesh?

On 12/21/2018 at 12:15 AM, Rightarmfast said:

No views. Let people waste time. The problem was openers, not Umesh Yadav. And in any event, 4 right arm fast bowlers dont make sense.

We played 4 fast bowlers, so umesh will perform badly.....ye kya logic hai

I think you must be baba like ram rahim or nithyanand. You can read whatever is not even written :hysterical: Bataiye babaji, where did I write that because 4 fast bowlers were playing Umesh would perform bad? Lolwa! Give your mind a rest, dont trouble it too much. Comprehension is beyond your comprehension!

Can be 3 right arm fast and one left arm fast-fast medium or leg spinner/ chinaman / offie. In any event, Umesh was playing his 1st match and didnt look comfortable. 

Bumrah , ishant n shami also played their 1st matches in 1st test 

So? Whats Bumrahs Ishants and Shamis performance got to do with Umesh's? Umesh has never been a mentally tough person. He always goes into a shell when down. Btw, where did I compare the performance of other bowlers and wrt Umesh's? Another figment of your imagination? Kuchh bhi? Babaji, dont smoke up that weird s**t u been onto. It will give more clarity!

But the fault lies with the openers so I think its a waste of time to discuss the bowlers till the time this team sorts out the batsmen.

Openers are at fault, again that doesnt allow umesh to perform badly. Overseas is the toughest for openers specially such pitch

Umesh cnt leak runs on such pitch like that , even though he leaks everywhere 

Again, where did I write that the poor performance of the batsmen is an excuse for Umesh? Lolwa at the excuse given for openers by you. Defines your whole argument which is nothing but a d*ck! :hysterical: 

I understand that comprehension is a big problem for you, but chilax bro. Dont stress your brain too much. 

On 12/21/2018 at 2:38 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Cant blame BCCI for umesh 

We played 4 fast bowlers, so umesh will perform badly.....ye kya logic hai

Bumrah , ishant n shami also played their 1st matches in 1st test 

Openers are at fault, again that doesnt allow umesh to perform badly. Overseas is the toughest for openers specially such pitch

Umesh cnt leak runs on such pitch like that , even though he leaks everywhere 

The above post is in response to this 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Correct, hit the nail right on the head

time to look at him just in home test and look away from him now , use him in test played at India where he is best at 

To be fair even at home his performances have been okay at best,  granted that at home spinners win games but even then before the West Indies match can't remember when he put together something that makes him an automatic selection at home.  

1 hour ago, speedster said:

To be fair even at home his performances have been okay at best,  granted that at home spinners win games but even then before the West Indies match can't remember when he put together something that makes him an automatic selection at home.  

he has been good at home, he looks at control....his pace comes in really handy with reverse swing n at home spinner will win u games only 

42 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he has been good at home, he looks at control....his pace comes in really handy with reverse swing n at home spinner will win u games only 

The lead pacers even in India are likely to be Bumrah and Shami unless there is an injury so not sure how many chances he'll get. His pace was an advantage no doubt but from the looks of it he's slowly loosing that as well.  I would have understood if that brought more control but clearly that hasn't happened either 

27 minutes ago, speedster said:

The lead pacers even in India are likely to be Bumrah and Shami unless there is an injury so not sure how many chances he'll get. His pace was an advantage no doubt but from the looks of it he's slowly loosing that as well.  I would have understood if that brought more control but clearly that hasn't happened either 

bumrah hasnt played in india yet and he ll be good but we can give him rest in that as he plays all format and umesh has been doing well in india . I dont think he is loosing pace, its just that when he gets a beating he looses plot and tries to do all sought of stuff which includes even trying to aim for control rather going for pace . 

Umesh has looked very demotivated in test matches and ODIs for the last 18 months or so.  He used to run in hard and bowl 140 k to 150 k from 2011 to mid 2017.  Yes, he was inaccurate but used to bowl lots of wicket taking balls too.

Now, he just jogs in gently and places the ball there at  around 135 k.   Does not show any intensity and enthusiasm, only exception being the 2nd innings of the 2nd test vs the WI.

Early 2017 was the best phase of his career.  He combined accuracy with high pace for the first time in his career.  And had a couple of wonderful test series vs Australia and Bangladesh.

But it has been all downhill in the 2 longer formats from then on.  

Yes, he was never a great bowler ... and rarely accurate ... but did bowl with enthusiasm.  Now ...  that is gone too.  Gives me the impression,  for the last 18 months, that his focus or motivation to bowl is not there.

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh has looked very demotivated in test matches and ODIs for the last 18 months or so.  He used to run in hard and bowl 140 k to 150 k from 2011 to mid 2017.  Yes, he was inaccurate but used to bowl lots of wicket taking balls too.

Now, he just jogs in gently and places the ball there at  around 135 k.   Does not show any intensity and enthusiasm, only exception being the 2nd innings of the 2nd test vs the WI.

Early 2017 was the best phase of his career.  He combined accuracy with high pace for the first time in his career.  And had a couple of wonderful test series vs Australia and Bangladesh.

But it has been all downhill in the 2 longer formats from then on.  

Yes, he was never a great bowler ... and rarely accurate ... but did bowl with enthusiasm.  Now ...  that is gone too.  Gives me the impression,  for the last 18 months, that his focus or motivation to bowl is not there.

This is where coaches and captain come into picture. If he still has desire to do well at top level in some corner of his heart then a good coach can motivate him and work with player to sort out the mess.

Or maybe he has given up.

30 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Nothing has gone wrong with him. The guy is playing under pressure he doesnt know when he plays nexr. Give him some rope or cut him forever.

Go back to the 2 back to back test series against SL in mid to late 2017.  At that time,  he was a regular in tests.  His place confirmed after a superb early 2017.

He bowled without any motivation in those 5 or 6 tests, even when his place was confirmed.  And Bumrah replaced him in SA as a result of those twin series.

As far as pace is concerned, lets look at it this way. He made his debut in 2011. He bowled 145+ till 2017, mid 2018. Thats a good 7-8 years bowling genuine express pace. How many fast bowlers in the history of the game have sustained their pace for that long? Dont remember many apart from Steyn, who's hot n cold with pace. 

Yadav has done enough pace wise, so instead of having meaningless debates on why he is bowling slower, we should hail and acknowledge that he did his part. Cant expect him to bowl fast anymore. 

His performance has always been up and down and he just doesnt know what he should be doing with his talent. I think its about time to bow down and move on from international cricket. 

18 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Yadav is 31 and this is same time when Zak lost his pace. But he gained skills which helped him in doing well for 2-3 years. Yadav doesn't same level of skill and accurary to do so.

Yadav doesnt have the brains of Zak. In all honesty, Zak had studied engg and I wonder how well educated Umesh is. Cant expect Umesh to be of that calibre.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Nothing has gone wrong with him. The guy is playing under pressure he doesnt know when he plays nexr. Give him some rope or cut him forever.

BS. Bhuvi comes and performs in 1 test and then is dropped again. Comes back and performs again. Happening since 2016 till he was injured. 

Match by match list
Bat1 Bat2 Runs Wkts Conc Ct St   Opposition Ground Start DateDescending  
30 33 63 4 83 0 0   v South Africa Johannesburg 24 Jan 2018 Test # 2294
25 13* 38 6 120 2 0   v South Africa Cape Town 5 Jan 2018 Test # 2292
13 8 21 8 96 0 0   v Sri Lanka Kolkata 16 Nov 2017 Test # 2281
0 DNB 0 2 68 0 0   v Australia Dharamsala 25 Mar 2017 Test # 2258
DNB DNB - 1 67 1 0   v Bangladesh Hyderabad (Deccan) 9 Feb 2017 Test # 2249
9 - 9 1 60 0 0   v England Mumbai 8 Dec 2016 Test # 2239
5 23 28 6 76 0 0   v New Zealand Kolkata 30 Sep 2016 Test # 2222
TDNB - - 0 13 0 0   v West Indies Port of Spain 18 Aug 2016 Test # 2218
0 DNB 0 6 46 1 0   v West Indies Gros Islet 9 Aug 2016 Test # 2215

Umesh during same duration:

Match by match list
Bat1 Bat2 Runs Wkts Conc Ct St   Opposition Ground Start DateDescending  

DNB - - 2 73 0 0   v Sri Lanka Nagpur 24 Nov 2017 Test # 2283
6* DNB 6 3 104 0 0   v Sri Lanka Kolkata 16 Nov 2017 Test # 2281
3* - 3 2 44 0 0   v Sri Lanka Pallekele 12 Aug 2017 Test # 2269
8* - 8 2 51 0 0   v Sri Lanka Colombo (SSC) 3 Aug 2017 Test # 2267
11* DNB 11 2 120 0 0   v Sri Lanka Galle 26 Jul 2017 Test # 2265
2* DNB 2 5 98 0 0   v Australia Dharamsala 25 Mar 2017 Test # 2258
16 - 16 3 142 0 0   v Australia Ranchi 16 Mar 2017 Test # 2256
0* 1 1 3 87 0 0   v Australia Bengaluru 4 Mar 2017 Test # 2251
4 0* 4 6 71 0 0   v Australia Pune 23 Feb 2017 Test # 2250
DNB DNB - 3 117 1 0   v Bangladesh Hyderabad (Deccan) 9 Feb 2017 Test # 2249
1* - 1 3 109 0 0   v England Chennai 16 Dec 2016 Test # 2241
7* - 7 0 48 2 0   v England Mumbai 8 Dec 2016 Test # 2239
12 DNB 12 2 84 1 0   v England Mohali 26 Nov 2016 Test # 2238
13 0 13 1 64 1 0   v England Visakhapatnam 17 Nov 2016 Test # 2235
5 DNB 5 2 159 2 0   v England Rajkot 9 Nov 2016 Test # 2232
DNB DNB - 1 68 0 0   v New Zealand Indore 8 Oct 2016 Test # 2223
9 DNB 9 1 56 0 0   v New Zealand Kanpur 22 Sep 2016 Test # 2221
19 - 19 0 74 0 0   v West Indies Kingston 30 Jul 2016 Test # 2211

Umesh has 4+ wickets in a match 2 times and Bhuvi has 4+ wickets in 4 matches in a lot less matches than Umesh.

Like bhuvi is supposedly saved (but never played) for helpful overseas pitches then umesh should be saved for dead indian pitches only.  . 

IBrainless bowling. He runs in probably not knowing himself which delivery he intends to bowl. I would rather go with someone a touch slower but with the right mind such as Bhuvi. In the meantime we need to find proper pace bowling coaches to train the upcoming prospects in tactics, strategy and bowling to a plan.

21 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Yadav is 31 and this is same time when Zak lost his pace. But he gained skills which helped him in doing well for 2-3 years. Yadav doesn't same level of skill and accurary to do so.

County did help Zak to understand his game n polish his skills, plus it helped his fitness as he understood hsi body better. 

Umesh needs to do same......even though i doubt it wud make much of diff coz umesh problems are mental but he will improve. He anyways wnt be in WC squad so better go to county....it helped ishant to 

On 12/19/2018 at 9:01 AM, Rasgulla said:

Only hyped by phastttt phony boys. We all know how useless he was. 

he was genuinely fast last time we were in Australia. Yes, he was a spray gun but spraying can be managed and trained. But in this test, he presented himself as a truly average trundler and is still a spray gun.

I expected him to be the no 1 or no 2 fast bowler for India. Shammi, bumrah out bowled him and even the tall ISHANT outbowled him.

even hanuma , the 5th bowler outbowled him.

INDIAN Selection team took notice and dropped him of odi and t20 teams for good.

since he is fit , i expect him to bounce back.