What would India have been like today if all Muslims had left for Pakistan in 1947

SecondSlip

It was an opportunity for Indian Ms to showcase to rest of world, their tolerance and secularism, and really lead by example. Yet, they have shown little difference from their other countries counterparts despite actually ruling in our country for centuries...

At first i assumed this was an alternate history thread; didn't know there's a growing market for saffron weed. Its inhuman to plan another partition, just shows how we don't understand the pains of our grandparents. Whoever wants to immigrate is free to do so and that already happens, don't even think about shoving it down other's throats. 

Whatever one's gripe with a certain community: ram mandir, azan loudspeakers, extremism, all can be handled via fair legal means. The legislation should apply to all citizens. One can't allow a community to pollute the environment and block others. Ditto with crime & law enforcement. 

I am of the opinion that 2 child policy is a must for an overpopulated country. It beats me how the exhaust of a car is strictly regulated but its ok for a man to produce a hundred offspring who will consume way more resources and cause a lot of harm to the environment given our modern lifestyle. 

Edited by Clarke

16 minutes ago, Clarke said:

At first i assumed this was an alternate history thread; didn't know there's a growing market for saffron weed. Its inhuman to plan another partition, just shows how we don't understand the pains of our grandparents. Whoever wants to immigrate is free to do so and that already happens, don't even think about shoving it down other's throats. 

Whatever one's gripe with a certain community: ram mandir, azan loudspeakers, extremism, all can be handled via fair legal means. The legislation should apply to all citizens. One can't allow a community to pollute the environment and block others. Ditto with crime & law enforcement. 

I am of the opinion that 2 child policy is a must for an overpopulated country. It beats me how the exhaust of a car is strictly regulated but its ok for a man to produce a hundred offspring who will consume way more resources and cause a lot of harm to the environment given our modern lifestyle. 

Many people do not get one thing that it is the people who voted for Modi are actually preventing Islamization of India.    

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

Those posters who are raising legitimate questions doesn't mean they are addicted to saffron weed. Neither them voting BJP to power means they're Sanghis. The mask of having one rule for a specific community and a different one for the other is a shame.
The aforementioned HDFC employee case proves that. Basically their gripe is anybody who questions people like Romila Thapar, Ramchandra Guha has an agenda driven against minorities.
Regarding partition a century back we had a shared cultural heritage spanning from borders of Afghanistan to far-east of Bangladesh where even if the situations were tense, together all the communities somehow thrived and co-existed. After partition all this co-existential behavior somehow withered away from Pakistani DNA. Pakistanis and their ilk should be the last ones to question about secularism and democracy to Indians.

Yes legal procedures should be followed while dealing with these sensitive issues. But they certainly aren't. Just an example:
Police and other agencies knew beforehand that there is going to be violence in case of Baba Ram Rahim arrest and Azad Maidan protests. Both the issues culminated in violence by the protesters. In one case dozens died when firepower was used and in the other police were ordered to hold back which lead to thousands of protesters molesting women constables and tearing off their clothes.
While I don't have any love lost for Gurmeet Ram Rahim, do you think the Muslim world would have taken kindly to the killing of so called "peaceful protesters" who gathered for Rohingyas?

I concur.

Edited by ShankarShailendra

Speaking of Azad Maidan what happened to these 2 misguided children of _________?

Image result for azad maidan riots

Azad Maidan riot losses yet to be recovered

State of Indian secularism. When a lady police constable wrote a poem about molestation by peaceful youth that day Mahesh Bhatt and Bollywood libtards called her communal, agitated for her sacking. No libtard or moderate Muslim ever condemned Raza Academy for the violence unleashed that day.

Image result for azad maidan riots

This country can only be saved by Modi and BJP rule for the next 50 years, bare minimum. Indian peacefuls are right now agitated because Modi sarkar is a chowkidaar against Islamization of India. The war will continue, they will neither live in peace nor let others live in peace. 

@Clarke something major is coming, maybe partition or civil war or apartheid....maybe not in our lifetimes but 100 years down the line. 190 million peacefuls growing at a rapid rate, how long do you think they will tolerate being ruled by the majority dharmics? Let us not delude ourselves, as the Buddhist monks said:

Image result for buddhist islam dog

Edited by Gollum

^ neither of us can predict what the world will be like a century later. Hopefully religion will not have as much of importance in day to day life, at least in the public sphere. 

2 child policy addresses many real concerns besides the hypothetical violent secession movement of a community once it reaches a certain percent of population.

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

^ neither of us can predict what the world will be like a century later. 

But we can learn from history. Our medieval period, fall of Vijaynagar, Muslim League, 1947....history goes in cycles. 

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

^ neither of us can predict what the world will be like a century later. Hopefully religion will not have as much of importance in day to day life, at least in the public sphere. 

2 child policy addresses many real concerns besides the hypothetical violent secession movement of a community once it reaches a certain percent of population.

Religion is most important in life of desert cult followers even the most educated of them.  Namaz is more important for them than their work.  Recently, I was dealing with a Muslim CA who left our important work just to do his namaz.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Religion is most important in life of desert cult followers even the most educated of them.  Namaz is more important for them than their work.  Recently, I was dealing with a Muslim CA who left our important work just to do his namaz.

By 'desert cult followers', I take it you mean Muslims.

Why is it an either or? The CA could have offered namaz and then come and worked again. What is wrong with that? Many people time their work accordingly. 

You make it sound as if the CA never got back after his prayers.

I suspect you were playing a multiplayer computer game and the CA was on your team and he ditched you at a crucial juncture, and prayed instead.

16 hours ago, someone said:

It was an opportunity for Indian Ms to showcase to rest of world, their tolerance and secularism, and really lead by example. Yet, they have shown little difference from their other countries counterparts despite actually ruling in our country for centuries...

Strange post. Indian elections are not marquee events to 'showcase' certain ideals/ or lack of to the rest of the world.

But since you mention it, I would like to bring to your notice that possibly most Indian Ms (why can't you use the word Muslims?) would have voted for parties whose maniestos do not include building of a religious structure on disputed territory. How much more S do you want Indian Ms to get?

Also "Muslims ruled India" is a bogey the right wing uses to bash all Muslims. Muslims didn't rule India for many years. Foreign invaders, who happened to be Muslims set up their dynasties which ruled India or parts of India. Most Muslim people of the subcontinent have nothing to do with those people.

Edited by Mariyam

On 5/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, Gollum said:

I would never go to a peaceful barber, don't like the idea of them having scissors and razor blades so close to my neck, throat, eyes. ears etc. 

Not even Javed Habib? 

Even him joining the BJP won't change your stance?

:((