India retains Border/Gavaskar Trophy 2018-19

Cricketics

19 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

True that. Can’t be fooled by the history. They will go all out to save the series. They have problems like they had after first test. We should just not focus on their problems but worry about strengthening ourselves.  Lets see how the conditons look like.

Regardless of how many spinners we take, Jadeja should play ahead of Ashwin. If this does not happen, I won’t be happy with Kohli and co.

Ashwin is injured. Even if he is fully fit, I would play Jadeja. Ashwin is impatient sometimes and tries carrom ball too often. Jadeja has performed his role in this test. If we are playing 2 seamers, I would also look at the Kuldeep option. He can prove to be the dagger to the Aussie hopes. Aus will be fully focused on winning in Sydney and we should maintain the intensity and momentum into the next test. I don't think it will be a drawn test. So we have to be aggressive and win it 3-1.

6 minutes ago, Lala said:

We wish we had a tour right now over this depleted aussie side :cantstop: Oh boy this is one of the life time opportunities :cantstop:

Sour grapes. Indian batsmen have been below par so far in this series. Indian pace bowlers are the ones who are making a difference. The way Bumrah and Shami are bowling, there is high probability that even Smith and Warner would have made only a bit of difference not much.

Frustrating thing is if they had got the team selection right they would have won in SA and Eng too. Carrying a passenger like pandya in the team, dropping rahane and Bhuvi at crucial junctures , misreading pitch and selecting 2 spinners at Lords..

Finally finally virat got the team right for the 1st and 3rd test and see the result