Pant 1 - Tendulkar 0 : Number of series winning tons in Aus

20 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

What happened in 2003 WC final then. Indian team had the best batting lineup. Sehwag, Ganguly, and even Dravid played a better innings than Sachin. He hit a four and out. If he had stayed with Sehwag, we had a chance. It shows he's a choker when it mattered the most. Lot of people are questioning Kohli's WC performance and regard Dhawan and Rohit as a clutch player. If that is so, why not question Sachin.

Say all you want about 2011 WC but it took a clutch innings from Dhoni to finish it. If it wasnt for Yuvi, Dhoni and Raina, India wouldn't have won the cup. Dhoni is an obviously inferior player to Sachin, but when it comes to pulling the trigger Dhoni is a better matchwinner. You will miss him when hes gone. One can only hope DK, Pant, and Pandya carry his legacy of finishing games. I cannot recall how many times we lost 50-50 matches before Dhoni. We were called always a bridesmaid never the bride for a while.

12 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Sachin vs Pak 2003 was not a knockout match. We had already qualified by that stage. 2011 was an ugly innings by everyone. In terms of impact, that match was won because of Sehwag's blistering start, Raina and Harbhajan's clutch finish and all our bowlers contributing to the win. I will say the bowling won us the match 260 was a sh1t score. And btw sachin was dropped 5 times lol

Isn't India vs Pak in a major tournament the biggest game in International cricket?? 

29 minutes ago, SrinjayDutta said:

But still those runs were crucial. Nobody asked greenbros to drop them. Sachin was struggling but intermittently timing very well also, a strange kind of innings.

Both Sachin and the greenbros choked. I could see how much the pressure got to him after Sehwag got out. Dhoni was also poor. Our batting was shabby and we won because of our bowling and fielding. Its just a matter of how much in a pressure situation. Sehwag, Raina, Harbhajan, Munaf, Zaheer, Nehra, Yuvi (bowling) were clutch. Only Wahab Riaz, Chuckmal and Afridi to some extent were clutch.

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Both Sachin and the greenbros choked. I could see how much the pressure got to him after Sehwag got out. Dhoni was also poor. Our batting was shabby and we won because of our bowling and fielding. Its just a matter of how much in a pressure situation. Sehwag, Raina, Harbhajan, Munaf, Zaheer, Nehra, Yuvi (bowling) were clutch. Only Wahab Riaz, Chuckmal and Afridi to some extent were clutch.

The most crucial bit in that match was raina's cameo imo. Bowlers were brilliant, even munaf Patel :hysterical:

35 minutes ago, SrinjayDutta said:

Best examples of Sachin's clutch innings is: 1998 desert storm and 2008 cb series. He got crucial wickets in Adilaede and Eden tests. If you remember Compaq cup 2009 final, he played well.

Still those were not WC innings. Can you beat Ricky Ponting's 140 in a WC final. Desert storm was great but they didnt have Mcgrath and Gillespie. It pains me when some people mention CB series as a monumental achievement. Havent other teams win traingular or multinational tournaments in India. Yes he did well in that series.

Compaq cup? LOL. I don't even remember it. Its that obscure. Kohli gets a lot of flak for winning cycle agarbathi series and laying an egg in WCs. Supposedly Dhawan and Rohit are better in WC. Why not make the same case for Sachin

4 hours ago, speedheat said:

Op must be the hundredth fake id generated by electronic machine like you..

Shamelessly bringing irrelevant topics into discussions when you can't defend  the most useless wicket keeper bat in test matches for India..pant is hell-bent in exposing that fraudster now. Deal with it!

Warning:,Kindly refresh your c.p.u. Now.

BOT... :phehe:

Welcome back BOT. Been long time.. finally out of your little hole.:hysterical: 

Presenter says - He didnt hit the winning run, didnt take a wicket, didnt take a game changing catch but was little more than a spectator in the WC final in Mumbai.

What an insult :phehe: Thats a diplomatic way of saying he was useless in the final. I would go on to say he choked to a wide delivery of the best bowler in the opposition. Im sure the presenter was removed by Sachin phans constantly getting triggered :laugh:

Edited by Real McCoy
5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Presenter says - He didnt hit the winning run, didnt take a wicket, didnt take a game changing catch but was little more than a spectator in the WC final in Mumbai.

What an insult :phehe: Thats a diplomatic way of saying he was useless in the final. I would go on to say he choked to a wide delivery of the best bowler in the opposition. Im sure the presenter was removed by Sachin phans constantly getting triggered :laugh:

yes he should have learned proper forward defence/how to play the moving ball from the technically adept MSD. 

On 1/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, Real McCoy said:

I'm also sure Pant wont choke in a WC final like Sachin. SRT in WC final appearance - 2. Chokes - 2. :biggrin:

that's the nature of batting on the front line at the top of the order against the hard moving ball vs ATGs like McGrath and Malinga. Hard to understand for people who's hero hides behind top order in an attempt to: 

i) inflate his own career stats and brand value with piddly not outs

ii) knock off winning runs after real batsmen done the hard work 

iii) when team lose- he can blame it on the top order. Just like he did in 2015 WC semi final loss vs Australia. He blamed loss on top order failure....sums up Dhoni's character perfectly

and oh yeah Sachin giving his wicket away cheaply in 2003 final had nothing to do with his bowlers conceding 350 plus runs.