Pakistan's ongoing cricket streaks

Gollum

13 hours ago, Vijy said:

peak kohli and peak chepu were better than peak babar.

It's an Aghast, Cardinal sin, Ghor Apradh to even mention this stat padders name in the same breath of Kohli & Tendulkar. 

Pakistani fans were delusional, but these days they are down right insane and should be sent to mental asylum. 

1 hour ago, Sean Bradley said:

It's an Aghast, Cardinal sin, Ghor Apradh to even mention this stat padders name in the same breath of Kohli & Tendulkar. 

Pakistani fans were delusional, but these days they are down right insane and should be sent to mental asylum. 

it will not help them. mental hospitals are there to help people with involuntary illnesses and conditions, not someone who willingly indulges in fantasies and delusions

4 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Why only them? I can even forgive their delusions for a hot minute. After the WC I read a post from a mod here asking what Pakistan are doing right since they seem stacked with talent. It was a reality check like this one over the past month that i was waiting for without responding then.

5 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Why only them? I can even forgive their delusions for a hot minute. After the WC I read a post from a mod here asking what Pakistan are doing right since they seem stacked with talent. It was a reality check like this one over the past month that i was waiting for without responding then.

you can respond to them now. but there is the caveat that Pak is a good T20 team, and very bad at tests

7 hours ago, Number said:

Time for another update.

Lol, thanks for reminding me of my thread from 4-5 years back. Promptly updated the OP. 

Some things have changed like they broke their T20 WC streak against us in Dubai, also the Asia Cup losing streak against us. Both in T20Is. Now 0-8 in WCs and their record in southern hemisphere got more embarrassing, 18 matches losing streak in tests below the equator, unbelievable!!!

Yes 17-0 in Australia and 18-0 in the southern hemisphere are embarassing but the most humiliating thing is that they haven't played a single ODI world cup final in this century. 24 years of playing in a marquee tournament with barely 5 good teams and still they haven't made it to a single final. And even more embarassing thing is that they've reached the SF just once lol. :hysterical:

6 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

They've won 2 actually. The first in 2013.  Ever since then, Saffers have lost their hold over PAK. Prior to that 2013 series, RSA used to crush Pakistan in ODI's everywhere.

Afridi hit a huge six in Joburg in that series..  Lost that Pink game though. 

Won the decider by 1 run to create history for them.  Bilawal Bhatti used to be there lmao. 

SA then returned the favour & won the away series in UAE a month or so later & won the series by a 1 run margin too lol. 

In 2018 under Sarfraz lost the series 3-2..  When he called phelku abe Kaale:hysterical:

Then beat a weak SA C team during IPL..  2-1 in 2021.

Fakhar run out by Qdk in Pink ODI comes to mind....  Pee Pee was fuming that day  Outrageous knock though. 

46 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Afridi hit a huge six in Joburg in that series..  Lost that Pink game though. 

Won the decider by 1 run to create history for them.  Bilawal Bhatti used to be there lmao. 

SA then returned the favour & won the away series in UAE a month or so later & won the series by a 1 run margin too lol. 

In 2018 under Sarfraz lost the series 3-2..  When he called phelku abe Kaale:hysterical:

Then beat a weak SA C team during IPL..  2-1 in 2021.

Fakhar run out by Qdk in Pink ODI comes to mind....  Pee Pee was fuming that day  Outrageous knock though. 

That six was in early 2013 in South Africa which Saffers won 3-2.

This was followed by a return series in UAE when Saffers absolutely humiliated Pakistan 4-1.

They then played a short 3 match series in November which is the one that Pakistan won 2-1. 

24 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

That six was in early 2013 in South Africa which Saffers won 3-2.

This was followed by a return series in UAE when Saffers absolutely humiliated Pakistan 4-1.

They then played a short 3 match series in November which is the one that Pakistan won 2-1. 

oh yes...  Pak definately had the wood over them since that win in ICC events.

Prior to this recent nail biter win in WC Where SA almost choked..  CT13 was probably last time they won vs Pak..  Almost a 10 year gap to recent win. 

Btw Current SA limited overs side is bloody good..  And SA20 has unleashed more talent in a single season than PSL or heck even IPL cannot boast of. 

They had a dip in 2019-2022 (inc WC 2019 humiliation) but they are back in limited overs at least. 

I would be pissed off at Shaheen Afridi, if I am from Pakistan. This bozo was supposed to lead the bowling attack in Australia.

All he did was show how crappy bowler he is in test cricket.How in world did this guy win ICC player of the year is a mystery for me.

9 hours ago, putrevus said:

I would be pissed off at Shaheen Afridi, if I am from Pakistan. This bozo was supposed to lead the bowling attack in Australia.

All he did was show how crappy bowler he is in test cricket.How in world did this guy win ICC player of the year is a mystery for me.

He is still a good bowler with new ball under overcast conditions. That's why he is successful in T20's when he can use the new ball for 50% to 75% of his quota.

Once the ball gets 4 over old and conditions dry up, he just gives up the challenge and start to bowl within himself.

9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

He is still a good bowler with new ball under overcast conditions. That's why he is successful in T20's when he can use the new ball for 50% to 75% of his quota.

Once the ball gets 4 over old and conditions dry up, he just gives up the challenge and start to bowl within himself.

For that you don't win ICC player of the year. The award gets cheapened by these bozos in ICC giving to these sort of players.

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

For that you don't win ICC player of the year. The award gets cheapened by these bozos in ICC giving to these sort of players.

As good as bumrah has been, he is the sole reason why we lost wtc 2021 final. Siraj was in form abd was dropped. 

He cost us 2017 final.

He did bad in semis vs nz 2023.