India has no chance of scoring 350 plus

putrevus

Just now, bahubali said:

Did you saw match bloddy due to small boundary and drop catches and edges he hits 2 4s. The only one in entire match he connected it went for 6 in 49 the over . In 44 the and 46th overs he played 4 and 3 dot balls. There were no any boundary between 42- 46 the over. Imran who the hell play dot balls between 45 to 50 overs. If it's not for Jadhav firework and had Rayadu survived with dhoni for few more over Jamanat jabt ho jati thi apni.

Dhoni didn't bat that great.  But at this point, we can't expect him to score much faster than run-a-ball really.  That's why he should bat behind Jadhav, Pandya, DK etc - especially if we are batting first.

2 minutes ago, Selfish Sachin Stinks said:

Stop talking crap

When selfish sachin played india rarely crossed 350 bec of his tuk tuk style

Tendulkar's scoring rate was head and shoulders above his peers - in his own team and across the world.  It was a different scoring era back then. Get lost with your ignorant bias. 

2 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

When kohli came our average was almost 6.  When he got out our average was same. 

He played half of the deliveries.

If worlds best batsman is playing at such strike rate  how you can blame raydu who was scoring at the same rate.  Sometime kohli gets away just because of his stature.

Rayudu wasn't super guility yesterday. Only in his last 10-15 deliveries he was clearly being selfish.  

Primary responsibility for the lower than ideal score is on the much glorified openers.

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This is not really true - IIRC statistics show that the score is usually doubled around the 27 over mark, not the 30th.  

And its a question of simple math - Top order wants to eat 180 balls  - 60% of the deliveries, to score less than 50% of the eventual total, and you still want to blame the middle order.  Yes, sometimes it IS the middle order that's responsible.  But a lot of times the top order digs the team into an unnecessary hole, and they never get called out on it.  

Because the fans and media are "analysing" cricket at a basic ignorant level.  Banjo, chewtiya bana rahe hai sabko. 

In the immortal words of the Pakistani aunty - Yeh bik gayi hai gormint!

Man the only saving grace in our basting is top order it's unfortunate if you are unable to see glaring issue no one need media to understand what crap we are served in middle order. If you think top order is issue replace them with power hitter and see how our scintillating middle order pile up 350-400 every match. Top order may play a bit faster but looking at pathetic middle order you can't blame them  to be a bit cautious and around 6 run rate till 30 the over are considered great start so if you still feel it's top order wich is issue I rest my case.

Edited by bahubali
1 minute ago, Selfish Sachin Stinks said:

He was a tuk tuk guy who let Sehqag do all the scoring and risks

Similar to how Dhawan does now for selfish Rohit

Remember also sachin was worst ever Indian captain and got mad at KKD for scoring winning runs

You have some serious issues brother.  Get yourself some help.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Dhoni didn't bat that great.  But at this point, we can't expect him to score much faster than run-a-ball really.  That's why he should bat behind Jadhav, Pandya, DK etc - especially if we are batting first.

And that's what the issue just to accommodate his bs in middle order and to overcompensate his slow basting everyone shall play accordingly. Don't you think it's injustice to others.

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think they are saving wickets for slog overs. Rohit is only culprit, Dhawan and Kohli don't waste too many deliveries.Rohit is incapable of doing better as his batting is built on scoring boundaries and lot of dot balls.

Problem is Rohit is the only guy in this team who is capable of top gear.

My main issue is with Rohit anyway . Yes he’s easily the cleanest hitter in the team , but if you want to use that he has to play down the order . If his utility is only one in 20 games on flat pitches where he will play through the innings then it’s kind a pointless cos he’s hurting the team more often than helping . There is a reason we lose quite a lot of games even when he scores hundreds . It’s quite simple , if we are saying the top3 are so far superior than the middle order then one of them has to drop down and play at least at 4 . Rayudu is average by our general batting standards but I bet you open with him , he will consistently give you better starts than we are getting now . Some one like pant can take the game away in 10 overs , we definitely need one such opener . Just need a 35 averaging 110 SR opener , am sure 350+ scores will come 

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

I don't know why Kohli was looking pleased with that performance. Indian middle order again could not capitalize on the good start provided by openers.Even if one of the top three plays for 50 overs , they have no chance of setting up 350 plus totals .We can forget chasing bigger totals.

What was appalling yesterday that Indians could not find one boundary in 4 overs from 42nd to 46th.Dhoni it is very clear has no ability to find boundaries on a regular basis.Rayudu has to go.

With Dhoni shamelessly hanging on and hell bent of ruining India's chances of winning world cup. Is India better off playing five frontline bowlers along with Jadhav  and hope to restrict other team from scoring.

Pity is other than these two bozos along with Karthik India has very good team.It has all the bases covered.I really hope Gill is given a chance and is good enough to replace Rayudu.

I don't see a way out...this is going to be our World Cup line up. Khuda na Khasta if the top order fails it will struggle to go past 250 forget 350. The saving grace will be our bowling...in today's game if we had 2014 bowling line up we would have lost. Still I think India will make it to knock out SF but Rayudu's and Dhoni's are too big a baggage to carry if they want to win the Cup.

Some People saying top 3 are too slow which is one of the reasons for not scoring 350 ,while I agree a bit but after delving on this topic I feel its other way .

I think they feel it's their responsibility to take just that extra bit of time because they know how poor our middle order has been after the wc 2015 ,they feel they have to stay till the end for scoring to be faster and score a bare minimum of 300 because if they get out (trying to score quickly) by mid innings ,India would stutter to even reach that bare minimum of 300 with this putrid middle order .

Earlier we had the luxury of players like peak dhoni ,raina ,yuvi not anymore , we used to score 350+ with even after 5 5-6 rpo starts and it's common in odis for other teams as well to get 350 even after getting starts of 5-6 rpo till 25 overs with wkts in hand 

7 hours ago, jusarrived said:

My main issue is with Rohit anyway . Yes he’s easily the cleanest hitter in the team , but if you want to use that he has to play down the order . If his utility is only one in 20 games on flat pitches where he will play through the innings then it’s kind a pointless cos he’s hurting the team more often than helping . There is a reason we lose quite a lot of games even when he scores hundreds . It’s quite simple , if we are saying the top3 are so far superior than the middle order then one of them has to drop down and play at least at 4 . Rayudu is average by our general batting standards but I bet you open with him , he will consistently give you better starts than we are getting now . Some one like pant can take the game away in 10 overs , we definitely need one such opener . Just need a 35 averaging 110 SR opener , am sure 350+ scores will come 

You referring to Dhoni?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8676/scorecard/754749/australia-vs-india-2nd-match-carlton-mid-one-day-international-tri-series-2014-15

Scores 138(139) against a rampaging Starc when the rest of the top order sucked. Dhoni comes in at 6 in a relatively comfortable position at 185/4 and scores 19(31). Australia chase down the total in 49 overs.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/11287/scorecard/903593/india-vs-south-africa-1st-odi-south-africa-tour-of-india-2015-16

Scores 150(133) chasing 303 against Steyn/Morkel/Rabada but Dhoni messes up the chase by scoring 1 boundary in 30 balls in the slog overs.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18693/scorecard/1144997/australia-vs-india-1st-odi-india-in-aus-2018-19

Scores 133 (129) chasing 285 (again with very little help from the rest of the top order) but Dhoni at the other end is playing for a draw with 51 off 96.

Seems like the Indian Ahmad Shehzad has been screwed many times by the Indian Misbah ul Haq :((.

Edited by Jimmy Cliff
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I don't think Rayudu is capabble of doing any better against good bowling, he is limited player.Dhoni is done , when team needed 10 plus over Dhoni was taking leisure singles.

I would not blame top order that much for not going gun blazing from ball one as they know they don't have any one else to finish the innings. It proved yesterday once Kohli got out both Rayudu and Dhoni looked lost and I am tired of this nonsense that Dhoni is needed to marshall bowlers. 

Jadhav needs to be given bigger role and Pandya if he playing should always come ahead of Dhoni. Pant should have given a chance to play at no 4. He is a leftie also which is big plus.

This.everybody in the team knows that dhoni is done ,especially the top 3 .they are not blind to this fact that the middle order is horrible,raydud,current dhoni,kdk are not good enough to play for India as pure batsmen but it's like everybody including the selectors and TM have accepted this fact and just praying that this experience over youth funda works for this WC 

28 minutes ago, bahubali said:

And that's what the issue just to accommodate his bs in middle order and to overcompensate his slow basting everyone shall play accordingly. Don't you think it's injustice to others.

This is not about Dhoni.  Ideally, he shouldn't even come to bat in a 50 over game - he should be no higher than #7.  He's in the team as a quality 'keeper and his batting is an insurance policy for collapses.  thats it.  

But you can't let the openers off the hook for being selfish and eating up bulk of the dot-balls we can afford in an ODI.  They are consistently eating more than their share, on the promise that they will "go big" and make it up later.  Other teams have shown that there is another way to construct a team innings in an ODI.  

Do you really think that Jason Roy, Billings, Alex Hales etc are "better" batsman than Rohit, Dhawan and co?  How is it that they are able to regularly score more than 170 runs in the 1st 150 balls of an ODI?  Because they don't wait to cross 100 before attacking the bowlers.  Their role is defined as the guys who have the responsibility of targeting 7 RPO at the start of an innings, and if they are good enough to manage the risk and score a century, then its good. 

All batsmen up and down the order would want the luxury of "getting their eye in" and taking their time.   Why should Rohit be allowed to constantly be 25(40) and that too in a 3 fielder power-play, while all the middle order batsmen are crucified even if they are about run-a-ball?  

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Do you really think that Jason Roy, Billings, Alex Hales etc are "better" batsman than Rohit, Dhawan and co?  How is it that they are able to regularly score more than 170 runs in the 1st 150 balls of an ODIBecause they don't wait to cross 100 before attacking the bowle

First of all not regularly second look at eng firepower they have middle order of butler, Morgan, Ali and stokes that's the primary reason their opners goes all guns blazing

Secondly out of Rohit and dhawan dhwan doesn't waste ball, about Rohit we always know he ll take time but once he sets he make up for it his SR is 272 in last 10 overs so can't really complain there. Look at the India winning percentage when top 3 perform. Having said that Rohit can be a bit quick in his approach but that's not the issue in middle order you need players who can consolidate as well as play fast at the fag end an you really don't need someone who play dots or take singles between 45-50 over 

Edited by bahubali
1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

I have been long time critic if Rohit and his approach but he can't be blamed now, he has this set formula and he is delivering quite consistently these days.

Having said that, I would love Shaw opening for Ind in ODIs as well very soon .

57 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I have been long time critic if Rohit and his approach but he can't be blamed now, he has this set formula and he is delivering quite consistently these days.

Having said that, I would love Shaw opening for Ind in ODIs as well very soon .

he will be but in place of sikhar dhawan