Will you accept Shashi Tharoor as Leader of Congress with open heart?

Alam_dar

Tharoor is simply not a mass leader....

See he works hard and does well in his constituency. 

But thats about it. Political capital is nothing beyond that.

Of the 7 assembly segments that make up his lok sabha sear cpm won 6 and congress 1. In three of those congress came third.

So when his own fort is not secure, how can he be leader of a party?

On 2/8/2019 at 8:54 PM, maniac said:

They have a problem speaking in basic English, how will they even understand what the hell he is saying.

+ +. Just imagining a scenario like Tharoor speaking in parliament of Pakistan and all of them parliamentarians sitting with a dictionary and then later going in a huddle with Journalists and English lectureres of Their Unis to figure out what he said. 

Back to op, His learning , ideology and leaning is all from West. He can not understand basics of local Indian mentality and even if someone tutors him he can’t speak correctly with local Indian people.

21 minutes ago, mishra said:

+ +. Just imagining a scenario like Tharoor speaking in parliament of Pakistan and all of them parliamentarians sitting with a dictionary and then later going in a huddle with Journalists and English lectureres of Their Unis to figure out what he said. 

Back to op, His learning , ideology and leaning is all from West. He can not understand basics of local Indian mentality and even if someone tutors him he can’t speak correctly with local Indian people.

I simply cannot stand to listen to him for > 2 sentences.  The accent truly grates on me.  But then again, it may just be my bias stemming from growing up in a society where English-speaking ability was considered a sign of intelligence (:puke:)

34 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You may like him or dislike him but that man is not a murderer.

We may have lot of disagreements about things but us people of Indian origin still have basic decency.

We are not wired to do this stuff.

20 minutes ago, Khota said:

You may like him or dislike him but that man is not a murderer.

We may have lot of disagreements about things but us people of Indian origin still have basic decency.

We are not wired to do this stuff.

What is chargesheet for? 
It is like you making Modi responsible for 300000 deaths, without any proof. At least I have some chargesheet to believe that he is responsible for coercing his wife to commit suicide

Why is people’s origins coming here in discussing crime facts (chargesheet) ? I am also a person of Indian origin, I have an OCI card to prove. 

Edited by coffee_rules

13 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

What is chargesheet for? 
It is like you making Modi responsible for 300000 deaths, without any proof. At least I have some chargesheet to believe that he is responsible for coercing his wife to commit suicide

Why is people’s origins coming here in discussing crime facts (chargesheet) ? I am also a person of Indian origin, I have an OCI card to prove. 

I am not making Modi responsible for deaths. Mismanagement of crisis yes.

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This article is from 2018.

Wasn't there an SIT that exonerated Tharoor of all charges levelled against him?

IIRC the charges were 498 A ( husband/relatives subjecting a woman to cruelty) and 306 (abetment to suicide).

None of the charges that were flashed around in the media: him conspiring and having his wife killed were levied by the court.

Tharoor didn't kill his wife but the hotel  room he was staying in at that time costed close to 30k per day. Don't MPs have government allotted accommodation? Why was this guy staying in a hotel, that too such a super expensive one? The guy is elitist, out of touch, and too caught up in showing off his vocabulary. 

3 minutes ago, nevada said:

Tharoor didn't kill his wife but the hotel  room he was staying in at that time costed close to 30k per day. Don't MPs have government allotted accommodation? Why was this guy staying in a hotel, that too such a super expensive one? The guy is elitist, out of touch, and too caught up in showing off his vocabulary. 

He could be spending his own money and staying in that hotel. Or maybe his wife's money.

Agree the latter half of your post.

Tharoor is a sophisticated rhetorician intoxicated by the exuberance of his own verbosity.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

This article is from 2018.

Wasn't there an SIT that exonerated Tharoor of all charges levelled against him?

IIRC the charges were 498 A ( husband/relatives subjecting a woman to cruelty) and 306 (abetment to suicide).

None of the charges that were flashed around in the media: him conspiring and having his wife killed were levied by the court.

I didn’t read about any exoneration as yet, court has deferred the order to frame charges to June 16

https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2021/may/19/sunanda-pushkar-case-court-defers-order-on-framing-of-chargesagainst-shashi-tharoor-2304686.html

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

He could be spending his own money and staying in that hotel. Or maybe his wife's money.

Agree the latter half of your post.

Tharoor is a sophisticated rhetorician intoxicated by the exuberance of his own verbosity.

Shakespear in the making.