Ind vs Aus | 3rd ODI | Ranchi, Mar 8 2019 @ 01.30 PM !!!

velu

Just now, CSK Fan said:

in his prime dhoni used to rescue the team from such positions regularly. If he cannot even rotate strike now, whose fault is it? Should we give up and go home everytime we are 3 down? 

I don't think even peak Dhoni can rescue in high required rate matches without Yuvi or Raina at the other end. He uses to feed on their ability to score quickly while his job was pretty simple tuk tuk or take a single without any worries of scoreboard.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

You have to factor in India lacks big hitters right through the line up. Last 4 batsmen can hardly score any run. So 320/7 batsmen. SO any collapse means they will shut shop, same way to prevent collapse they go slow. It got something to do with extremely weak tail and unsettled middle order. In all the 300 plus chases only top 3 has clicked except one occasion where Jadhav made a 100.

How does take away from the fact that Dhawan & Sharma are both dot dot boom dot bust kind of players? They aren't even close to SRT+Dada combo. They don't know how to rotate strike or play out hostile spells in testing conditions & they avg less than what those 2 did 20 years back!

Just now, R!TTER said:

How does take away from the fact that Dhawan & Sharma are both dot dot boom dot bust kind of players? They aren't even close to SRT+Dada combo. They don't know how to rotate strike or play out hostile spells in testing conditions & they avg less than what those 2 did 20 years back!

yes. That is one area they should work on. Taking quick singles like Gambhir and Sehwag. Although Sehwag didn't exactly do that well in ODI, he was good with taking singles.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

I don't think even peak Dhoni can rescue in high required rate matches without Yuvi or Raina at the other end. He uses to feed on their ability to score quickly while his job was pretty simple tuk tuk or take a single without any worries of scoreboard.

Well i guess I was remembering the 303 chase vs Sri Lanka where Dhoni socred 183 not out and no other batsmen crossed 40. He did come at 1 down. Dhoni made a name for himself by that match, that and 100 against Pak was his start of his super stardom. 

I Just want INdia to put up a fight. These are all valuable lessons. Trust me it will be very good for INdia. India went into 2003 world cup in the worst frame of mind possible after struggling in NZ. They started doing well there with battle hardened mind. Two close wins for INdia. Now tough situation to be in. Don't want easy wins at home. It will give us false confidence.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Gonna take a break here. Will watch when Hitman and Gabbar start. What an opening combo. I'm expecting 40/0 after 10 in a flat pitch. They take the pitch out of the eqaution when it comes to such starts :lol:

Predicted it. But we lost 3 wickets :phehe:

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I Just want INdia to put up a fight. These are all valuable lessons. Trust me it will be very good for INdia. India went into 2003 world cup in the worst frame of mind possible after struggling in NZ. They started doing well there with battle hardened mind. Two close wins for INdia. Now tough situation to be in. Don't want easy wins at home. It will give us false confidence.

:facepalm: 

Just now, R!TTER said:

Actually we're struggling at home, that worries me the most. This could well be 2007 all over again :cantstop:

Based on that England should get their ass kicked as well? They only drew against Windies. Australia lost 2 close games. They have been losing for  long time. Just do a little research on W/L ratio of ll the countries. India is far and above any other country.

4 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Well i guess I was remembering the 303 chase vs Sri Lanka where Dhoni socred 183 not out and no other batsmen crossed 40. He did come at 1 down. Dhoni made a name for himself by that match, that and 100 against Pak was his start of his super stardom. 

That was a very young Dhoni with opposition knowing nothing about his game.. besides he changed his game later for longevity because he was smart enough to understand with the kind of technique he had he cannot pull off such innings throughout his career and I am glad he did, otherwise he could've been another Afridi.

Edited by Pollack