Speed & Performance of Indian and Foreign Speed Merchants in IPL 2019

vishalvirsingh

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Yes ,im disappointed with him showing this kind of dejection,yes we knew he had an outside chance of getting selected,but it was never ever inevitable,he should have been prepared for this,lets hope he regains his intensity once again and grabs his national test spot,he will im sure

Why you are assuming this? Possible he might have sone niggle.

14 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Among  the old time west Indians he reminds me of Winston davies

Run up is similar but I do find similarities between bouncers of Roberts and Archer

Roberts could bowl a bouncer from the awkward. Moreover, Roberts could bowl a fast bouncer as well as slower bouncer with almost similar action which used to fool the batsmen regarding pace. Archer is similar in that way. His bouncers too are accurate, deadly and wicket taking.

One difference that I notice though is that Roberts started  at lower speed before he made his debut, but upped his pace significantly in just couple of years. Archer is fast right before his international debut

KP , Lee and Swann were profusely praising the fitness and pace of Shami and other current Indian fast bowlers especially under Kohli.

KP says something like,  " The Indian quicks were ringing up the speedometer in the last Australia series, weren't they.  140s , 150s and that helps. "

Lee says something like,  " Yes, they were matching the speeds of the Australians "

The younger lot of cricketers, aged under 50, are usually bereft of " stereotype biases ".  This include Gambhir, Ganguly, Nehra, Kumble, Lee, Clark, Warne, Slater, Sanga,  Bishop, KP, Swann,  Cork, Butcher, Collingwood etc.

Edited by express bowling

25 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

I guess both are deceptive .One of the things about Archer is how  accurate he is .Even if he didn't have the pace he still would have been an useful bowler.

he stays very straight when he is delivering the ball and body does not fall away and he natural pace, does not have to put all his body to generate pace.

2 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Archer reminds me of Andy Roberts in some skill sets. Any  other old timers who watched both these bowlers feel the same ?

i wish that archer is not selected to represent England in the world cup and england pick sam curran and stokes as all rounder.

Archer bowls at 150 K with a 6 step run up..- DEADLY PACE, Dangerous bowler.