Do you feel ashamed to have ever supported Arvind Kejriwal?

Ankit_sharma03

31 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Well Kejru has very impressive CV for a CM but like majority of the leaders I don't think he is non Corrupt.  Apart from late Manohar Parrikar I don't trust that there are clean politicians. 

I like the way Kejriwal uses common issues to appeal his voters.  AAP overall has decent potential in states like Punjab J&K where this kind of politics can work effectively.  But I think kejriwal lacks vision & is mostly Delhi centric. 

I disagree. At top India has been fortunate to have honest leaders but rest of the society is rotten.

In Punjab he has appeal because he is honest. Badals are a dynasty and that is never good for the state/country. 

I think he has the vision but as far as vision is concerned no one comes close to Narsimha Rao/ MMS combo.

29 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

I dont understand IITians' obsession with UPSC(IAS, IFS, IRS). There is Sundar Pichai (IITian) who is ceo of Google and there are many IITians becoming IAS, IPS working under politicians. Mentioning in this thread only because Kejriwal's education is being mentioned again and again. And this is genuine question. IIT is tough, Working your ass off throughout those 4 years just to read History, Polity after College to become Babu. I find it very baffling.

Neither do I. This whole culture of IAS has ruined India.

Kejriwal is an opportunist of highest order. Still remember the Anna Hazare movement and how he said he will never join politics as all politicians are corrupt. Then he used that movement as a spring board and formed his own political party. Not sure how can people support such person.

55 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Kejriwal is an opportunist of highest order. Still remember the Anna Hazare movement and how he said he will never join politics as all politicians are corrupt. Then he used that movement as a spring board and formed his own political party. Not sure how can people support such person.

It is not a problem in my opinion. Minds of people may change with time. Kajriwal has the right too to change his opinion and if he feels he could make a difference in politics, then it is ok.

But what should not be Ok is this if he himself starts corruption through politics. 

So question is, if he has become a corrupt person after coming to politics? 

24 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

It is not a problem in my opinion. Minds of people may change with time. Kajriwal has the right too to change his opinion and if he feels he could make a difference in politics, then it is ok.

But what should not be Ok is this if he himself starts corruption through politics. 

So question is, if he has become a corrupt person after coming to politics? 

No he has not. Neither is Modi personally corrupt to be fair.

Don't want to get into all the political talk here, but what is with the constant bigging up of IITians?

@Khota IITians apply en masse to IAS because their formative years have ensured that they are adept at rote learning. Many start their coaching at 8th grade. Why are you so surprised?

Being an IITian means only one thing. That you were/are good at clearing some entrance exam. Period. Of course there are good IITians, and many of them are innovative and achievers in their own right. But the average IITian is just another student. Having worked with many, I've noticed that most of them have a huge chip on their shoulders. And a par venu inferiority complex and the need to put down students of other streams/ engineering colleges.

Edited by Mariyam

22 hours ago, Khota said:

Neither do I. This whole culture of IAS has ruined India.

Well, it has 'ruined" India will be exaggeration but I agree something is definitely wrong. For once I can agree with unemployed guys preparing it for with their spare time, I have seen many guys leaving their lucrative jobs overseas coming back to country and preparing for it. I was watching interview of one guy who topped in 2019 and he had settled job in South Korea and he was IITian. I have nothing against him and kudos to his dedication (1 yr of prep +1 yr of exam), My question is what makes them to opt for such career changing decision for one revered government post? It is risky as well. 

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Don't want to get into all the political talk here, but what is with the constant bigging up of IITians?

@Khota IITians apply en masse to IAS because their formative years have ensured that they are adept at rote learning. Many start their coaching at 8th grade. Why are you so surprised?

Being an IITian means only one thing. That you were/are good at clearing some entrance exam. Period. Of course there are good IITians, and many of them are innovative and achievers in their own right. But the average IITian is just another student. Having worked with many, I've noticed that most of them have a huge chip on their shoulders. And a par venu inferiority complex and the need to put down students of other streams/ engineering colleges.

I tried and I failed to get into IIT but have no regrets. I think you can become a damn good engineer without going to IIT because there are plenty of good colleges. Having said that IAS is regurgitate exam, IIT requires some critical analysis ability. It is not that staright forward of an exam. Physics and Math are tough so I do respect those who got into IIT because they were better than I was.

But majority of IIT students are very very good.

8 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Well, it has 'ruined" India will be exaggeration but I agree something is definitely wrong. For once I can agree with unemployed guys preparing it for with their spare time, I have seen many guys leaving their lucrative jobs overseas coming back to country and preparing for it. I was watching interview of one guy who topped in 2019 and he had settled job in South Korea and he was IITian. I have nothing against him and kudos to his dedication (1 yr of prep +1 yr of exam), My question is what makes them to opt for such career changing decision for one revered government post? It is risky as well. 

Ruined India is an understatement. It really has. A country is on wrong track if the brightest want to be part of bureaucracy. That explains India still does not have a semicounductor industry whereas Taiwan and Korea are thriving.

I even dont know of one TV designed in India.

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

How does their formative years ensure that they are better at rote learning? 

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Studying/working/graduating from IIT gives you pre assigned credibility. Similar to working at Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon etc. 

Can only blow those pom poms for so long before it starts getting stale.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

27 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

How does their formative years ensure that they are better at rote learning? 

That's what entrance tests are reduced to in India. Across streams. The entrance tests for the NLUs or the IIMs are no different.

You learn a concept. You learn 20 possible question types that can appear from those concepts. You practice them over and over again. In the case of IITs, the kids start learning from 8th grade.

Over time entrance tests have morphed into events where recall and question recognition is tested and not critical thinking.

That is a form of rote learning.

13 hours ago, Mariyam said:

You can't clear IIT entrance by rote learning.  

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

That's what entrance tests are reduced to in India. Across streams. The entrance tests for the NLUs or the IIMs are no different.

You learn a concept. You learn 20 possible question types that can appear from those concepts. You practice them over and over again. In the case of IITs, the kids start learning from 8th grade.

Over time entrance tests have morphed into events where recall and question recognition is tested and not critical thinking.

That is a form of rote learning.

Solving Physics and Maths problem (often a new problem) is far from rote learning. No one can solve those questions by question recognition. 

Chemistry requires memorizing to some extent. 

If anything it is one exam which require least bit of rote learning and maximum understanding and applications of concepts. 

What does critical thinking mean?

On 5/20/2019 at 9:28 AM, Gollum said:

Dude do you live in India presently? I gather you haven't been up to date with Indian politics, especially Delhi/AAP related.

If he ever is in a position to lead India that's when I will conclude that India has sunk to a point of no return. I'll summarize about him in one sentence: guy is a pathological liar, a fraud, an anarchist, corrupt, will stoop to any depth to be in limelight, hostile to national security measures, has tied up with Khalistanis/Urban Naxals/Islamists for his selfish reasons.

PS- Time permitting I will document all his crimes in a mega thread. 

hatsoff to your farsightedness ... 

I do.

In 2012 there was an article on Anna Hazare movement so was asked a question at work (lived in US back then) about what was going on. I remember taking about this odd phenomenon and how a people movement has taken over India. Was even more excited when they won decent number of seat and remember thinking democracy is alive. Him taking support of congress just a week later was the end for me. Hate the bugger since then. 

On 7/5/2021 at 11:54 PM, Khota said:

I think he has the vision but as far as vision is concerned no one comes close to Narsimha Rao/ MMS combo.

More than Vision I feel it was our helpless situation which made him take some bold decisions. Ofcourse we again in economical trouble few years down the lane however since Vajpaee became PM we had stability at top and all 3 have to be credited for us being here.