England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Trent Bridge, Nottingham | May 17, 2019 | Match thread |

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Brilliant #4isque knock by Stokes so far. Has brought Eng within striking distance. If the likes of Shankar bat at #4, they may not be able to handle pressure situation so well 

Not sure if Shankar should be written off so easily, especially with bat in hand. 

His bowling is pure cannon fodder, but he's a decent enough batsman.  I know with your Pandya-tinted glasses, you may have trouble seeing it though:p:

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He is not even a hack, if there is slight movement , he will be done but he has such freedom in this line up , he can keep swinging his bat.These pitches need to have something for bowlers or there is no way any team can beat England.

Saw his whole innings. 80% of the time he was hacking away. hardly middled anything. Pakistan's trundlers and fielders made him look better than he was.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He is not even a hack, if there is slight movement , he will be done but he has such freedom in this line up , he can keep swinging his bat.These pitches need to have something for bowlers or there is no way any team can beat England.

My boy Bhuvi can move even the new Kookaburra on the flattest track.  He will nip out Roy and co.  As long as greybeard or Kuptaan Wrogn don't drop dollies behind the wicket.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Not sure if Shankar should be written off so easily, especially with bat in hand. 

His bowling is pure cannon fodder, but he's a decent enough batsman.  I know with your Pandya-tinted glasses, you may have trouble seeing it though:p:

Not tinted at all buddy. Just supporting talented young cricketers .... Now you supported Rayudu for #4 when it was obvious he wasn't going to make it so I do not know what type of glasses you wear. Now Shankar! :p:

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

People ask Why can't Rohit Sharma bat like Jason Roy.He can't he knows his team has no depth.Rohit Sharma does not have game like Kohli who will keep rorating strike.

Not the reason why he bats slow. He bats slow because that's the only way he can bat longer. Otherwise he was popularly known as Maggi. Once he is set be can accelerate. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

This is why your first or 2nd premier batsman has to bat through :)

Errr... What were you saying???  Bat deep is the way to go on flat pitches of England. India is top 3 wickets and game over and even in those top 3 one batsman bats selfishly.

With guys like Rohit and Dhoni, I get a feeling that their first priority is to get to a reasonable personal total first before they can play as per the requirements. In Rohit's case, you do not need 60 balls to get set. If you are in form, you usually continue that in the next game rather than scratching all over again. It is a combination of a lack of ability + the desire to get a reasonable total first before considering the team's requirements, which is a let down for team India

And also playing positively does not imply hitting every ball. But rotate strike, hit the bad balls away, use gaps, etc. ....  Rohit tends to block even perfectly hittable balls

Edited by zen
6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

My boy Bhuvi can move even the new Kookaburra on the flattest track.  He will nip out Roy and co.  As long as greybeard or Kuptaan Wrogn don't drop dollies behind the wicket.

Bhuvi will get murdered in WC unless pitches or most importantly conditions doesn't improve.

Just now, Pollack said:

Errr... What were you saying???  Bat deep is the way to go on flat pitches of England. India is top 3 wickets and game over and even in those top 3 one batsman bats selfishly.

Because as I said even if we are 200/3 after 20 we cannot reach 350. We need Rohit or Kohli to bat through till over number 47-48. Dhawan’s role is to accelerate and most times he won’t survive till 35 overs anyways no matter how he scores.