Shankar va karthik

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually if karthik wants to get in its shud be for jadhav not shankar

Karthik is a lower middle order batsman and shankar middle order batsman. Karthik has no buss batting at 4 

yeah thats the imbalance in the side basically. Shankar cant hit and karthik cant bowl. Similar to Aussies without stoinis.

31 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah thats the imbalance in the side basically. Shankar cant hit and karthik cant bowl. Similar to Aussies without stoinis.

shankar can hit but not at pandya , karthik pace but he can ....Ppl are jumping on him just due to IPL which doesnt matter a lot of times

5 hours ago, bowl_out said:

If DK can do well in crunch situations, why is his mental strength in question?

Can Pujara play a knock like DK in  Nidhihaas final?  

But if one would randomly compare the two. Who would you say has better temperament and mental strength?

Just having the ability to play in certain situations is not great mental strength. You need to have the temperament to be consistent when you are in good form. You need to show the resolve to buckle down and play good innings. Both of which DK lacks.

DK can get a 20 ball 0 on one day but smack good bowlers for an attractive 40 the next. Clearly has talent and ability but there is a reason despite playing 15+ years he has not cemented his place. On the flip side there is a reason why he keeps getting chances for 15 years despite mediocre performances.

But as I said I think DK has the ability and talent much superior to Shankar so would trust him to come good than Shankar.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Can Pujara play a knock like DK in  Nidhihaas final?  

But if one would randomly compare the two. Who would you say has better temperament and mental strength?

Just having the ability to play in certain situations is not great mental strength. You need to have the temperament to be consistent when you are in good form. You need to show the resolve to buckle down and play good innings. Both of which DK lacks.

DK can get a 20 ball 0 on one day but smack good bowlers for an attractive 40 the next. Clearly has talent and ability but there is a reason despite playing 15+ years he has not cemented his place. On the flip side there is a reason why he keeps getting chances for 15 years despite mediocre performances.

But as I said I think DK has the ability and talent much superior to Shankar so would trust him to come good than Shankar.

Lot of rant there. Pujara and DK are good players in Tests and T20s respectively which are completely different formats.

DK's mental strength is strong but concentration is poor. That is probably why he can play good cameos but never play the long innings