Ind vs Pak Pre-Match Discussion (WC19)

zen

37 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

This is shameful from ECB actually. Sirf paisa chahiye gore logo ko. We have much better facilities back home in India. These idiots cant even afford covers or enough ground staffs....aur world cup host karna hai. Waah!

Cant wait for India to smash England now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ECB is viewing WC as a cash cow, not a responsibility.  Its all about what they can extract from it ($$$). 

ECB is viewing WC as a cash cow, not a responsibility.  Its all about what they can extract from it ($$$). 
Correct. But if they cant offer minimum 30 overs play....they need to refund all tickets. It will be ICC refunding though....ECB will be safe

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

From next world cup....ICC must inform boards to build sheds in the stadium. There should be no world cup match that don't have a terrace cover. And if boards cant afford it...they should have no right to host world cup.

Few years back, Bengal association headed by one of India’s greatest captain and one of the games greats, home of one the most iconic stadiums in the world has one of the worst drainage systems and what is worse is couldn’t  even get a super sopper or a helicopter. The ground staff were using the old school sponges :facepalm:

Cricket administration in general is filled with incompetence, corruption and politics

Edited by maniac
32 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

What’s the weather like in Manchester now ?

Reporting from Manchester. It rained heavily during the day here. Stopped raining now. 

The forecast is rain @ 4pm tomorrow.

If the outfield gets ready in time, we should get a match. Needless to say, decision making after winning the toss is vital...

Edited by asterix
Few years back, Bengal association headed by one of India’s greatest captain and one of the games greats, home of one the most iconic stadiums in the world has one of the worst drainage systems and what is worse is couldn’t  even get a super sopper or a helicopter. The ground staff were using the old school sponges :facepalm:

Cricket administration in general is filled with incompetence, corruption and politics
Sorry but what are you trying to imply? I am not only blaming stadiums in UK and agree cricket administration everywhere needs to get better. But then not covering the entire ground in a place like Eng where it almost rains every odd day is a height of mis management. 3 matches in this world cup got abandoned due to wet patches on the field and not for rain. Now its raining in Manchester and even if its sunny tomorrow morning, they cant start the game on time bcoz of wet outfield courtesy overnight rain. By the time groud dries up and umpire comes for inspection, rain reappears. This is happening way too often and its the responsibility of ICC/Hosting boards to ensure proper facility before hosting an event like world cup. And its not only the first time its happening in Eng, it rained in CT 2013 where final became a t20 shootout, Aust got screwed due to rain in CT 2017 etc etc. Many people paid 10 times more than the face value for tickets of this match, fans have travelled many parts of the world specifically for this game. Considering the magnitude of the even ECB should have been more vigilant rather than thinking only about $$$.

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Sorry but what are you trying to imply? I am not only blaming stadiums in UK and agree cricket administration everywhere needs to get better. But then not covering the entire ground in a place like Eng where it almost rains every odd day is a height of mis management. 3 matches in this world cup got abandoned due to wet patches on the field and not for rain. Now its raining in Manchester and even if its sunny tomorrow morning, they cant start the game on time bcoz of wet outfield courtesy overnight rain. By the time groud dries up and umpire comes for inspection, rain reappears. This is happening way too often and its the responsibility of ICC/Hosting boards to ensure proper facility before hosting an event like world cup. And its not only the first time its happening in Eng, it rained in CT 2013 where final became a t20 shootout, Aust got screwed due to rain in CT 2017 etc etc. Many people paid 10 times more than the face value for tickets of this match, fans have travelled many parts of the world specifically for this game. Considering the magnitude of the even ECB should have been more vigilant rather than thinking only about $$$.

I am saying ICC is incompetent to set standards but BCCI which can set a high standard because it owns ICC is equally incompetent as well. We could have shown the world how it is done. Not defending ECB they are obviously useless as well

Ok enough of rain talks...looks like it became a weather forum :giggle:

Lets discuss about the game. Bat first or field first considering the conditions? Ideally should bat considering chasing is difficult in this world cup but there will be something for seamers in the morning.

Tough call??

6 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Ok enough of rain talks...looks like it became a weather forum :giggle:

Lets discuss about the game. Bat first or field first considering the conditions? Ideally should bat considering chasing is difficult in this world cup but there will be something for seamers in the morning.

Tough call??

I thought DL chances are there, so field first with 3 fast men and chahal.

Edited by randomGuy