Nazia Hasan

Trichromatic

There's nothing special about her. Did she have an amazing voice? No. Did she write or compose her own songs? Nope. Just decent girl next door looks.

There are several more talented singers than her in Pakistan.

1 hour ago, Ranvir said:

There's nothing special about her. Did she have an amazing voice? No. Did she write or compose her own songs? Nope. Just decent girl next door looks.

There are several more talented singers than her in Pakistan.

Was probably ahead of her times.

But then Pakistan has actually gone backwards. It was somewhat progressive and liberal in 80s.

If Nazia lived today she would be shot dead after 2-3 songs by some mulla.

11 hours ago, Number said:

Was probably ahead of her times.

But then Pakistan has actually gone backwards. It was somewhat progressive and liberal in 80s.

If Nazia lived today she would be shot dead after 2-3 songs by some mulla.

She faced problems during her time also. Some people didn't like the pop culture made popular by her.

But yeah, she was ahead of her time and one of biggest reason for the pop culture in Pakistan and India.

Made in India song was written for her by composer Biddu, but she refused to do the album. 

She faced problems during her time also. Some people didn't like the pop culture made popular by her.

But yeah, she was ahead of her time and one of biggest reason for the pop culture in Pakistan and India.

Made in India song was written for her by composer Biddu, but she refused to do the album. 
He asked a Pakistani singer to sing "made in India"? That would have been weird.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, nikred said:

He asked a Pakistani singer to sing "made in India"? That would have been weird. emoji54.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Things started changing from mid-80s. Maybe earlier she would have done it. Also she retired too early from her music career.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Things started changing from mid-80s. Maybe earlier she would have done it. Also she retired too early from her music career.

You have a profile pic of Karsan Ghavri and you are posting about  Nazia Hassan the pop sensation. I thought you were in your late 20s- early 30s :hmmmm2:

Nazia was definitely ahead of her time. Her voice, her fashion sense, the pop music really took off in the Sub-continent when she was at her peak. 

But, I wouldn't rate her at the top of pakistani singers, she had a nice voice but nowadays Ali Zafar, Atif Aslam to an extent are better and more talented when it comes to pop singing. And I won't even mention the classical singers of Pakistan since they are the most talented and accomplished singers of the lot.

But she had her charm. Aap Jaisa Koi is still quite fresh to listen to.

5 hours ago, maniac said:

You have a profile pic of Karsan Ghavri and you are posting about  Nazia Hassan the pop sensation. I thought you were in your late 20s- early 30s :hmmmm2:

That part is correct. I can't recall why I have Karsan Ghavri's pic, but something surely happened when I changed it. 

Just now, Trichromatic said:

Got this today.

naziavinyl.jpeg

Who the hell still buys CD’s. Given your love for retro I am glad you didn’t buy LP record (even though it is kind of back in fashion these days) :giggle:

Any way glad to see you have made advancement to the early 21st century 

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Who the hell still buys CD’s. Given your love for retro I am glad you didn’t buy LP record (even though it is kind of back in fashion these days) :giggle:

Any way glad to see you have made advancement to the early 21st century 

It's LP record, not the CD.