Shikhar Dhawan Ruled out of the World Cup

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

becoz both hasnt failed till now and pant didnt do much when given chances . Both have utility and pant is a match who comes with inconsistency. Its about being fair....they both cant be dropped till they fail . 

But WC is not trying ground to wait someone to fail.In addition to that kohli is not at all bowling jadhav also in fielding ever match he fumbles once or twice. But I agree that Pant dint do zilch so far in odi still Jadhav is not someone whome I trust hope he perform well when time arises.

7 minutes ago, bahubali said:

But WC is not trying ground to wait someone to fail.In addition to that kohli is not at all bowling jadhav also in fielding ever match he fumbles once or twice. But I agree that Pant dint do zilch so far in odi still Jadhav is not someone whome I trust hope he perform well when time arises.

Neither Wc is a time to experiment n hoping someone will come good .........reality is he didnt do zilch so how can u trust him. I agree jadhav doesnt possess the talent of pant but talent takes years n years to convert into its full potential.  

And if he is not failing then good..........if he fails their is enough time to replace him . 

Good he isnt bowling jadhav coz need hasnt arrived....but not every match plays out same way. Their wud a situation come when their batting n bowling both will come in play 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
16 minutes ago, maniac said:

Why can’t Pant replace Dhoni? Jadhav is useless and pointless but last game was relatively more useful than Dhoni

Enough Man. Such stuff sounded justifiable couple of month before world Cup.

Bottom Line is, No one can replace Dhoni. Pant couldnt event make to first squad. Lets accept that If Pant could have replaced, He would have done it allready.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

This is very big news, they have lost main cog in the batting line up.

Don't worry your  ATG Latham is still alive and kicking....btw way how much he scored so far in this WC compared to Rohit and injured dhawan or for that matter compared to Rahul or pandya.:giggle:

44 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Neither Wc is a time to experiment n hoping someone will come good .........reality is he didnt do zilch so how can u trust him. I agree jadhav doesnt possess the talent of pant but talent takes years n years to convert into its full potential.  

And if he is not failing then good..........if he fails their is enough time to replace him . 

Good he isnt bowling jadhav coz need hasnt arrived....but not every match plays out same way. Their wud a situation come when their batting n bowling both will come in play 

It's good to have player with potential than compared to someone whom you wait to fail like Rayadu. But that just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, bahubali said:

It's good to have player with potential than compared to someone whom you wait to fail like Rayadu. But that just my opinion.

Rayudu was a diff case- he had no utility , no s/r was becoming horrible in field

Jadhav- has utility, fielding becoming better, s/r is good 

M not against pant....as i said m a huge fan but its unfair to jadhav who has done decent in given chances then someone who has zilch and i knew deep down what wud be the end result of playing pant. He might do well in one of occasion but will fail a lot and the backlash he ll face wnt be good for him. Go n look on ICF history after every pant failure ppl have gone berserk....

All m saying is let jadhav atleast fail 1st and that guy has earned his spot 1st over pant who didnt even make in 15 becoz he blew his chances

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rayudu was a diff case- he had no utility , no s/r was becoming horrible in field

Jadhav- has utility, fielding becoming better, s/r is good 

He fumbled couple of times in the last game too, was fielding at fineleg.may be one odd stop has impressed you a lot. He is still a very poor fielder.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

He fumbled couple of times in the last game too, was fielding at fineleg.may be one odd stop has impressed you a lot. He is still a very poor fielder.

even kohli does fumble n infact seen rohit to in recent times.....atleast jadhav has improved his fielding n running to when he started . He was really good in aussie game as fielder.....

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Exactly....also other risk is his batting and bowling was thankfully not needed as of now . And I just hope it's not needed especially in knockouts as I don't have any trust on him.

12 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Don't worry your  ATG Latham is still alive and kicking....btw way how much he scored so far in this WC compared to Rohit and injured dhawan or for that matter compared to Rahul or pandya.:giggle:

BTW  I still see you have trouble comprehending.NZ is doing just fine as I told it would do.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

even kohli does fumble n infact seen rohit to in recent times.....atleast jadhav has improved his fielding n running to when he started . He was really good in aussie game as fielder.....

A guy who usually gets 0 in exams gets 35 and passes. That is a tremendous improvement. But will still not be considered a bright student. That applies to Jadhav. Kohli or Rohit fumbling is an exception to the rule, Jadhav fielding well is an exception to the rule. He is still a weak link in the field regardless of how he has improved 

A guy who usually gets 0 in exams gets 35 and passes. That is a tremendous improvement. But will still not be considered a bright student. That applies to Jadhav. Kohli or Rohit fumbling is an exception to the rule, Jadhav fielding well is an exception to the rule. He is still a weak link in the field regardless of how he has improved 

doesnt have to be bright ....better is good. Pant cant even field ...so jadhav has more utility . If bright is what we want....answer is sitting in dressing room - jadeja 

Oh btw i have a question for u .......so what has changed that now u want Pant in side ahead of everyone since u made this post last time watching his perfomance Indian LOI jersey  or u to suffer from grass is greener on other side syndrome 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

BTW  I still see you have trouble comprehending.NZ is doing just fine as I told it would do.

You said Latham and guptills are best opener in this tournament. Btw India is doing much better than them as Ind has played all the tough matches whereas NZ were shitting in their pants against bd , their tough matches are yet to start let's see how your ATG opners guptil and Latham performs.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

doesnt have to be bright ....better is good. Pant cant even field ...so jadhav has more utility . If bright is what we want....answer is sitting in dressing room - jadeja 

Oh btw i have a question for u .......so what has changed that now u want Pant in side ahead of everyone since u made this post last time watching his perfomance Indian LOI jersey  or u to suffer from grass is greener on other side syndrome 

Because that thread was about Pant’s game awareness. I still think he has a long way to go there even after this years IPL. 

There is no confidence in Jadhav’s batting ability in a crisis situation nor in a slog over situation as seen so far in this WC. However I will bet good money right now that Pant will be promoted 10 out of 10 times in a slog kind of situation. Perfect player for that gameplay. I don’t see him as a finisher or a crisis man but neither is Jadhav.

That already makes him way more useful than Jadhav.

Pant has more upside than Jadhav and Dhoni. I would have said Shankar too but Shankar is a much better fielder than any of those names and kind of redeem d himself with the bowling performance last game.

Big jolt for us but one thing for sure that Pant wont get a chance ,knowing kohli and this TM, its gonna be Vijay in the middle order and he'll be used as the 6th bowler based on the performance against third class pak batsmen .

It's better to play pant in place of kedar though as he's a better explosive player and if we are going to play Shankar 

Only positive I can find here is Shikhar hasn't been that great in important ODI KO matches, since we are assured of a top 4 finish (barring some major miracle) maybe just maybe we won't miss him that much. 

2013 CT final: 31 (20 over match)

2015 WC QF: 30 of 50 balls, saved by Rohit :phew:

2015 WC SF: 45 run a ball...good one but threw it away

2017 CT F: 21

2018 Asia Cup F: 15 despite a drop and missed run out 

Edited by Gollum