India not favourites to win

9 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I don’t blame Dhoni. I blame selectors and team management. You have the most promising young wicketkeeper batsman and he is initially kept out of the squad for the man playing his fourth WC. 

Of all the batsmen from IPL drama, they couldn’t pick another proper batsman to play. 

I am still trying to figure the appeal of Jadhav and Shankar. What am I not seeing ? 

Man playing his 4th WC has one innings worth talking about in WCs.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Afghanistan just got lucky that they got to bowl on a damp pitch which later 

Their spinners bowled wicket to wicket and didnt try too much, even seamers bowled more slower deliveries. Pandya over did the bouncers in the middle overs and that made him predictable. When you bowl cutters on this wicket, it was more difficult to time the ball and harder to hit. It was also bouncing awkwardly on occasions.

Edited by kubrickian
1 minute ago, kubrickian said:

Their spinners bowled wicket to wicket and didnt try too much, even seamers bowled more slower deliveries. Pandya over did the bouncers in the middle overs and that made him predictable. When you bowl cutters on this wicket, it was more difficult to time the ball and harder to hit. It was also bouncing awkwardly on occasions.

Same spinners were tonked till now. Short ball got wickets and was the right tactic at that time.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Same spinners were tonked till now. Short ball got wickets and was the right tactic at that time.

It may have got wickets but it becomes predictable when you overdo it which was what Indian seamers did. Because target was low, they were happy to let those bouncers go and didnt get out and sometimes they expected the short delivery and played the pull and scored boundaries.

If Indian seamers had varied the pace lot more, it would have been difficult to score on this slow track.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

While I agree with you but the same spinners were bowling against stroke makers and then suddenly got to bowl against the likes of dhoni's (S/r of 67 against spin in last 2 years),jhadavs (doesn't use his feet and struggles against decent spinners),rauls,Shankars etc .

Indian middle order is just not good,we saw what Australia did with maxxy,Lyons and zampa 2 months ago in India