India not favourites to win

Not a knee jerk reaction but today we witnessed some obvious glaring weaknesses that we knew were there. I can’t imagine a team winning the cup with a middle order that looks like 

Shankar

Jadhav 

Dhoni 

Pandya

2 down and we are into half batters. I think we have too many Raillu Kattas, borrowing a term from esteemed neighbour. I can see India into SF. But I can’t imagine this middle ordered withstanding any pressure in next two games. 

Edited by ravishingravi

Go pant ,or go home.Without pant this middle order is one dimensional,boring,fragile and incapable of aggression.

With pant its still fragile.But not one dimesional(left handed),boring or incapable of aggression.

We need to create fear in opposition bowling line ups in the middle ,we are too dependant on pandya for slogging.Jadhav and shankar are very similar players,one has to go.

1 minute ago, Yoda-esque said:

Its a no brainer really.

If Rohit or Kohli fail, this team can be bundled out for sub 200

This Ind team can defend 200-250 against any team. Dhawan is a big blow but Dhoni has to take responsibility and he is continuously sucking. 

6 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Go pant ,or go home.Without pant this middle order is one dimensional,boring,fragile and incapable of aggression.

With pant its still fragile.But not one dimesional(left handed),boring or incapable of aggression.

We need to create fear in opposition bowling line ups in the middle ,we are too dependant on pandya for slogging.Jadhav and shankar are very similar players,one has to go.

if they are not going to bowl shankar at all then Pant has to play.

Just now, cowboysfan said:

every team has warts,even the kiwis who have a good all round team have shaky openers,without Williamson they will be in big trouble.

Yaha bas randi rona hoga. Some people have already lost against Bangladesh. 

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

This Ind team can defend 200-250 against any team. Dhawan is a big blow but Dhoni has to take responsibility and he is continuously sucking. 

I don’t blame Dhoni. I blame selectors and team management. You have the most promising young wicketkeeper batsman and he is initially kept out of the squad for the man playing his fourth WC. 

Of all the batsmen from IPL drama, they couldn’t pick another proper batsman to play. 

I am still trying to figure the appeal of Jadhav and Shankar. What am I not seeing ? 

2 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

every team has warts,even the kiwis who have a good all round team have shaky openers,without Williamson they will be in big trouble.

Aus and Eng have batting depth and good bowlers as well. They got most of the bases covered and are favs to win IMO. 

Just now, ravishingravi said:

I don’t blame Dhoni. I blame selectors and team management. You have the most promising young wicketkeeper batsman and he is initially kept out of the squad for the man playing his fourth WC. 

Of all the batsmen from IPL drama, they couldn’t pick another proper batsman to play. 

I am still trying to figure the appeal of Jadhav and Shankar. What am I not seeing ? 

Pant can still play ahead of Shankar or Jadhav. 

4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Jadhav has done well, has one of the best strike rates in ODIs and quite consistent. Issue is with his fitness and has been in and out of the side and therefore not able to settle. Shankar is not ready for international cricket IMO. The bloke got lucky on account of a couple of performances and TM thought he can be an all rounder option.

Edited by kubrickian

Dhonis biggest problem is his inability to rotate  strike consistently,he just blocks thereby creating pressure on the batsman at other end

Atleast he should try to rotate as we know he is not going anywhere this wc

Ideally i would have played both Pant and Dk,but then a temptation of sixth bowling option is still there

But Jadhav has to go,he is just a level below VS who himself does not belongs here