Now that the dust has settled, what was all that fuss about Amir about?

sage

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

He is allowed a bad game or two, been splendid overall. Without him Pakistan would be already out of the tourney. 

Not true tbh ,in the matches they won ,Amir's contribution weren't a major factor.

It's the matches which they lost where Amir was axellent,,windies,aus and India 

You see but you don’t process or use brains that is the problem

Teams are playing Bumrah with respect, as if he's throwing Indra's thunderbolts.  He's doing great for India - our bench pacer (Shami) would be an automatic starter for the greenbros, well ahead of Amir or anyone else.  Take that in your hookkah and smoke it.

Guys calm down. You guys take things too seriously. My response was to OP.

Im not disagreeing that Boomrah is a world class bowler!

Don't need to compare Bumrah and Amir. Bumrah is overall a better bowler atm but Amir is simply a better performer on bigger occasions I guess and Amir has more experience of bowling in England then Bumrah. One guy is a swing bowler other is seam with awkward angle. You cannot compare. Amir is doing a perfect job for Pakistan and Bumrah for India. I look from outside whenever Bumrah bowls in death overs you minus them overs as you know most likely 7 runs will be made from 2 overs. He's better then Amir in the death tbf.

Edited by Mirpur express
3 hours ago, Mirpur express said:

Don't need to compare Bumrah and Amir. Bumrah is overall a better bowler atm but Amir is simply a better performer on bigger occasions I guess and Amir has more experience of bowling in England then Bumrah. One guy is a swing bowler other is seam with awkward angle. You cannot compare. Amir is doing a perfect job for Pakistan and Bumrah for India. I look from outside whenever Bumrah bowls in death overs you minus them overs as you know most likely 7 runs will be made from 2 overs. He's better then Amir in the death tbf.

Very nice and unbiased analysis :congrats:

He thrives in English conditions.  Left armers always dominate world cup.  Starc, Boult in 2011. This year so far Starc, Amir .. new entrants Beherendoff,  Shaheen. Too bad India lacks a left arm seamer. Guys like Nehra, RP Singh, Zak, IRfan all played at the same time. We are left with Khaleel. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He thrives in English conditions.  Left armers always dominate world cup.  Starc, Boult in 2011. This year so far Starc, Amir .. new entrants Beherendoff,  Shaheen. Too bad India lacks a left arm seamer. Guys like Nehra, RP Singh, Zak, IRfan all played at the same time. We are left with Khaleel. 

Khaleel is better than RP and Irfan.

17 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Where is Bumrah in the wicket takers list at this WC?

You should be questioning him, not Amir :giggle:

No, If you have played professional cricket, You know that batsman can go in test mode and not slip their wicket. You would also have noticed that a lot of bats including Pakistani ones were missing Bhumrah deliveries by half feet to a feet.

He isnt bowling any poor. Its just that he is too good for most bats and only way he can get wicket is LBW or clean bowled. And if Batsmen has gone in test mode, Then no. You cant get that either. If I was to give advise, I should ask Bhumrah to loose some steam and he will get more wickets