Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

3 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

[...] Siraj always looks average whenever I see him. Don't understand how he picks up those wickets..

<insert "hey as long as it works" meme>

May be the batsmen don't know either, that's why they keep getting out XD

7 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Shubman Gill dropped? What atrociousness is this! Gowtham, Bharat, Siraj, Dube, Anmolpreet Singh don't seem to belong at this level at all. It's just sad that Gill is not being provided opportunities!

I doubt most of the "dropees" were actually dropped - seems more like a rotation ... Nadeem and Saha (the two standout performers from the last match) are also not playing.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, rkt.india said:

Bharat is next in line for test spot as wk and has done well in most of the the chances. Abmolpreet is also a very good talent. Same is Siraj, no bowler ever has taken wickets with as consistency as Siraj for India A and against all opponents.

Basically this is Indian team without Gill. Siraj has bowled moronically on a fast bowler paradise. Please watch it for yourself.

13 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Look at the purchase West Indies bowlers are getting. Siraj looked toothless...

Siraj is overrated by many ICFers.  When he was picked up for indian team in t20, many said he was not suited for this format. Then he played odi. Sucked big time.  Now plays tests.  Again sucks.   I think he is suited for t10 format only. :winky:

34 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Basically this is Indian team without Gill. Siraj has bowled moronically on a fast bowler paradise. Please watch it for yourself.

have seen enough of Siraj.  No player can be at his best every game and can have an average day or two.  Even previous game, he got 5 wickets in the game. Where were you when he was taking 4-5-fers almost every innings?

5-fer against SA

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/6422/mohammed-sirajs-impressive-5-wicket-haul

Edited by rkt.india
22 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Siraj is overrated by many ICFers.  When he was picked up for indian team in t20, many said he was not suited for this format. Then he played odi. Sucked big time.  Now plays tests.  Again sucks.   I think he is suited for t10 format only. :winky:

he has played 1 ODI, 3 T20s, not enough to judge

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

have seen enough of Siraj.  No player can be at his best every game and can have an average day or two.  Even previous game, he got 5 wickets in the game. Where were you when he was taking 4-5-fers almost every innings?

5-fer against SA

Exactly. Even Glenn Mcgrath couldn't take five wickets every other game. Desi fans expect players to be super humans.

49 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Panchal seems to be a very cool headed opener.  Nice temperament.  Good prospect for our opening slot in tests. 

most people will rate easwaran more highly because of his lower age and 2nd innings batting, but I feel that panchal has turned around his batting in a remarkable way in the past 3-4 seasons. at 29, he may seem too "old", but the best players should be selected. someone who debuts at 29 can still play for 5-6 yrs until the next players arrive on the scene.

16 minutes ago, Riju23 said:

Thoughts on Dube? Getting it done again with the bat. Is there a future as a no. 6 or 7 batting all rounder?

seems to have issues against short ball. his bowling is very pedestrian - more or less on the same level of shankar.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

5-fer against SA

I respectfully disagree. Just random balls without context still don't tell the entire story. He has never bowled a consistent line and length in any of his spells. We want guys like Shami and Bumrah who are consistent rather than wayward bowlers like Yadav and Siraj

30 minutes ago, Vijy said:

most people will rate easwaran more highly because of his lower age and 2nd innings batting, but I feel that panchal has turned around his batting in a remarkable way in the past 3-4 seasons. at 29, he may seem too "old", but the best players should be selected. someone who debuts at 29 can still play for 5-6 yrs until the next players arrive on the scene.

Good test openers are worth the weight in Gold. We can literally count such folks on hands in our entire Indian history. Especially for our current situation, if Panchal can score some solid runs on this tour, he would surely be in the frame regardless of his age.