Prithvi shaw suspended for doping violation

Athletes in particular, and patients in general, should consult their physician before taking anything, even herbals. Especially if they take other medications. I've had a patient have a severe adverse reaction from taking an herbal supplement which mixed with his prescribed meds. 

14 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

pretty sure a drug which helps in endurance and better muscle performance will help a cricketer.

Cricket is a game of skill , endurance and better muscle performance can only improve your physical capabilities, like if you are running 10 laps you can enhance it to 12-13 laps. But how can it improve skill, will it reform your batting techniques , how you place the balls, how you play short pitch, good length or yorker and hook or pull shots?

1 hour ago, beetle said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27302717/pressure-bcci-comply-national-anti-doping-agency-prithvi-shaw-suspension

Pressure on BCCI to comply with National Anti-Doping Agency after Prithvi Shaw's suspension

NADA is unhappy because ban was supposed to be at least for 2 years as per rules.Nar Singh Yadav,bronze medalist in world wrestling championship,was banned for 4 years after he was found positive by NADA .By not punishing the cheats strictly,BCCI is compromising the careers of honest hard working cricketers.

Now the Mumbai coach and physio have come out and said Prithvi never had cough and cold. He also isnt in touch with his father for 10 years (he lives with his guardian who is a powerful Shiv Sena MLA) and suddenly calls his father to ask for medicine despite the team doctor and physio being available. He also admitted he knows most cough syrup contains banned substance but still took cough syrup and doesnt remember which brand

I am laughing at those people who believed the cough story and were defending Shaw. If this was a Pakistani player same guys would be crying

Edited by New guy
1 hour ago, New guy said:

Now the Mumbai coach and physio have come out and said Prithvi never had cough and cold. He also isnt in touch with his father for 10 years (he lives with his guardian who is a powerful Shiv Sena MLA) and suddenly calls his father to ask for medicine despite the team doctor and physio being available. He also admitted he knows most cough syrup contains banned substance but still took cough syrup and doesnt remember which brand

I am laughing at those people who believed the cough story and were defending Shaw. If this was a Pakistani player same guys would be crying

so can you tell me the reason why he took terbutaline of all drugs when there are better options available?

55 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Prithvi shaw is a crooked mumbaikar.

Then again i feel most Indian cricketers take performance pills..Rohit, dhawan, kohli, pandya etc 

Now if you are taking those and still not delivering then you must be god awful..

There is no such thing like performance pills in cricket.  No such pills is yet made that can enhance performance of a cricketer.

2 hours ago, New guy said:

I never believed this cough syrup and similar stories. I don't believe players take it inadvertently in 99.99% of cases. I also don't believe this banned drugs don't enhance performance. The argument made is cricket is a game of skills not endurance of strength which is laughable. Another argument is many of the minor banned substance do very little help to a cricketer. Again even a little help is still trying to get unfair advantage. Don't support Prithvi Shaw and neither Andre who was also lying or any professional cricketer with fair international exposure.

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Performance enhancement pills in general...to increase strength, power, agility etc..not specifically cricket.

You need to go to gym to enhance strength and power.  Cricketers dont need such pills because they are not wrestlers or power-lifters.  Also enhancing power is not a rocket science, you dont even need protein supplements to enhance your power or muscles.  You can do it even with regular diet.  You need supplements and PEDs only when you want to pursue professional body building career or become power lifter.

37 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I never believed this cough syrup and similar stories. I don't believe players take it inadvertently in 99.99% of cases. I also don't believe this banned drugs don't enhance performance. The argument made is cricket is a game of skills not endurance of strength which is laughable. Another argument is many of the minor banned substance do very little help to a cricketer. Again even a little help is still trying to get unfair advantage. Don't support Prithvi Shaw and neither Andre who was also lying or any professional cricketer with fair international exposure.

This thinking of yours is laughable actually.  Why PEDs are of no use for a cricketer because the kind of strength you need as a cricketer, you dont need any PEDs for that.  3-6 months of 30 mins of gym work with just just eggs as your protein supplement can do that.  Cricketers are not going to participate in weight lifting in Olympics that they would need anabolic steroids for. 

one more thing, to obtain result from any PED, you need consistent regular use and a bottle of cough syrup, a few tablets of wont do anything for you.  Shaw took Terbutaline sulfate which does help athletes but only if it is taken in very high dosages, must more than just therapeutic use.  Do we have reports how much terbutaline was found in his samples? 

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This thinking of yours is laughable actually.  Why PEDs are of no use for a cricketer because the kind of strength you need as a cricketer, you dont need any PEDs for that.  3-6 months of 30 mins of gym work with just just eggs as your protein supplement can do that.  Cricketers are not going to participate in weight lifting in Olympics that they would need anabolic steroids for. 

one more thing, to obtain result from any PED, you need consistent regular use and a bottle of cough syrup, a few tablets of wont do anything for you.  Shaw took Terbutaline sulfate which does help athletes but only if it is taken in very high dosages, must more than just therapeutic use.  Do we have reports how much terbutaline was found in his samples? 

Lol. Not surprising. You are a very fervent supporter of PEDs not just for Cricketers, if I can recall. I am completely against anabolic steroids even for professional body builders. There are a lot of professional body builders out there to fool common young masses about how they build their body naturally when they are on cycles. Agreed it still requires hard work to maintain since no workout steroid cycle is dangerous. 

Anyway back to cricket, your argument talks about what strength is needed to play cricket for which you don't even need to do 3-6 months of 30 minutes of gym. :hysterical:  If you are healthy (no major disease) you are good to play cricket.:laugh1:

Edited by Pollack
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

so can you tell me the reason why he took terbutaline of all drugs when there are better options available?

Because he will have the cough syrup excuse of he gets caught which he can't use for others. There is a reason this drug is popular among cheaters and same cough medicine excuse is used

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Lol. Not surprising. You are a very fervent supporter of PEDs not just for Cricketers, if I can recall. I am completely against anabolic steroids even for professional body builders. There are a lot of professional body builders out there to fool common young masses about how they build their body naturally when they are on cycles. Agreed it still requires hard work to maintain since no workout steroid cycle is dangerous. 

Anyway back to cricket, your argument talks about what strength is needed to play cricket for which you don't even need to do 3-6 months of 30 minutes of gym. :hysterical:  If you are healthy (no major disease) you are good to play cricket.:laugh1:

Every single body builder in media or Instagram is on drugs. Yet all of them will claim they are natty to fool their fand