Is KL Rahul proving everyone wrong

Just now, putrevus said:

Rahul should be given a break, he has no confidence.I would have selected Gill instead of Rahul for this series.

Please don't say that on this forum.  Otherwise his die hard fans will come back hard at you with long essays defending him and even suggesting that he should be given a long rope of about 100 tests.  And then see how he performs.   Bla Bla Bla. 

9 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Please don't say that on this forum.  Otherwise his die hard fans will come back hard at you with long essays defending him and even suggesting that he should be given a long rope of about 100 tests.  And then see how he performs.   Bla Bla Bla. 

They still keep blaming Kohli for dropping him for first test in SA .Some geniuses have suggested Kohli is scared of Rahul's talent.How many more chances this guy should get.TM have given him every chance to succeed.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They still keep blaming Kohli for dropping him for first test in SA .Some geniuses have suggested Kohli is scared of Rahul's talent.How many more chances this guy should get.TM have given him every chance to succeed.

I think kl deserve a long rope...he ll come good just like captain clueless is getting long rope in his captaincy.

13 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Rahul deserve atleast 30 more tests he is still best opener in this team . Mayank is new he needs guiding hand.later on when Shaw comes in place of kl and kl can come in middle order.

Rahul has got about 60  inns to prove his worth, yet averages mere 35. Karun Nair was thrown out after  some  7 or 8 inns. Incompetency &  double standards at display here.  Indian team deserves far more calibre batsmen than  some one like  Rahul considering the talent pool  it posses at its disposal.

With that moron drunkard  at the helm, can any thing constructive happen??

31 minutes ago, maniac said:

He has got a long enough rope now. No more excuses. I still think he should be our first choice in T20i over Dhawan though

Yes he should be, he is the right pick for test and odi's too, just that he has been very inconsistent and that is a fact. And sooner or later if he loses his spot in these formats, he is himself to blame. He has been backed enough now, so we can't say he hasn't gotten the backing. He can always return back like how Rohit returned back to the team. 

15 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Rahul has got about 60  inns to prove his worth, yet averages mere 35. Karun Nair was thrown out after  some  7 or 8 inns. Incompetency &  double standards at display here.  Indian team deserves far more calibre batsmen than  some one like  Rahul considering the talent pool  it posses at its disposal.

Rahul has too many diversions, he spends more time trying to be a cool dude like Kohli and Hardik but dont think he is cut out to be that way. He has identity crisis and this affects his game because his concentration is not there and mentally he is not in a good space. Anyway, hopefully he goes back to FC, works on temperament and meanwhile, others will get a shot.

Edited by kubrickian
17 hours ago, putrevus said:

Karun Nair is one dimesional middle order batsman, Rahul is an opener .I can understand why Rahul got so many chances but enough is enough.Gill is there now and his best position is as an opener.

Based on what are you calling karun one dimensional? How many matches has he played?

Edited by New guy
18 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Even Rohit was thrown out after this much innings at similar average. Rahul blue eyed boy of Kohli. Rahul must be kicked out asap and Dhawan or Vijay or Shaw should play.

Edited by vijay50
19 hours ago, putrevus said:

Karun Nair is one dimesional middle order batsman, Rahul is an opener .I can understand why Rahul got so many chances but enough is enough.Gill is there now and his best position is as an opener.

Gill? Does he open in longest format? In all the IndA games, he came one down. So I don't think India is grooming him as an opener.