Is KL Rahul proving everyone wrong

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rahul has got a start again.  

Now, he needs to convert this to a big score and not throw his wicket away between 30 and 80.

I want to see him develop this hunger for runs and not throw it away at a moderate score.  

Now that he is getting ample chances, he should try to do justice to his talent.

He has got enough already I reckon. Better to move back to domestic cricket and work on his temperament and give others chances. Indian team is not reserved for some "talents" alone, others deserve chance too. This is the mindset which saw India not having enough batting options in World Cup where some players were persisted with for a long time only to deceive and others never got opportunities.

Edited by kubrickian
14 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

He has got enough already I reckon. Better to move back to domestic cricket and work on his temperament and give others chances. Indian team is not reserved for some "talents" alone, others deserve chance too. This is the mindset which saw India not having enough batting options in World Cup where some players were persisted with for a long time only to flatter and others never got opportunities.

Exactly. !

1 )  Choose a new player carefully after ascertaining that he has the game needed for international cricket.  Don't choose just anyone.

2 )  Give him  a continuous run of 10 to 15 tests or 20 to 25 ODIs, based on his talent.

3 )  If he fails, move on for the time being and give someone else a chance. The original player must work on and rectify the shortcomings he was displaying at international level,  perform superlatively again at FC and A-team level and then come back.

4 )  Follow this process for every player.

Edited by express bowling

Exactly. !

1 )  Choose a new player carefully after ascertaining that he has the game needed for international cricket.  Don't choose just anyone.

2 )  Give him  a continuous run of 10 to 15 tests or 20 to 25 ODIs, based on his talent.

3 )  If he fails, move on for the time being and give someone else a chance. The original player must work on and rectify the shortcomings he was displaying at international level,  perform superlatively again at FC and A-team level and then come back.

They have done all the above in case of Rahul , what did we end up, a useless player who will never became great batsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why the 4th step is important 

They can’t do it with every player. They are only 11 spots and only one or two new players can tried at one time.

Saying it is easy implementation is hard. That’s why you have A tours and IPL players are getting enough exposure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Exactly. !

Yes, indeed. For the second opener, I don't think Shaw will be the same force after his return. We have seen this happen with warner, amir, etc. Hence, either we should gamble on Gill (which I think is a bad idea) or go with Easwaran/Panchal as the 2nd opener. Many will vote for Easwaran because of his 2nd innings exploits and age, but I like Panchal's temperament and the fact that he has really turned his batting around in a big way during the past 3-4 yrs. The fact that he is 29-30 should not mean too much, since such a player can still contribute valuable service for ~ 5 yrs.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:52 AM, Vijy said:

Yes, indeed. For the second opener, I don't think Shaw will be the same force after his return. We have seen this happen with warner, amir, etc. Hence, either we should gamble on Gill (which I think is a bad idea) or go with Easwaran/Panchal as the 2nd opener. Many will vote for Easwaran because of his 2nd innings exploits and age, but I like Panchal's temperament and the fact that he has really turned his batting around in a big way during the past 3-4 yrs. The fact that he is 29-30 should not mean too much, since such a player can still contribute valuable service for ~ 5 yrs.

Amir came after 5 yrs

Warner made tons of runs in wc

Player have been out of game for year due to injury as well.