India vs SA, 3rd T20I, Bangalore

Mosher

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

After he got his pace up he concentrated more on bowling that length to show hsi pace n bounce

In test he has whole day so he looks to stick to his strength and he swings the ball in test .He hasnt lost it just bowling wrong length ...on those length no one wud be able to swing the ball 

In international cricket everyone knws what to do , it all depends how good a mindset are u in.....

I know why he lost his swing and you don't have to tell me. His mindset is fine, he is doing what he thinks is good for him.

Just now, Mosher said:

Saini needs to vary his pace on this pitch.

Can Saini bowl 140+ over a longer period of time? I don’t think we should judge by someone hitting even 145+ over 4 overs. Also what are his stock deliveries? I mean Bumrah has the Yorker, Shami can seam the ball both ways, Umesh has an outswinger, Bhuvi can swing the ball,Ishant has a good inswinger etc etc 

Just now, maniac said:

Saini getting tonked. Another Umesh Yadav in the making? Also his pace doesn’t have the same zip you see in Umesh,Shami or Bumrah 

I think he has been rushed on to lois via t20s,very cruel format for a  newbie like him

I have only seen  Bumrah getting better after debuting in t20s

Umesh is another breed, I pray to God, Saini should not become another Umesh avatar

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Can Saini bowl 140+ over a longer period of time? I don’t think we should judge by someone hitting even 145+ over 4 overs. Also what are his stock deliveries? I mean Bumrah has the Yorker, Shami can seam the ball both ways, Umesh has an outswinger, Bhuvi can swing the ball,Ishant has a good inswinger etc etc 

Saini is more suited for the longer format. Just like Siraj he is being played in the wrong format. Saini's strength is he can seam the ball at a good pace. From what I have seen of his bowling in domestic cricket, he can maintain pace of 135-145kph in the longer format.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/5894/navdeep-sainis-devastating-4-wicket-haul

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes brother ,Saini is a very accurate longer format bowler and he is quite capable of sustaining 140+ pace for a longer period,problem is our cap,coach and TM lacks vision to shortlist players for respective formats,he should have played odis or tests before playing T20s

Why do we need 3 of them Krunal,Jadeja and Sundar? Add Hardik to the mix who I think is a must for T20 though even though he is his and pieces as well it feels like the English team of the 90s of bits and pieces players thrown in. Why can’t we have a genuine batsman that can bowl or vice versa :wall: 

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Saini is more suited for the longer format. Just like Siraj he is being played in the wrong format. Saini's strength is he can seam the ball at a good pace. From what I have seen of his bowling in domestic cricket, he can maintain pace of 135-145kph in the longer format.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/5894/navdeep-sainis-devastating-4-wicket-haul

But how do you know he will be able to get people out in longer format.Getting people out is same in every format.Test cricket cap is the most cherished cap and it should be earned IMO.