The myth of Pakistani "warriors"

sandeep

This myth has been propagated by the British who earmarked the Punjabis as one of the martial races, and most of the Pakistanis population wise are Punjabis.

This classification is somewhat as moronic as the varnas in our scriptures - Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya and Shudra.

The greatest warrior clan based on the subcontinent based on recorded history are the Gurkhas.

Punjabis have little more Aryan DNA than even North Indians (but way less than Pashtoons). 

Physically, Punjabis and Hiryana people are bigger than Sindhis and Muslim Mahajirs in Karachi who migrated from India. 

Drinking water in Punjab has good quality. 

Punjabi language is unique too. 

I love Punjab. A beautiful place. 

Rest, I am not concerned about nation, nationalism etc. 

I see some Pashtoons bragging  that they *ed the women of Punjabis and  of whole India. I hate such things. I hate such nationalism. 

Edited by Alam_dar

13 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Punjabis have little more Aryan DNA than even North Indians (but way less than Pashtoons). 

Physically, Punjabis and Hiryana people are bigger than Sindhis and Muslim Mahajirs in Karachi who migrated from India. 

Drinking water in Punjab has good quality. 

Punjabi language is unique too. 

I love Punjab. A beautiful place. 

Rest, I am not concerned about nation, nationalism etc. 

I see some Pashtoons bragging  that they *ed the women of Punjabis and  of whole India. I hate such things. I hate such nationalism. 

R1 originated in India and is most diverse in India. Stop peddling invader friendly crap that the Brits tried to spread and Muslims leech on to.

people in Punjab and Haryana are bigger for the same reason Germans are bigger than Greeks and Iranians are bigger than Iraqis, Mongols are bigger than Turks: most of Haryana-Punjab population are Jatts and Jatts were not farmers till last 1000 years but pastoralists. All pre-modern farming societies were malnourished compared to pastoralists because of a much less variety of diet. 

Mankind made an unknowing trade: by seeking much greater calorific density by farming to sustain bigger populations, they gave up on variety of diet and became well fed but malnourished.

What’s funny is Pashtuns and Pakistanis make fun of Indian Muslims who have Khan in their names as ‘ fake Khans’.

when you point out that Khan is a turko-mongol designation, originating from the Altai mountains, who’s superior term is Khagan and that Turko-Mongol DNA  is less than 10% in Afghanistan and Pakistan, making all Pashtun and Punjabi Khans as fake Khans, they get really mad.

7 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

What’s funny is Pashtuns and Pakistanis make fun of Indian Muslims who have Khan in their names as ‘ fake Khans’.

when you point out that Khan is a turko-mongol designation, originating from the Altai mountains, who’s superior term is Khagan and that Turko-Mongol DNA  is less than 10% in Afghanistan and Pakistan, making all Pashtun and Punjabi Khans as fake Khans, they get really mad.

Mulo bhai!! Who do you think is the most fearsome indian origin warrior race ? 

A race which ferociously defended Islamic invasion.

Rajputs,jata,gujjars,Marathas,Tamils,ahoms?? 

13 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Mulo bhai!! Who do you think is the most fearsome indian origin warrior race ? 

A race which ferociously defended Islamic invasion.

Rajputs,jata,gujjars,Marathas,Tamils,ahoms?? 

There are no separate races in India or even mankind. We are all one people, who look different only due to geography. Squinty eyes are common when living in ice fields and glaciers, to minimize light reflecting from white snow. Upturned noses are common in high humidity areas, to help take away excess humidity. Hook nonsense are exact opposite, to keep as much moisture in the nostrils and this the body. 

All races are one. Scientifically two animals are the same species if they can both breed AND make a fertile baby. Eg: humans. Two animals are the same genus only, if they can both breed but always produce a sterile baby. Eg: horses and donkeys can always breed but always produce a sterile mule. 

If you mean which culture group of India has resisted Islamic invasion the best, my vote goes to the Odiyas. Ahom, Gurkhas etc were fearsome warriors but they didn’t face consistent long term invasion from Muslims. But the odiyas did. They have been conquered by the Delhi sultans and the Mughals and yet they always ruled via local rajas and not darogas and they remained 99% hindu.

15 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

There are no separate races in India or even mankind. We are all one people, who look different only due to geography. Squinty eyes are common when living in ice fields and glaciers, to minimize light reflecting from white snow. Upturned noses are common in high humidity areas, to help take away excess humidity. Hook nonsense are exact opposite, to keep as much moisture in the nostrils and this the body. 

All races are one. Scientifically two animals are the same species if they can both breed AND make a fertile baby. Eg: humans. Two animals are the same genus only, if they can both breed but always produce a sterile baby. Eg: horses and donkeys can always breed but always produce a sterile mule. 

If you mean which culture group of India has resisted Islamic invasion the best, my vote goes to the Odiyas. Ahom, Gurkhas etc were fearsome warriors but they didn’t face consistent long term invasion from Muslims. But the odiyas did. They have been conquered by the Delhi sultans and the Mughals and yet they always ruled via local rajas and not darogas and they remained 99% hindu.

Ok agree n thanks for such a detailed explanation.

What about Marathas sir?  I guess they did faced consistent Muslim invasions.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:20 AM, Stradlater said:

My favorite part is when invading Turks used to burn Lahore for fun. 

Don’t forget like most of you, prior to 1947, there was no Pakistan, the majority of the area was part of India and Indian history.  Trying to get a one up on Pakistanis is one thing but relishing past ‘burning’ of Indian cities like Lahore pre 1947, where the people who were killed and raped were your ‘fellow’ Hindus, is taking masochism/schadenfreude to another level.  Is your favourite part also burning of Bihar by them as well?

Edited by vice

Read parts of the article and it is poorly researched as the author has left out some very obvious points.  Furthermore, the author is confused as to who the target is, Pakistanis, Muslim Punjabis, Punjabis, Indians, Indian Punjabis. 

Just like the author,many of you are confusing that  prior to 1947, there was no Pakistan, the majority of the area was part of India and Indian history. 

Just for laughs, the article ends by saying Gujarat and Bengal are not military states either. 

Edited by vice

Like the author, the resident Punjabis also didn’t mention the obvious ‘Muslim’ resistance against the Mughals.  Dulla Bhatti comes to mind, who rebelled  against the Mughals and is embedded into Punjabi folklore.  The verses of Lohri folk music does mention his name. 

Sunder mundriye ho!
Tera kaun vicaharaa ho!
Dullah bhatti walla ho!
Dullhe di dhee vyayae ho!
Ser shakkar payee ho!
Kudi da laal pathaka ho!
Kudi da saalu paatta ho!
Salu kaun samete!

An excuse to listen to some punjabi music

On 11/8/2019 at 10:51 AM, Norman said:

Pakjabis are as coward as they come.

It's actually in their blood to bend over to invaders without a fight and convert to other faiths pissing their pants. 

It's lolworthy when these impotent creatures talk about ghazwa e hind sitting in their jhopdis while poor pashtun and Mirpuri guys get slaughtered on the LOC. 

The laurels of the greatest Bending over and cowardice instance in the history of India goes to Bengalis.

Some of you mentioning conversions to Islam and Islamic invasions into India as a yardstick then despite being sheltered away in a safe corner and more than thousand miles away from the epicenter, there are upwards of 180 million Muslims of Bengali origin.  Courtesy the one time that a dozen or so men on horses led by Bakhtiar Khilji managed to cross the breadth of India, and in front of whom the Bengalis prostrated and bended over without even giving a fight.  The epitome of bending over and cowardice. The rest is history as they say, as there are around 180 million Muslims of Bengali origin. Even the Mughal record book, the Ain-i-Akbari, labels Bengalis as being ‘subservient’ who were content in providing ample taxes to their warlords.

Bengalis can thank the stars that that 180 odd million is somewhat in check thanks to the birthrate control or else that number would’ve skyrocketed at an exponential level.  Considering the percentage of muslims in West Bengal is also on a rise, somewhat close to 30%,  and the resident Bengalis are shitting their pants creating threads on how to save Bengal.

The most densely populated  and the greatest ethnic muslim population in the whole of sub continent belongs to the Bengalis. That's the real clusterfcuk right there folks. The Indian state with highest muslim percentage?  You guessed it, Bengal.

Again, “outside” assistance is  required to “help” them out whereas the local leadership in Dadi  seems ‘clueless’.

Edited by vice

What’s with the talk of Punjab not being a fertile land. Some are clutching to straws again. From the start of Indian civilization, it was fertile enough to be the home to the Indus Valley Civilization. Multiple accounts tell tales of grandeur and fertile land. 

Hudud al-'Alam  written in 982  in which Lahore is mentioned as a town which had "impressive temples, large markets and huge orchards."

Once again, Ain I Akbari further describes Punjab as a fertile land.

After 1947, Just a small portion of it was fertile enough to become to be labelled as the  Bread basket of India.  It was again at the heart of the Green revolution in India, and became food surplus decades before other states including Bengal.  The largest canal in India flows from Punjab to desert ridden Rajasthan, which is the lifeline of millions as the state prospered in agriculture, and thus its population increasing many folds post 1947.  Rajasthanis should be grateful to Punjab. The adjoining district of Rajasthan, which has majority speaking population, again gained the name of  the bread basket of Rajasthan.  Another, dam is setup just at the border of Punjab, and reroutes water to other adjoining states as well.  In future, Punjab might have an issue as aggressive farming techniques along with rerouting of Punjab’s water to neighboring states depletes the ground water table.

The author speaks of the Indo-Pak wars, let’s not forget that it is Indian Punjabi soldiers who were at the forefront on the other side of each encounter and played a major role in every encounter.  Despite, their population, Indian Punjab and Punjabis have contributed greatly towards India’s army.   Even now, Punjab sends a high amount of jawans to the army despite the exodus of population to overseas and other states.

Furthermore, punjabis have held the highest position of the Indian Army, Air Force, and heck even the Navy.  Only recently, all three heads of the Army, Air Force, and Navy were all Punjabis.  Leading the military at the highest level. 

@vice calm down, most on 1st page were having a go at Pakistanis, not Indian Punjabis. More than anything it is the nationalistic element at play here. If you are a regular poster here you'd know that Indian Punjabis are held in high regard. Sikh Gurus, Punjabi representation in army/paramilitary, freedom fighters, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Gurbani etc are held in high regard by everyone here. And when it comes to sportsmen we don't care about state, religion, caste when they are bringing laurels to the country. 

Bengalis have been unable to crack the Muslim code, you are right in the sense that they have been inept in dealing with Islamic aggression, hope that it changes in the future. But when it comes to our freedom struggle the same Bengali Hindus have exhibited the miost amazing display of courage, intelligence, sacrifice. Whether it be via Congress' path of non violence, violent revolutionaries, INA or most importantly social reform movement Bengalis have done anything but bend over....constantly challenging injustice and overcoming mighty odds.

FYI Bengal isn't the state with highest or 2nd highest Muslim %....probably not even 3rd (Kerala), next census will reveal that....but more than facts I am talking about the sentiment of your post. If you have disagreement with some poster(s) here do quote/tag them and have your discussion, that way we'll know it's just a disagreement between 2 guys. An average Punjabi and Bong go along perfectly fine, Sikhs in Calcutta defended innocent civilians during Direct Action Day riots side by side with Bong Hindus....during 1984 riots Sikhs were untouched in the state, Bengali youth (esp those affiliated to ruling party) used to patrol Sikh areas to ensure no miscreant could enter. The place I was born and brought up, that constituency is being represented by a Sikh person in Lok Sabha ...that area (Burdwan-Durgapur) is comfortably Hindu majority and second most important region in the state behind the capital.

All this coming from a former resident of the state though neither of my parents are Bongs. Being as objective as I can. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, vice said:

The author speaks of the Indo-Pak wars, let’s not forget that it is Indian Punjabi soldiers who were at the forefront on the other side of each encounter and played a major role in every encounter.  Despite, their population, Indian Punjab and Punjabis have contributed greatly towards India’s army.   Even now, Punjab sends a high amount of jawans to the army despite the exodus of population to overseas and other states.

Furthermore, punjabis have held the highest position of the Indian Army, Air Force, and heck even the Navy.  Only recently, all three heads of the Army, Air Force, and Navy were all Punjabis.  Leading the military at the highest level. 

Indian soldiers who fought for British Empire at Dunkirk were all Punjabi Rajputs.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, Muloghonto said:

I am not branding a race ( btw Punjabi’s are not a race) as anything. I am pointing out the simple historical reality that till the 1500s, it was a backwards, minor cross roads of the subcontinent area.

This is why Punjab has never had a kingdom run by Punjabis since the days of the Mauryan empire, all the way till Ranjit Singh: mostly a barren land (compared to rest of India), with narrow strip of cultivation hugging 100m-200m band around the rivers, till u get to the Tarai region, where there was some farming and density.

When you are surrounded by warlike people ( like the Afghans aka the Avaganas), advanced high density regions ( Takshashila region) or the Indo-gangetic plains ( with extremely dense irrigation and agriculture networks), you tend to be conquered a lot or whacked a lot.

This is not an indictment of Punjabi people, it’s all about the land: till the Persian wheel arrived, Punjab had no irrigation since the 1700 BCE, when IVC collapsed.

This is also because the nature of Indian irrigation is different: we did not try taming the rivers like the Babylonians or the Romans: outside of a few small rivers in the south, like Kaveri, Pennar, Bhim, etc. Indian rivers were way too big and had too much water in the monsoon season for the canal system to work. Instead, we relied on tank building and damming small rivers. Both of which require a lot of local government impetus, something Punjab lacked.

This is why I have said until the rise of the Sikhs, Punjab is a minor player in Indian history. I have nothing but the deepest respect of the REAL Sikhs and those who live up to the ACTUAL Sikh tenets of loyalty and protection of India. 

correct Punjabis are the newest entrant into the Indic fabric. even if we delve into ancient India, Punjabi migration to Indian area was post Vedic. they are a relatively newer people if you will. Sikh and the ensuing Sikh Influenced Punjabi martial culture which is now even adopted by Punjabi Hindu Kshatriyas actually put Punjab on the map. and the less said about Pak Punjabis the better. they are insignificant in history and just filled the numbers and accepted whatever was dished out to them. even though Pak punjabis are the majority community in Pak i think like 70% of population, the lingua franca is Urdu in Pak which pretty much evolved in the heartland of India. thats how culturally insignificant Pak punjabis are. thats bcos they really did not contribute anything unique to the Pakistani identity and national movement during partition. they just happened to be hangout like insignificants throughout history. and now shooting from the hip in the post modern era.