Your favorite and least favorite format?

Gollum

MCQ  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite format

2. 2. Least favorite

3. 3. Was it always like this?

21 minutes ago, MechEng said:

To be honest, let India lose an overseas series badly with no bowler averaging less than 30 in that series, and then see how this poll changes :p:

Then test will be back to being a gora sport.

I've been watching test cricket for a long time, even during the phase when we used to get slapped around away from home.  Till date my favorite test series is the 2003 tour to Aus.  We were expected to get blown away, as we usually do.  Ended up retaining Border-Gavaskar Trophy on Aus soil.  Should have won it really, if DRS was there, or Parthiv doesn't drop a key chance.  

1 hour ago, adi B said:

Test is the best ,especially in this era of unpredictability and result orientated approach. 

Odis is boring tbh barring ICC tournaments , intl t20s are the worst !

IPL is pretty exciting and top notch in terms of entertainment and competitiveness 

T20 wc is better than IPL though. IPL is watered down with all this Bollywood bs.

Tests without a question. Massive improvement in our fast bowling played a key role in the interest shift from white ball to red ball Cricket. 

ODIs have become ultra boring in this decade with flatbeds and poor quality bowling. Add to that our team's boring style of playing 50 over Cricket. Dearly want more tri and quadrangular series.

T20s are fine. No matter how much we say it's a fluke format , still it's quite interesting to watch. 

Test cricket is real cricket. 

However we tend to exaggerate how exciting and great test cricket is based on the last few years where pretty much 90% of the games have produced results and even the draws have been exciting contests (just winging the number here, someone provide the actual stats)

In the 90s ODIs were  amazing however ODIs is a dying format now and the quality of test cricket has been leagues ahead of the odi game.the new rules and constant chopping and changing or rules have made it even worse.

Apart from the wc encounters don’t even remember the last time I saw ind -wi or ind -SL odi game for more than 1 hour. They have been playing each other every other month.

Like it or not T20 is the future and here to stay. Unfortunately the quality of international T20 is very poor but IPl is the real deal.

WT20 and IPL follow the passionately , rest don’t care. The quality of cricket in the WT20 In 2016 was leagues ahead of the last 2 50 over world cups.

Edited by maniac
Just now, Gollum said:

What about the 4th question? 

are you in favor of another format in the future, like T10 or 4 day cricket? 

Since sachin recommended I will go with the 2 innings Odi format :) if IcC  approves I might make it my favorite format for obvious reasons :)

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Since sachin recommended I will go with the 2 innings Odi format :) if IcC  approves I might make it my favorite format for obvious reasons :)

I liked that reco of Sach....reduces impact of toss and makes the game more strategic. 

Edited by Gollum
6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What about the 4th question? 

are you in favor of another format in the future, like T10 or 4 day cricket? 

Talking about internationals mainly.....

We never know. 90s fans would have said hell no if asked about the T20 format. Same way, we may see the T10 format getting support in the future. Attention spans are going down as time is passing on. 

4-day cricket ? A big no. 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Except the final don’t recollect a single memorable game. Pak-Afg and Eng-SL were probably the only 2 good games. Quality of cricket was pretty poor tbh.

Whaaaat, just from the top of my head...

Ind-NZ

Ind-Afg

RSA-NZ

RSA-Aus

WI-NZ

WI-Aus

BD-NZ

Pak-Eng

Pak-NZ

Edited by Gollum
8 minutes ago, maniac said:

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I liked that reco of Sach....reduces impact of toss and makes the game more strategic. 

It would basically be 2 innings T20 like game then ... not much different from normal T20s.

Why have another format which is basically the same ?

P.s -- And no one would be able to surpass Sachin's 49 ODI centuries.

Just now, Gollum said:

Whaaaat, just from the top of my head...

Ind-NZ

Ind-Afg

RSA-NZ

RSA-Aus

WI-NZ

WI-Aus

BD-NZ

Pak-Eng

Pak-NZ

Don’t know man, good for you if you liked it .

the tournament was waaaay too long, there were too many washouts, most teams were playing dead rubbers 2/3rds  way through.

Please don’t say they had these ridiculous statistical chances, pretty much a little over half way through we knew who were going to make it. I lost interest. 

Just now, express bowling said:

It would basically be 2 innings T20 like game then ... not much different from normal T20s.

Why have another format which is basically the same ?

P.s -- And no one would be able to surpass Sachin's 49 ODI centuries.

Except the 2nd innings of both teams don't start afresh....For instance if Ind is 140/3 after Q1, we will begin Q3 at 140/3 and not 0/0. Adds more strategic depth to the game IMO, how teams should go about their innings....wickets vs RPO, changing conditions etc.