Stop Comparing our youngsters to WI youngsters in terms of power game, those guys are genetically better for that role

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats a wrong way to put stats 

Real stat is he got only 25 innings to bat in 40 in which he has played around 215 balls which means he doesnt even get 9 balls per match. This shows how much time our top order has been taking that guys pandya are not even used properly

That is my point I never said he was bad. India's approach is  wrong in t20s. Pandya even though a very limited player is best we got in terms  hitting sixes in death.But I still don't trust him to do well again fast bowlers.

Kohli would be more valuable if he had avg of 35 and SR of 160 but he does not , Kohli is  is good in chases but is very suspect batting first.One Kohli is enough to rotate strike , they need more thumpers.

Edited by putrevus
9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is my point I never said he was bad. India's approach is  wrong in t20s. Pandya even though a very limited player is best we got in terms  hitting sixes in death.But I still don't trust him to do well again fast bowlers.

Kohli would be more valuable if he had avg of 35 and SR of 160 but he does not , Kohli is  is good in chases but is very suspect batting first.One Kohli is enough to rotate strike , they need more thumpers.

Very important we get another aggresive opener in Shaw/Paddikal alongside Rahul and ask one of Rohit or Virat to come at 4. Then have Pant/DK followed by the All rounders. This should give us enough batting fire power to score in excess of 200 when needed. It doesn't matter if they dont hit too many sixes, an ideal start will make the task lot easier.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

good news

This guy was injured during Australia series and he posted all these videos of training and within 6 months injured again. 

His best option is to become like Shane Watson a top order bat who can bowl a few overs once in a while when he feels like it.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats a wrong way to put stats 

Real stat is he got only 25 innings to bat in 40 in which he has played around 215 balls which means he doesnt even get 9 balls per match. This shows how much time our top order has been taking that guys pandya are not even used properly

What is his S/r and average in those games? Can you list his scores?

Op I know what you are saying but how do you explain:

Here, below is list of top 10 Batsmen with most sixes in ODI cricket.

1. Shahid Afridi – 351 Sixes
  2. CH Gayle – 331 Sixes
  3. ST Jayasuriya – 270 Sixes
  4. RG Sharma – 232 Sixes
  5. MS Dhoni – 229 Sixes
  6. EJG Morgan – 211 Sixes
  7. AB de Villiers – 204 Sixes
  8. BB McCullum – 200 Sixes
  9. SR Tendulkar – 195 Sixes
  10. SC Ganguly – 190 Sixes
9 minutes ago, Khota said:

2. CH Gayle – 331 Sixes
  4. RG Sharma – 232 Sixes
  5. MS Dhoni – 229 Sixes

Also no.1 and no.3 are sc players

4 hours ago, Khota said:

2. CH Gayle – 331 Sixes
  4. RG Sharma – 232 Sixes
  5. MS Dhoni – 229 Sixes

one answer is longevity

These WI hitters dont have long career, half their career is wasted in leagues now , gayle ended playing more so he is up there

jayasuria n afridi has more ODI wkts then warne coz they played more. 

Neways i dnt think u got the crux of this thread. When we lost ppl started putting our player down n started comparing to WI players that they cant hit that well so i created by saying our players have 10 good things just becoz they fall a lil short on power compare to WI player they shudnt be put down. WI players do have more strength compare to rest of the world doesnt make us bad. WE can list guys like yuvi, dhoni, kapil n few but there list wud be endless. Where did i say our players were worst when my op was all about saying they are better lets not put down coz of one aspect 

7 hours ago, maniac said:

This guy was injured during Australia series and he posted all these videos of training and within 6 months injured again. 

His best option is to become like Shane Watson a top order bat who can bowl a few overs once in a while when he feels like it.

if everyone starts to bat up who ll do the dirty work in lower order .

Raina dhoni cud have better career at 3,4 but they were needed in lower order 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

one answer is longevity

These WI hitters dont have long career, half their career is wasted in leagues now , gayle ended playing more so he is up there

jayasuria n afridi has more ODI wkts then warne coz they played more. 

Neways i dnt think u got the crux of this thread. When we lost ppl started putting our player down n started comparing to WI players that they cant hit that well so i created by saying our players have 10 good things just becoz they fall a lil short on power compare to WI player they shudnt be put down. WI players do have more strength compare to rest of the world doesnt make us bad. WE can list guys like yuvi, dhoni, kapil n few but there list wud be endless. Where did i say our players were worst when my op was all about saying they are better lets not put down coz of one aspect 

Leagues have mushroomed now only. The premise is correct that WI players are far beter atheletes than Indians but in my opinion that mostly translates to fast bowling advantage.

Hitting a ball with cricket bat is a huge mechanical advantage to begin with. The batting advantage can be overcome in weight room and I have seen plenty of that in other sports. Bowling it is just not possible to overcome the height advantage and that is the reality.

It is like a famous BBall coah once said: "I can coach up everything but I cannot coach height."

4 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Indians lack our Boom boom’s power. They can’t compete with great power hitters. Need to get West Indian blood in Indian cricket.

No. You guys need the blood transfusion more. Indian batting is doing fine. 

Meanwhile get some brain transplants also because your players do run their mouth a lot.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Rohit hits pacer Cottrell effortlessly for a 6 over long on,  in the 3rd over.

It all about intent for us ... and not lack of ability.

No, during the break between 2nd and 3rd match they went to the gym and developed powerful muscles. Hence the difference. Nothing to do about intent or approach.Total hard work at gum for 2 days. What a genetic change in 2 days !!!

Edited by Straight Drive