Why was Ashwin completely sidelined from T20?

vvvslaxman

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Why can't he bat freely? 

He can't bat freely because he is incapable of playing big shots from word go.The problem is not Kohli, it is other two Rohit and Dhawan.They also bat in t20s as if they are just mini odis.Kohli atleast bat about 100 SR.

There are many matches where these two bozos use all the power play and do nothing and get out. They need to have thumper who can will start hitting from ball one as an opener.

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

Ashwin strictlybased on bowling should not find spot in any format playing for India. He is the worst spinner India has.

Exactly, only Naarthies should be allowed to play for India, esp from Delhi, Punjab, Haryana irrespective of performance. They have aggression, josh, jazbaa, junoon, daleri, swag.... so that counts for everything. 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Exactly, only Naarthies should be allowed to play for India, esp from Delhi, Punjab, Haryana irrespective of performance. They have aggression, josh, jazbaa, junoon, daleri, swag.... so that counts for everything. 

You are the most rabid rascist person on this forum. It is oK for me to critisize Kohli who is from my community but it is a sacrilege to critisize Ashwin. That man has been a crap for two years now. Make it three.

Just now, Khota said:

You are the most rabid rascist person on this forum. It is oK for me to critisize Kohli who is from my community but it is a sacrilege to critisize Ashwin. That man has been a crap for two years now. Make it three.

Why so triggered? Easy with the words, if I start giving back mods will have a busy time here. So I'll be polite and say that you are the most stupid poster I have ever come across in any message board. In fact not even sure whether you are a bot or khota of the padosi type. 

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Why so triggered? Easy with the words, if I start giving back mods will have a busy time here. So I'll be polite and say that you are the most stupid poster I have ever come across in any message board. In fact not even sure whether you are a bot or khota of the padosi type. 

You took a cheap shot at all North Indians. You have no shame. Have I said anything bad about any south Indian at all in this forum ever? Just because I don't  think a player is performing you with your deeply racist view bring region into account. You are just that a racist.

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

You took a cheap shot at all North Indians. You have no shame. Have I said anything bad about any south Indian at all in this forum ever? Just because I don't  think a player is performing you with your deeply racist view bring region into account. You are just that a racist.

You don't even know where I am from or my posting history, doesn't matter all are anonymous here. Cheap shot where? Expressing admiration is cheap shot? Josh, jazbaa, junoon, daleri, swag comment is inaccurate? Do you even understand the meaning of half the terms you are using? You think India (apart from remote NE and Andaman tribes) has more than one race :cantstop:? Do you subscribe to those mischevious British/foreign theories, many Pakeez swear by them to compensate for other areas where they lack. 

Edited by Gollum
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kuldeep form is a concern ....he was inconsistent with his length a lot in WI series also teams have figured him out and they have a plan against him. I think we shud still give him a go till IPL coz he is a quality player and if things dont change much we can look at ashwin post IPL

His confidence has been totally killed  by this TM. Between Aug -Dec this year, all he played was 3 competitive matches. The jokers in TM did not release him to play more matches in SMA or VH Trophy to keep his rhythm going. But then that's the normal.

Even if he has to be replaced, pick Rahul Chahar, Gopal or Markande. Going back to Ashwin will be a team destroying short sighnted decision (like recalling Jadeja for T20s has been)

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

His confidence has been totally killed  by this TM. Between Aug -Dec this year, all he played was 3 competitive matches. The jokers in TM did not release him to play more matches in SMA or VH Trophy to keep his rhythm going. But then that's the normal.

Even if he has to be replaced, pick Rahul Chahar, Gopal or Markande. Going back to Ashwin will be a team destroying short sighnted decision (like recalling Jadeja for T20s has been)

There is nothing wrong in going back he was a good t20 bowler.... Jadeja has never been good in t20s.

Chahal high wud go so other guy shud be a diff variety of bowler. 

N we have 2 back to back t20 so nothing wrong in being short sighted .

If those leg spinner are to be seen it shud for chahal. If they wanna try a youngster try it now or it ll be to late to throw in a rookie in wc

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

There is nothing wrong in going back he was a good t20 bowler.... Jadeja has never been good in t20s.

Chahal high wud go so other guy shud be a diff variety of bowler. 

N we have 2 back to back t20 so nothing wrong in being short sighted .

If those leg spinner are to be seen it shud for chahal. If they wanna try a youngster try it now or it ll be to late to throw in a rookie in wc

Defensive bowlers are never ever good in T20s, one of the main reason why we could not win a T20 WC even on Asian pitches (besides Dhoni's pathetic leadership and some baffling team selections). Our current T20 team has enough of those defensive bowlers (whom our captain loves). 

14 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Defensive bowlers are never ever good in T20s, one of the main reason why we could not win a T20 WC even on Asian pitches (besides Dhoni's pathetic leadership and some baffling team selections). Our current T20 team has enough of those defensive bowlers (whom our captain loves). 

he wasnt a  defensive bowler ....he was always used in tough times be it PP or death 

No one player wins u worldcup, check his record in 2012 n 14 t20 WC

He is one spinner with so much variety . At start of this thread we have put up his record in t20 dont confuse formats ....he avg 22.94 in this format which cant be of a defensive bowler . Even in recent SMA final he took mayank n rahul on consecutive balls n changed the momentum of the game

Our current t20 line up has - bhuvi, chahar, shami, bumrah, kuldeep, chahal, jadeja

Apart from jadeja, shami all are good t20 bowlers , saini is to early to judge

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, Gollum said:

You don't even know where I am from or my posting history, doesn't matter all are anonymous here. Cheap shot where? Expressing admiration is cheap shot? Josh, jazbaa, junoon, daleri, swag comment is inaccurate? Do you even understand the meaning of half the terms you are using? You think India (apart from remote NE and Andaman tribes) has more than one race :cantstop:? Do you subscribe to those mischevious British/foreign theories, many Pakeez swear by them to compensate for other areas where they lack. 

I don't care about you neither do I give frick about you.

All I do know when any player who happens to be from a certain region is criticized you start blaming naaarth Indians in a mocking manner.

You sir are a text book definition of a racist.

Merry Christmas.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he wasnt a  defensive bowler ....he was always used in tough times be it PP or death 

No one player wins u worldcup, check his record in 2012 n 14 t20 WC

He is one spinner with so much variety . At start of this thread we have put up his record in t20 dont confuse formats ....he avg 22.94 in this format which cant be of a defensive bowler . Even in recent SMA final he took mayank n rahul on consecutive balls n changed the momentum of the game

Our current t20 line up has - bhuvi, chahar, shami, bumrah, kuldeep, chahal, jadeja

Apart from jadeja, shami all are good t20 bowlers , saini is to early to judge

46 matches, 52 wickets...Went wicketless in 5 of his last 10-12 T20s (17 wicketless matches out of 46), classical sign of a defensive bowler.. As for that average, almost every spinner who is/was his contemporary had a better average. 

BTW Chahal has same number of wickets in 10 less matches!

17 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

46 matches, 52 wickets...Went wicketless in 5 of his last 10-12 T20s (17 wicketless matches out of 46), classical sign of a defensive bowler.. As for that average, almost every spinner who is/was his contemporary had a better average. 

BTW Chahal has same number of wickets in 10 less matches!

bumrah figure arent far.....he avg 20 , 42 matches 51 wkts

So a batsman is allowed to fail not a bowler???A player is not allowd to have bad games. Once a career spans longer these dips will come....isnt kulcha facing same now .

If after those 5 wktless games also he is not far from bumrah then very good 

So no one is questioning chahal place , also chahal doesnt bowl in PP much which ashwin did a lot . Chahal has played in better bowling unit which helps everyones avg as we can see in test cricket now with our every bowler avg being helped 

Ashwin has to be in mix with others and we ll have to see post IPL who to go for only if kuldeep form is iffy. The later it gets the experience player we ll have to go to even in case of wk ....if pant is not working the late it gets DK becomes better option

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Ashwin better than Chahal,as an overall package brings more to the table

If Ashwin is alleged to have cost us CT2017 then Chahal is even bigger culprit he cost us WC2019

Jaddu did much worse in that CT final, with ball and also that selfish run out of Pandya. All spinners got tonked in that match, difference was their quicks completely outbowled our quicks. Look at what Bumrah did, even the no ball that dismissed FZ :facepalm:

wqMaqAw.jpg

kjzuWtv.jpg

Moreover kaun toss jeetke Pak ke khilaaf ICC final me bowling leta hai? Dumb decision by man-child Kohli going against his coach/well-wisher Kumble's advice, PakPremi Kohli deliberatley disobeyed Kumble, petty dumb*. We smashed them batting first in group stage, they suck in run chases, pitch was flat on a sunny windless day, no possibility of dew......yet!!!! And yeah we didn't play our ace spearhead Shami just like in 2019 SF. 

Players who performed worse than Ashwin that day: Top 3, Jadhav, MSD, Yuvraj (borderline), Bumrah, Jaddu. They just needed a scapegoat.

Compare that to WC SF, 63 runs on that pitch by mental midget Chahal, Santner showed how to bowl the next day, Jaddu showed how to bowl from the other end. Chahal lose the direct H2H miserably, biggest culprit of our WC exit yet nobody even mentions it, he is the only undroppable guy after Kohli/Rohit and no real achievement in his career to show. Dare I say if Ashwin was playing that SF our target would have been under 200. 

Edited by Gollum