New Zealand tour of Australia , Test Series Thread

ssurenn

9 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Combination of his action, shorter height and being a left armer and being aggressive, similar to Shami, ball gets to you quite quicker and of a length it bounces

Thing is ... Shami is about 7 kph to 8 kph quicker than Wagner.  Don't think he would have been as hostile as Wagner if he was bowling 127 k to 137 k like Wagner.

Unbelievably poor from NZ. I think they just dismantle against Aus, they are not this bad. They can't beat them even at home. However @Stan AF is right, this series was hard to follow as a neutral,could bear couple of hours of this series. Now I know what neutrals must have felt in the Indian home season.

Also, WTC sucks, what a glorified gimmick.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Why  ?

What's the point ? No competition, no fun. The problem with the format, just too hard to follow over a long period of time. 

Also the format, a final to decide a WTC winner is making mockery of the test format. It should have been a 3 match series ideally. If you are investing so much money and time into something, invests some more to make it worthwhile. In an ideal world, undisputed WTC winner should be decided between two teams playing home, away and at neutral. Obviously, conditions may not allow that but it will be better than this gimmick.

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

Only team which is competent in australian conditions is india....

India have the hit the deck bowlers and thats what will work in australia....

NZ have ferguson & Henry and should have utilized them...

Only certain pitches in australia favours swing...and that too on certain days.......only those matches southee / boult should be used...

Our Team Management should note this and not entertain taking deepak chahar and bhuvaneshwar to Australia.

6 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I will tell you one thing, india better not rely on winning or drawing any tests in aus for world test championship 

Yeah, from the looks of it, even being competitive in Australia would be an achievement. If bumrah Shami click we could claw back a test but I don't see us winning a series there against this quality lineup 

12 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I will tell you one thing, india better not rely on winning or drawing any tests in aus for world test championship 

4 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

Yeah, from the looks of it, even being competitive in Australia would be an achievement. If bumrah Shami click we could claw back a test but I don't see us winning a series there against this quality lineup 

we just won a series there last year when starc hazelwood and cummins were bowling...... it would have been a 3-1 series if not for the rain in Sydney.

Edited by FischerTal
1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

They were still reeling from sandpaper gate with some new blood

This is a more settled unit now. 

I still back india to win in india v aus without much fuss. But i wlll not rule out an indian whitewash in aus either

they beat us 4-0 even with the fab 4 despite having bowlers like Hilfenhaus and Siddle back in 2011. Lets give our batting credit where it is due. I don't think sandpaper gate has anything to do with the quality of bowling. we successfully negated both starc and cummins. Pujara was key for us and hell be key next year as well. Also, our bowlers are just as good as theirs and now hopefully kohli and Shastri have the intelligence to blood in Saini in Tests, where he will perform much better given his FC record.