Gautam Gambhir "India need to look beyond Shikhar Dhawan in T20.He has not done a lot in T20 cricket

I agree that SD is not fit for this team and Rahul has to open.Sampson is still unknown and we don't even know if he is of international class.

Gambhir is acting like some stupid fans who always think players who are not playing are better than players playing in the team.

Sampson and Dhawan have identical SR in t20s.Dhawan has played T20s and Sampson has not played any international cricket but yet according Gambhir Sampson deserves place ahead of Dhawan.

Edited by putrevus
6 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Agree about Dhawan but why does he have such a hard-on for Samson? He's not even scoring consistently at domestic, let alone international. 

i think samson has been consistent in IPL n t20 domestic but neways he says he doesnt want to look at number....he beilves samson is one of the best talent. Atleast he is looking beyond region n his IPL franchises 

12 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

On topic, full marks to gambhir on saying the plain truth. Its often bitter but someone has to look into the harshness of truth and say it out loud. Hopefully Kohli listens to it. I'm not gonna watch the world cup if he keeps playing his old boy network. It already screwed up last years 50 over world cup and its a waste of time to watch it repeat and also watch his bs super v ads :no:

Kohli won't listen...it has to be selectors (with dada's backing) who can do this. Even then, expect a hussy fit like the spoilt brat threw to get Kumble kicked out, if things are forced on him. Hope they read the riot act to Kohli/Shastri if he throws any tantrums. But unlikely, given BCCI politics, and uncertainty around Ganguly's tenure

The way Dhoni discarded seniors from LOIs in 2008-10 period (mostly with justification) shows that we have gone beyond the unnecessary 'respect to seniors' culture. Captain now has more clout than ever before, something all us fans, watching cricket from 80s and seeing 'bunch of jokers' aka selectors & BCCI admin like Dungarpur ruin careers, wished for. But Kohli has massively abused this power, and it shows why balance of power with captain, coach and strong selectors all playing equal role is so important

Edited by Cricwala
6 hours ago, putrevus said:

I agree that SD is not fit for this team and Rahul has to open.Sampson is still unknown and we don't even know if he is of international class.

Gambhir is acting like some stupid fans who always think players who are not playing are better than players playing in the team.

Sampson and Dhawan have identical SR in t20s.Dhawan has played T20s and Sampson has not played any international cricket but yet according Gambhir Sampson deserves place ahead of Dhawan.

Because Dhawan has played 50+ T20Is and not improved. He is 34, still inconsistent and on his last legs of international career. He has been abysmal in 2 T20WCs he has played.

Samson is 25, has a great future ahead of him and has improved massively in last 3 IPLs (140+ SR vs career SR of 126)

45 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Because Dhawan has played 50+ T20Is and not improved. He is 34, still inconsistent and on his last legs of international career. He has been abysmal in 2 T20WCs he has played.

Samson is 25, has a great future ahead of him and has improved massively in last 3 IPLs (140+ SR vs career SR of 126)

Rahul is the replacement for Dhawan.Sampson is 25 and he stinks in all other formats that too playing all matches in India.I would invest my time in young guy like Gill than Sampson.It is not like Samson is Jason Roy .

Dhawan is still  one of the best odi players , Dhawan would have been a very good  test opener if all tests were played in Asia .I would go have gone with Dhawan over Sampson also till now too.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I love Samson's batting, but he has alot to prove before we decide he has a great future.  Great batsmen prove their quality and ability to consistently make runs in FC cricket. Samson has been unable to live up to his potential so far.