What's not very traditional about you?

Stradlater

21 minutes ago, beetle said:

Wet bathroom means bathroom that gets wet everytime one showers ...plus the Indian toilets are always wet.

Indian toilets really do not cater to toilet papers. They get clogged.

A western toilet with a toilet faucet, a shower area with low shower curtain is all one needs for a dry bathroom . 

In western terms, this would indicate a wet bathroom. There would be no water in the floor of the non-shower part of the bathroom. Usually western people don't like water apart from showering and washing face. Water on the toilet floor is considered untidy. Wetness can cause mold in wooden floors. Some people even lower their faces in the washbasin area so that no water slips onto the floor. The shower area will have two curtains one on the inside of the bathtub and one outside. The shower water will be prevented from going out of the shower region by the inside plastic curtain and the outside curtain made of cloth runs to the floor outside the shower area for extra protection.

https://www.crddesignbuild.com/blog/what-is-a-wet-bathroom

Edit: If you go to the malls, they would have dry toilets. If you go there, you wouldn't find faucets only toilet paper. This is to encourage western visitors including desi children born/raised in the west.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

In western terms, this would indicate a wet bathroom. There would be no water in the floor of the non-shower part of the bathroom. Usually western people don't like water apart from showering and washing face. Water on the toilet floor is considered untidy. Wetness can cause mold in wooden floors. Some people even lower their faces in the washbasin area so that no water slips onto the floor. The shower area will have two curtains one on the inside of the bathtub and one outside. The shower water will be prevented from going out of the shower region by the inside plastic curtain and the outside curtain made of cloth runs to the floor outside the shower area for extra protection.

https://www.crddesignbuild.com/blog/what-is-a-wet-bathroom

Edit: If you go to the malls, they would have dry toilets. If you go there, you wouldn't find faucets only toilet paper. This is to encourage western visitors including desi children born/raised in the west.

Indian malls have faucets too.

In India ...very few people use tubs.You do whatever it takes to keep the shower area dry .

We just made a tiny little basic  house in the hills and spent most money on the dry bathroom with tub and double curtain and a huge window for direct sunlight . We don't take baths ( water shortage there) only showers but it is worth the effort and money spent just to have an completely dry bathroom .

I hate wetness in bathroom or any floors.

Edited by beetle

I think the most wet bathrooms belong to the Muslims. 

Reason is this that as a Muslim you have to do "Wadu" (ritual washing with includes washing your feet with lot of water) 5 times a day  before Namaz. Therefore, even if Muslims have modern bathrooms in the West, along with faucets, still their floors of their bathrooms are always wet.

I could not tell it enough what a big RELIEF it is to get yourself free of 5 times of daily prayers and ritual washing. 

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Indian malls have faucets too.

In India ...very few people use tubs.You do whatever it takes to keep the shower area dry .

We just made a tiny little basic  house in the hills and spent most money on the dry bathroom with tub and double curtain and a huge window for direct sunlight . We don't take baths ( water shortage there) only showers but it is worth the effort and money spent just to have an completely dry bathroom .

I hate wetness in bathroom or any floors.

Indian malls have both wet and dry bathrooms atleast in the ones I have been to. Maybe my earlier post wasn't clearer. Yes there is no bath tub usage in almost every house in India. Water shortage is throughout India but Indians don't conserve water and the govt doesn't implement any methods. Only a few people who know the necessity of conserving water take their initiative and find ingenious methods to save water. Its basically like our cricket team. Have a few star players but on the whole the team is not more than the sum of the individuals.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

I don't believe in the magic powers of animal excretory products. 

This kind of crap takes the piss out of the ancient system of medicine.

For example back in the day excretion humans or animals was considered a natural fertilizer. Today the same thing is sold to us as organic farming and people pay the extra buck to buy them because the name sounds fancy.

Similarly dung on the walls was supposed to have a cooling effect on those style of houses.

Obviously when we have substitutes due to advancement in technology it is still stupid to use the old methods, but it is equally stupid to make fun of those traditions because the ywere based on the scientific understanding of those times.

4 hours ago, beetle said:

I don't believe in the magic powers of animal excretory products. 

This kind of crap takes the piss out of the ancient system of medicine.

Ask Nitin Gadkari when he gave vegetables grown in his backyard to 10Janpath, where he had claimed he used urea from his own production to grow his vegetables. 

22 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Ask Nitin Gadkari when he gave vegetables grown in his backyard to 10Janpath, where he had claimed he used urea from his own production to grow his vegetables. 

This is something different and all accept it while it is pure science. 

Only plants have the ability to change this urea into organic vitamins and minerals again, but humans lack this ability. 

16 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Obviously when we have substitutes due to advancement in technology it is still stupid to use the old methods, but it is equally stupid to make fun of those traditions because the ywere based on the scientific understanding of those times.

Not talking of using extretory products as manure( nothing magical about that ) but as medicines with magical powers to cure cancer,homosexuality or corona virus .:rolleyes:

On 2/6/2020 at 2:19 PM, Real McCoy said:

I hate the obligation to eat whenever visiting relatives. I know they are trying to entertain me as a guest. With sugar in sweets and salt in snacks to increase taste, I tend to avoid eating them or limit to little. I don't mind lunch or dinner as long as they are prepared at home. Going out to eat is fraught with danger. Some relatives tend to work around the tactic by saying this is presented to god and you shouldn't refuse what is presented to gods. I ask them did this god ask for this sweet and snacks. Then they accuse me of being atheistic :rolleyes: I also avoid relatives who don't really care about me but act like they do (even some aunts who are related by blood). Its easier to avoid these people rather than going and eating their unhealthy stuff.

Visiting a relatives' home has become a lose-lose situation. 

If you visit unannounced, the *major* conversation is about how the home is a mess and what should be ordered and how they would love to welcome me/us better yadda yadda. 

If you give them a warning in advance, then they may all kinds of sweets/namkeens/oily food for you. If you refuse the usual cringey emotional blackmail about how they much effort went into preparing the dishes, how its my favourite recipe etc etc 

Visiting relatives has become like the NZ cricket team. Bad at bilaterals, but good in WC events (marriages/bday parties etc)

Edited by Mariyam

On 2/8/2020 at 2:05 AM, Mariyam said:

Visiting a relatives' home has become a lose-lose situation. 

If you visit unannounced, the *major* conversation is about how the home is a mess and what should be ordered and how they would love to welcome me/us better yadda yadda. 

If you give them a warning in advance, then they may all kinds of sweets/namkeens/oily food for you. If you refuse the usual cringey emotional blackmail about how they much effort went into preparing the dishes, how its my favourite recipe etc etc 

Visiting relatives has become like the NZ cricket team. Bad at bilaterals, but good in WC events (marriages/bday parties etc)

:cantstop::cantstop::cantstop:

I don't believe in god-men. I don't worship Saibaba, Satya Saibaba, or any Sadguru. I respect some of the them and what they have said. Like the Dayanand Saraswathi Swamigal (of TN, who recently passed away), or Pejawar Matha Swamiji or Siddaganga Matha Swamji (has a title of a Walking God),. I don't see the need to worship them. Some of the gurus get performed aartis and bhajans. I don't judge others who do, though.